23 responses

1. Jan
    November 12, 2018

Hi Dave
    We are looking for recommendations for our first time trip to Disney on Nov 25 thru Nov 27 with our 5 children ages 16,15,13,11,10 we will not be staying at resort any good recommendation or deals

• Dave
      November 13, 2018

Hi Jan, the only deals you might find are on tickets, and with such a short stay you are unlikely to save much. You need to get your tix ASAP so you can book your FastPass+. If you want to look for ticket deals, try my friends at The Official Ticket Center.

Seeing everything at Disney World takes 8 days or so, so you have a lot of choices to make, and will need to skip a park. The material on this page should help you set basic priorities (which parks), and also take a look at this. With your ages, you want to focus on the stuff in the right column.

MK will be good–although closing early–on 11/25 and 11/27. Avoid HS 11/25, AK and MK 11/26, and Epcot 11/27.

2. Rose
    February 14, 2018

Let’s say I use my first 3 fast passes at AK….can my fourth be at Epcot….based on availability of course. Thanks. Lots of great info here and in your book.

• Dave
      February 15, 2018

Rose, so glad the site and book are helping! Yes, it can, if you have a Park Hopper ticket add-on.

3. Klattu
    January 24, 2018

“60 days advance reservations using FastPass if your staying at a Disney resort”….is Ft. Wilderness campground considered a Disney resort ?

• Dave
      January 25, 2018

Yup, it’s one of the original three–Polynesian, Contemporary, and Fort Wilderness

4. Deb
    September 22, 2017

I will be selecting my Fast Passes next week. Scenario: There are 4 of us in our family. We’re going to MK. Let’s say all of 4 of us want to ride Peter Pan and Seven Dwarfs. For our 3rd FP, 2 of us want to ride Space Mountain, but the other 2 want to do Enchanted Tales with Belle. Will the system count this as 3 FP for each of us, or 4 overall since I’m trying to reserve a total of 4 rides/experiences? In other words, if I reserve Space Mountain as the 3rd FP (for only 2 of us), will it block me from reserving 2 FP for Belle since I’ll be trying that last? Thanks, Dave!

• Dave
      September 24, 2017

Hi Deb, each person can only get three, but there are no constraints on having different FP+ among those three among your party. They can all be the same; each member of the group can have three different ones; or it can be a mix of same and different. The way it works technically is you book one FP+ at a time, and before choosing it pick which members of your party are included in that one. So you will be fine!!

5. Eric
    March 20, 2017

Hi Dave
    I forget if this was discussed in your book but I don’t have it with me and don’t want to forget to ask! Going with my parents, they will need a scooter. If we plan to get to parks before rope drop, are they able to rent them inside the park before the proverbial drop? I ask for all 4 parks. Hoping to get to parks 30 min before drop, giving them time to get the rentals and zip right to the Safaris!

• Dave
      March 21, 2017

Eric, the short answer is I would not count on it, and would suggest a length-of stay rental (unless you are planning on driving and can’t carry the scooter.)

The scooters are rented first-come first served until they run out, in all cases in locations after you get through the ticket area. The timing of when you get in past the ticket area varies by park–MK now opens more than an hour before the park itself opens (on 9a open days) while it may be just 15 minutes at HS. And everyone who is renting a scooter or wheelchair then goes to the same place, so lines can be long.

6. Tina
    May 25, 2016

Thanks Dave. If they were to stay, when would you expect these times to be updated for October/ November?

• Dave
      May 27, 2016

Tina, Disney has recently been lousy about advance notice on the evening shows, so it is hard to say when the updates will come out.

7. Tina
    May 23, 2016

Dave, in you opinion, will AK evening hours still be happending in November?

• Dave
      May 25, 2016

Tina, unless the new show is a total flop, yes. What is not clear is how many nights a week it will be on.

8. Katherine Chadrick
    April 29, 2016

Sorry I made that clear as mud. If I add on more days to my Disney reservation how do I go about reserving more fast passes in my Disney experience?

• Dave
      April 30, 2016

You have to add ticket days, Katherine.

9. Katherine Chadrick
    April 29, 2016

Hi Dave! I am interested in adding on extra days to our tickets to get more fast passes but wondering how that works? Ours is a free dining package in November and so their held on line in my Disney experience. To schedule your fast passes you pick which park on which days and it doesn’t look like I could use multiple passes on the same days fast pass schedules. I hope my question makes sense lol. Thanks for your help!

• Dave
      April 29, 2016

Katherine, no, I don’t understand your question. You get to pre-book up to three FastPass+ per ticket day, in only one park per day.

10. Sheri dawkins
    February 24, 2016

Unless you are going in the summer an plan to visit all the water parks an are staying off property, six days is not required, in my opinion, to just see the four major parks. If you use the fast pass option an early magic hours, four days is more than enough time to visit all four if you plan correctly especially with all the closings in Disney taking place at this time or unless you want to ride an see shows multiple times. I have been to Disney in excess of 20 times in all seasons an with good planning four days is more than enough time for just the parks.

11. Dave
    February 24, 2016

David, I’d make that call simply on which resort you like better vs the price difference.

12. David
    February 23, 2016

Last question…High floor tower room with park view(and good chance of seeing fireworks) OR standard room at Polynesian(roll of the dice and no choice on view)?
    Thanks again and have a great night.

13. David
    February 22, 2016

Good evening Dave,
    I love your site and we will be closely following your recommendations for our first trip. We are looking to stay either November 26th – December 4th OR December 3rd-December 11th at the Contemporary. Does it matter whether we stay in the tower on a higher floor with a park view, a garden view room on the lower floors, or just a standard room with no view. I am getting quoted much higher rates than I expected through a Disney agent. Also, I heard that kids exchange pins with the characters at the park, but that no one knows about before they go.
    Any thoughts or recommendations you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

• Dave
      February 23, 2016

David, the garden rooms are NOT in the Tower. See this. That does not make them a bad choice, so long as you know what you are choosing.

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2021 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.

mobile desktop