By the co-author of the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook ever -- The easy Guide to Your First Walt Disney World Visit.

Now available in PDF format!—Disney World Instructions for the First-Time Visitor

November 2015 at Walt Disney World

October  November   December   January   February   March   April   May

November 2015 at Disney World from yourfirstvisit.netThis page reviews November 2015 Walt Disney World crowds, prices, deals and discounts, weather, and operating hours; adds a few other notes; and ends with week by week summaries.

Mid-November has some of the best times of the year to visit Disney World, with cooler weather, low crowds, low prices, and fun special events.

The beginning of the month is not so good, with moderate crowds from Jersey Week.  Thanksgiving week, with high crowds and higher prices than the rest of the month, should be avoided.

November has high, low and moderate crowd weeks.

On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 10/31 has a crowd rating of 5/moderate minus, the week beginning 11/7 3/low, the week beginning 11/14 2/low, and the week beginning 11/22 10/higher.

However, because of the Christmas Party and the Food and Wine Festival, you can face higher much waits if you go to the parks on the wrong days.  See this for how to avoid these crowds.

See this for more on 2015 crowds at Disney World.

November 2015 prices begin 10% higher than the lowest of the year at the values, 8% higher at the moderates, and 10% higher at the deluxes.

Other than a bump over the Jersey Week (11/6 to 11/8) weekend, prices stay this level until November 21 at the values and moderates and November 24 at the deluxes, when they bump for Thanksgiving.  On November 28th, prices revert to the same as at the beginning of the month.

See this for more on 2015 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.

Deals are available for November 2015. Details are here.

Early November weather can be about as good as Orlando gets. Over the course of the month, lower and much more variable temps emerge.  Days can be perfect or quite cool.

Disney World Temperatures and Percentile Distribution Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has its last show November 1..

The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival continues through November 16.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party kicks off November 8.

Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.

The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance.

These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:

The week rankings that follow below are from 2015 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.

Disney World 2015 Week Rankings from (960x1280)

Click the image for a calendar view of 2015 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)

• 10/31/2015 Jersey Week. Low prices at values and deluxes, moderate prices in moderates. Moderate-minus crowds. Crowd ranking=5. Week ranking=15. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, but swap First Sunday and Wednesday in both the itinerary and its To-Do List
  • 11/7/2015 Low prices at values and deluxes, moderate prices in moderates.   Low crowds. Crowd ranking=3. Week ranking=7. Recommended week.  Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, but swap First Sunday and Wednesday in both the itinerary and its To-Do List
  • 11/14/2015  Low prices at values and deluxes, moderate prices in moderates.  Lower crowds. Crowd ranking=2. Week ranking=4.  Recommended week. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, but swap First Sunday and Wednesday in both the itinerary and its To-Do List
  • 11/21/2015  Thanksgiving week. High prices at values, moderate prices in moderates and deluxes.   Higher crowds. Crowd ranking=10. Week ranking=40. Use the FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary, but swap First Sunday and Wednesday in both the itinerary and its To-Do List
  • 11/28/2015  Low prices at values and deluxes, moderate prices in moderates. Low crowds. Crowd ranking=3.  Week ranking=1. Recommended week. Use the Basic December Itinerary, but swap Wednesday and Thursday in both the itinerary and its To-Do List

Want a second opinion?  Then check out my book lol.

Follow on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 KE { 04.13.15 at 9:54 pm }

Going again this November! 3rd time with the kiddos, 8th time overall! Always learn more from your tips, reviews, and charts! Thanks much for keeping us updated on all the best WDW has to offer!

This may be posted elsewhere- but do you know when Candlelight Processional dates come available?

Thanks again!

2 Dave { 04.14.15 at 7:52 am }

Thanks KE! The processional will run the usual dates–the Friday after Thanksgiving through December 30. The package, last year, became available for booking in July. The first, incomplete, narrator list also came out in July, with updates (and sometimes changes) continuing for months…

3 Stephanie { 04.16.15 at 1:09 pm }

Hi Dave!

Love your site! My family will be at Disney the week of Nov-16-21. I Have researched enough (I think) to hope that I have picked a low crowed time? Just worried about our last day the 20th . I have planned to be at MK is this a good idea?
We are staying at the Polynesian hoping construction will be done?

4 Dave { 04.17.15 at 8:27 am }

Thanks Stephanie!!

