By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

Meet Dave and Josh Sunday 8/28 at Epcot and Magic Kingdom! Details are here.

November 2016 at Walt Disney World

August   September   October   November   December    January   February   March

OVERVIEW: NOVEMBER 2016 AT DISNEY WORLD

November 2016 at Disney World from yourfirstvisit.netThis page reviews November 2016 Walt Disney World crowds, prices, deals and discounts, weather, and operating hours; adds a few other notes; and ends with week by week summaries.

Very early, mid and late November has some of the best times of the year to visit Disney World, with cooler weather, low crowds, low prices, and fun special events.

Other parts of the month is not so good, with moderate crowds from Jersey Week.  Thanksgiving week, with high crowds and higher prices than the rest of the month, should be avoided.

NOVEMBER 2016 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

November has high, low and moderate crowd weeks.

On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 10/29 has a crowd rating of 3/ low, the week beginning 11/5 6/moderate, the week beginning 11/12 3/low,the week beginning 11/19 9/high, and the week beginning 11/26 3/low.

However, because of the Christmas Party and the Food and Wine Festival, you can face higher much waits if you go to the parks on the wrong days.  See this for how to avoid these crowds.

See this for more on 2016 crowds at Disney World.

NOVEMBER 2016 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Prices begin the month at the values and moderates 10% higher than the lowest of the year. At the deluxes, prices begin the month 6% higher than the lowest of the year.

Over Thanksgiving week prices go to 50% higher than the lowest of the year at the moderates and values on 11/19, and on 11/22 they go to 20% higher at the deluxes.

On 11/26 they all return to the levels of the beginning of the month.

See this for more on 2016 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.

NOVEMBER 2016 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Deals are available for November 2016. Details are here.

NOVEMBER 2016 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Early November weather can be about as good as Orlando gets. Over the course of the month, lower and much more variable temps emerge.  Days can be perfect or quite cool.

Disney World Temperatures and Percentile Distribution Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.

NOVEMBER 2016 SPECIAL EVENTS

The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival continues through November 14.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party kicks off November 7.

NOVEMBER 2016 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.

The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance.

These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:

WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR NOVEMBER 2016 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE

The week rankings that follow below are from 2016 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.

2016 Disney World Week Rankings from yourfirstvisit.net

Click the image for a calendar view of 2016 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)

10/29/2016. Low prices at values and moderates, moderate-minus prices at deluxes. Low crowds. Crowd ranking=3. Week ranking=6. Recommended Week. Use the 2016 FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary

11/5/2016. Jersey week. Low prices at values, moderate prices at moderates and deluxes. Moderate crowds. Crowd ranking=6. Week ranking=17. Use the 2016 FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary

11/12/2016. Low prices at values, moderate prices at moderates and deluxes. Low crowds. Crowd ranking=3. Week ranking=4. Recommended Week. Use the 2016 FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, but swap Tuesday and Thursday

11/19/2016. Thanksgiving weekModerate-plus prices at values, high prices at moderates, moderate prices at deluxes. High crowds. Crowd ranking=9. Week ranking=39. Use the 2016 FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary, but swap First Sunday and Thursday

11/26/2016. Low prices at values, moderate-minus prices at moderates, low prices at deluxes. Low crowds. Crowd ranking=3. Week ranking=1. Recommended Week. Use the Basic 2016 FastPass+ December Itinerary
The 2017 easy Guide

Kelly B Can Help You Book Your Trip

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Joe C { 04.19.16 at 10:24 am }

Hi Dave, this site is great! I have a reservation getting there in the 17 of Nov and leaving in the 25th. I am taking my wife and my 5 years old twins girls, ad will be staying at the POR. I want to try to use the 2016 FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary but I would like to know what days would you recommend to swap based on the days I’ll be there. I also want to attend to the Christmas party I believe will be one on the 18th. Thanks in advance for the help and for what you do.

2 Dave { 04.19.16 at 1:01 pm }

Hi Joe and thanks! My itineraries don’t adapt well to changes in days, as they are tied to the operating calendars of specific days–e.g Monday is Monday, not Day 3, and the two weeks you are traveling already require 4 swapped days. Moreover they are designed for much older kids.

Your best bet is to use the material in Chapter 6 of my book to construct your own itinerary.