MK will be fine the 20th, especially if you arrive before the morning EMH starts. Major construction at the Poly–except perhaps the East Pool–will be over by then.

5 Stephanie { 04.17.15 at 12:15 pm }

Thsnks for answering my questions!! This is the best site!! So much info! We have only stayed at Bay lake so excited to stay at the Poly!! I saw you are going to be at Epcot have fun!

6 Brett { 04.18.15 at 12:27 pm }

Hi, we are planning a 7 night trip from 11/10-11/17. How would you adjust the itinerary you recommended for the weeks that overlap my trip? Lastly, HS closes at 4pm on my last day. Why so early? Thanks for all the help.

7 Dave { 04.21.15 at 7:50 am }

Brett, in my itineraries days are days–so Monday means “Monday,” not day 3. So they don;t adjust well to different dates. Tell me the ages of your kids and I can advise on which parks which days. HS closes at 4 that day because there’s a cast member party there in the evening.

8 Brett Petralia { 04.21.15 at 9:17 pm }

Hi and thanks for your help. My teens would be 13, 14 and 16. This would probably be one of our last big Disney trips so we want it to be as magical as possible. Also, we want to do the Christmas Party if that helps. Also, which resort has the best pool where we can get the dining plan, we’ve been to the beach club in the past 2 years so we would like something a bit different. Thanks.

9 Dave { 04.23.15 at 8:11 am }

OK Brett, on days:

11/10 avoid Epcot
11/11 avoid AK and MK
11/12 avoid Epcot
11/13 avoid AK and Epcot
11/14 avoid all but AK
11/15 avoid Epcot and HS
11/16 avoid MK
11/17 avoid Epcot

In designing your trip, note that 11/14 AK (or talking the day off) is the only good choice, and the limited number of good Epcot days.

No Disney-owned resort has a pool as good as BC, and two of the three next best won’t hold 5. So I think the Poly is your choice…

10 Kelly Parker { 04.28.15 at 5:18 pm }

Hi! We are checking in to Pop Century on November 14th 2015 but won’t arrive until late in the day and are leaving the morning of November 20th 2015. My husband my daughter (age 4) and I will be going for the first time. We have the free dining plan (we upgraded from the quick service) and 6 day ticket with park hopper. I’m wondering what you think is the best itinerary for our family of 3. Any advice would be much appreciated…. Including what you think are best time slots for dining
Also this may be a silly question but will I be alerted somehow when you reply?
Thank you!

11 Dave { 04.28.15 at 7:48 pm }

Kelly, got you here And no my commenting system is not that sophisticated…

12 Tina { 05.18.15 at 8:30 pm }

Going Nov 8th through Nov 14th. Magic Kingdom will only be open past 7:00 on two of those nights because of MVMCP. So disappointed. One of the nights that they are open is on the 9th till 10:00 which we have reservations at O’hanas at 8:15. Don’t know if we will get over at MK for the fireworks. Thats one of my favorite things is to go to MK at night to watch them. On the 11th is extra magic hours and we have DDR at CRT at 9:35, only one we could get. Do they have fireworks during the extra magic hours as they have at 9:45 and 10:00? Know I am rambling, lol, but wanna see the fireworks! In the process of checking from now to vacation on a cancellation for eairler DDR. Thanks

13 Cathy { 05.18.15 at 11:25 pm }

We are checking in Pop Century 11/28/15. We have been to Disney several times ,usually late Oct. to early Nov. We love that time but wanted to see the Christmas decorations. Also, this is our first time to have dining plan. I see 4 of our 7 nights are MVMCP. Any suggestions of which park on what days; we need to set dinging plans very soon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

14 Dave { 05.19.15 at 1:28 pm }

Tina, you may be able to make it from ‘Ohana, and yes, Wishes is on the 11th at 10p!

15 Dave { 05.19.15 at 1:41 pm }

Hi Cathy!

11/28 avoid HS
11/29 avoid HS
11/30 avoid MK
12/1 avoid Epcot
12/2 avoid MK and AK
12/3 Avoid Epcot
12/4 Avoid AK
12/5 avoid HS

Note that there are no good days at MK when Wishes is on. Assuming you have a hopper with your free dining, you could hop to MK the 30th or 2nd to see the evening shows…

16 Mike { 05.22.15 at 6:39 am }

I asked a question on the MVMCP page and received your response. I felt I needed a second opinion so I bought the book! LOL!