3 Rick { 04.26.16 at 12:34 am }

I was one of the lucky ones to have booked one of the free DDP deals for CSR and my stay cuts into a low/high crowd week (11/15-22/16). Would you recommend taking the two itineraries and splicing them together? We also plan to arrive & leave early and have two kiddies 5 & 12 in the mix. Any recommendations would be appreciated, oh and I just purchased your book (don’t tell me how it ends, I like surprises!)

4 Dave { 04.26.16 at 8:52 am }

Rick, since you have the book, I would adapt its itineraries as suggested in Chapter 6. That will work better than adapting one of mine on this site, especially since both those weeks require changes to mine anyway

5 Shannon { 04.30.16 at 8:47 am }

Hello,

We are planning to travel 10/27-11/2 or 10/28-11/3, 2016. My husband and I have a 10 and 11 year old, and this is our first trip to DW. Would you recommend getting the Park Hopper? Thanks!

6 Shannon { 04.30.16 at 8:53 am }

We are staying at Pop Century.

7 Dave { 04.30.16 at 10:55 am }

Shannon, no–you will waste time traveling park to park that’s better spent on rides…

8 Shannon { 04.30.16 at 11:59 am }

Thanks!! What parks would you recommend for 10/27-11/3?

9 Dave { 05.02.16 at 8:45 am }

Shannon,
10/27 avoid Epcot
10/28 avoid HS and Epcot
10/29 avoid all but HS
10/30 avoid HS and Epcot
10/31 avoid AK
11/1 avoid Epcot and MK
11/2 avoid HS and AK
11/3 avoid Epcot

10 GeorgeyBoy { 05.03.16 at 2:16 pm }

October 29 – Nov. 6th seems to have some EMH variations? Looks like MK is open until midnight on the 5th of Nov?

Any suggestions or changes to the calendar for this week?

11 Joe { 05.03.16 at 3:43 pm }

What parks would you recommend for 11/17-11/25? I am going with 2 five y/o and stating @ CSR.

12 Dave { 05.04.16 at 8:58 am }

Not really needed, Georgey Boy. Saturdays are always so-so to lousy at MK, but I always send people there the last Saturday for Wishes. My itineraries work because of timing and FP+ those days…

13 Dave { 05.04.16 at 8:59 am }

Joe, see this.

14 Deanna Foren { 05.09.16 at 5:24 pm }

We are going the week of Nov. 12th. Going into the park the 13th for Mickeys Christmas party and will have the 4 day park hopper Monday-Thursday (thanks to the military special) any recommendations of parks to avoid on certain days. Thinking Monday might be a good day to avoid Epcot as its the last day of the festival. Thanks

15 Becky { 05.09.16 at 10:48 pm }

Hi we are visiting 11/15 – 11/22 with the regular DDP. We have to make reservations next week for dining yet the park hours and fireworks are not out yet. Which park would you recommend on which days? We are traveling with 2 young children. Also want to make sure we score a FP to the new frozen ride. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

16 Dave { 05.10.16 at 8:03 am }

Hi Deanna!

11/14 avoid MK
11/15 avoid Epcot
11/16 avoid AK and MK
11/17 MK is a good choice, but (because) the park closes at 4.30p. So if you don’t want that, avoid Epcot

17 Dave { 05.10.16 at 8:15 am }

Becky, see this.

18 Becky { 05.10.16 at 10:42 am }

Hi Dave I did see this. I was mostly looking into best day for MK. Looking at wednesday 16 or Saturday 19. Little worried about the Saturday due to Thanksgiving crowds coming in. Epcot looking at Wednesday or Sunday again same concern on Sunday. I was also thinking MK may be good on Thursday due to closing at 430 but will not be any fireworks. Thanks for your help. Only have a 3 day pass so trying to pick best days with lowest crowds.

19 Tina White { 05.10.16 at 5:47 pm }

We are arriving on 11/26 thru 12/3. Have been looking for a park hours schedule and fireworks time so that I can book my DDR on May 30th. Do have any info and what days would be good for the best parks and scheduled park times. Always come to your site when planning our vacation.
Thanks

20 Malinda { 05.11.16 at 9:06 am }

Hi Dave! Do you have the daily breakdown for the month of November? I see your overall calendar, but I really love having the day-to-day breakdown. Thanks!!!

21 Dave { 05.11.16 at 12:19 pm }

Becky, I think the 16th will be slammed. While Thxg folk will begin arriving Fri night, the hordes don’t really show in the parks til Sunday and later. You will likely get more done Thursday (if your arrive well before open and have a good plan) than during the same time frame Saturday, as the afternoon Thursday will be better. So I guess I’d just choose based on the importance of the fireworks and evening parade to you. I’d rate Wishes as not to be missed…

22 Dave { 05.11.16 at 12:30 pm }

Tina, the December calendar should be out within a week, so check back with me later!

23 Dave { 05.11.16 at 12:40 pm }

Malinda, I dont do that–Josh does, though, although he is waiting for the evening stuff to be posted to finalize. See this: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/november-2016-preliminary-crowd-calendar/

24 Deanna { 05.18.16 at 2:18 pm }

Hi, we are going into the parks 11/13-11/17. We are only doing the Christmas party on Sunday. Do you have any recommendations for which parks are the best for Mon-Thurs.? Thanks

25 Dave { 05.19.16 at 7:18 am }

Deanna:
the 14th avoid MK
11/15 avoid Epcot
11/16 avoid AK and MK
11/17 avoid Epcot. MK has an early close.

26 Mia { 05.20.16 at 12:23 am }

Hi I am attempting to book my first trip to Disney and am traveling w 3 children ranging from age 5 to 8. My plan is to be there Nov 26th – Nov 30th and attend the Mackey Xmas show. Can u recommend any specific park on specific dates. Or some must do items while visiting. Two of the children will be celebrating a birthday that week

27 Dave { 05.20.16 at 8:18 am }

Mia see this for must-do items.

Novemebr 26, avoid MK and AK
11/27 avoid HS
11/28 avoid MK
11/29 avoid Epcot
11/30 avid MK

28 Shawn { 05.25.16 at 2:58 pm }

Hi Dave!
I’m finalizing our schedule as our 180-day mark is coming up this weekend. Based on what I’ve seen you post about my trip dates, I’ve got the following schedule…do you see any issues?
11/27 – Epcot (day) / MVMCP (evening)
11/28 – HS
11/29 – MK

It looks like they will be doing the Symphony in the Stars at HS nightly now (is this the case?)..but the operating schedule for HS on 11/28 says 9am – 7pm. Will they do the fireworks that early, or do you anticipate later hours that week? Trying to figure out what time to make our dinner reservations for that day. Thank you!

29 Dave { 05.27.16 at 1:21 pm }

Shawn, your park days look fine. Indication are for nightly fireworks, but we may not know for a while. The fireworks could be on at 7.45p, wiht a 7p fantasmic

30 Tina White { 05.28.16 at 12:01 am }

Dave, booking ADR Monday morning 11/26 to 12/3. Any suggestions on what parks to go to on those dates. Not going this year to MVMCP, so we want to be able to see the fireworks at MK when they are not hosting the party.
Thanks a bunch.

31 Dave { 06.02.16 at 9:22 am }

Tina

11/26 avoid MK and AK
11/27 avoid HS
11/28 avoid MK and AK
11/29 avoid Epcot
11/30 avoid MK
12/1 avoid Epcot
12/2 avoid MK and HS
12/3 avoid MK and AK

32 Shawn { 08.14.16 at 9:29 am }

Hi Dave! Our trip is scheduled for 11/26 – 11/30 (and then on to Universal), based on it being a low crowd period. We’ll be at Epcot 11/27 (and MVMCP), HS 11/28 and MK 11/29. A lot of the crowd calendars are now showing high crowd levels during this time, especially on 11/27. Are you seeing a change in crowd levels during this period? Any recommendations, other than make sure we have our Fast Passes reserved?

33 Dave { 08.14.16 at 2:01 pm }

Shawn, since there are no more kids on break than when I made my forecast, I have not changed it.

34 Nina { 08.23.16 at 5:16 pm }

Which parks do you recommend avoiding on November 4th and 5th this year? Thanks.

35 Dave { 08.24.16 at 3:14 pm }

Hi Nina, 11/4 avoid all but MK. 11/5 avoid MK.

36 Rachel { 08.25.16 at 9:58 am }

Hi! We have a trip planned from 11/21-11/28. Prime crowd week. Are there days & time to avoid certain parks to manage the “OMG lots of people” to just “crowded”?