I have continued to scour this site for information not only in the articles but also the Q and A. I am a little confused with your response to Brett above. In the answer you state that on 11/14 avoid all but AK yet the basic itinerary for Sat has MK as the choice. What am I missing?

I will be at the resort 11/13 through 11/23. I am also planning a day at Universal and purchased tickets for MVMCP on Tues. (a school day per your suggestion). What thoughts do you have on parks to be at or avoid each day. I have already made reservations at the popular dining spots but have park hopper so there is no issue for meals but the time involved bouncing from park to park.

Again, thanks for a great site!

17 Dave { 05.24.15 at 10:31 am }

Hi Mike and thanks!!

On the dates, first tell me what days you have what meals. Hopping wastes a lot of time, so you really want to avoid it as much as you can. So I’ll suggest changes only if they are really material, or if the dining is easy to move.

Second on the Saturdays at MK point—two things. First, the Basic Itinerary only applies the three weeks following Thanksgiving, so ignore it for your dates. (The itinerary that does apply, and required modifications, is here.)

Second, that said, all my core itineraries have people at MK on the second Saturday. Why?

Because they are integrated to cover everything, and thus force some compromises that a trip assembled day by day does not. The biggest drivers that lead to MK on Saturdays are:

1. I try to get people in each of the other three parks at least once before they go to MK at all, because MK is so distinctive it may “spoil” the other three…that pushes three MK visits into 6 days, often itself forcing a compromise

2. MK has the evening parade and fireworks on pretty much every night much of the year, but for a long stretch (October through the first two thirds of December, excepting Thanksgiving week) it doesn’t. However, Wishes and the Evening Parade are on typically 50 or 51 weeks of the year on Saturdays, so my itineraries puts people in MK that evening

18 Tammy { 05.24.15 at 7:42 pm }

Hi Dave , the Nov 14 arrival itinerary asks to switch first Sunday and Wed which puts MK on the first full day with Epcot on the second full day ( which is also last day of wine festival) – are you still okay with the suggested swaps? Can I ask why it was suggested to swap those days?

19 Dave { 05.26.15 at 8:10 am }

Tammy, my itineraries assume certain operating schedule features which that week doesn’t follow. So the swap is aimed at sending you to lower-crowd parks during a week when the schedule is differ than the one the itinerary is built to take advantage of.

20 Mike { 05.27.15 at 10:02 am }

Reservation are as follows:

11/14 Tusker House 6:00
11/15 Hoop Dee Doo Review 6:15
11/18 Askershus 11:55 am
11/20 Cinderella’s Table 8:00 am
11/21 Crystal Palace 6:00
11/22 Chef Mickeys 8:00 am

21 Jim S { 05.27.15 at 12:46 pm }

Dave, looking at the park opening times for my Nov14-21 touring dates as compared to last year at the same time, I notice that last year opening time at MK changed from 9am to 8am for days that included MVMCP. In your opinion, is that likely to happen again this year?

22 Dave { 05.28.15 at 4:43 pm }

Mike, these work just fine with no hopping. The only bad day you’ve picked is the 21st at MK, but that’s also the best night to see wishes and the evening parade…

23 Dave { 05.28.15 at 4:52 pm }

Jim, the frank answer is that there isn’t enough of a trend here for me to predict either way.

24 Emily { 07.17.15 at 10:14 pm }

My family and I will be at Magic Kingdom and Epcot on the 24th and 25th of November, respectively. It doesn’t look like there will be a Christmas party at Magic Kingdom that day, but is the park still going to be overall all holiday themed anyways? I would much rather buy souvenirs that aren’t Christmas themed, you know? Also are any rides going to be closed in November aside from what is posted here? On the disneyworld go website, I was looking at all the rides for Magic Kingdom and a good chunk of them said “no schedule available” on that day we are visiting while they had schedules for these rides on different days. Just didn’t know if that’s something that we should be worried about!

25 Dave { 07.18.15 at 3:47 pm }

Emily, yes the Christmas decorations will be everywhere, but there will be plenty of non-Christmas souvenirs to buy. It commonly takes DIsney a while to load the attraction times. Known refurbs are here–a few more might be added

26 Dana { 08.09.15 at 10:12 pm }

Hi Dave! Thanks for all the great info. My husband, bff, and I are visiting 11/7-11/14. I see it says the crowds are “low” for my week, but then there are days that certain parks should be avoided. Out of curiosity, if we went to an avoid park during a low crowd week, what do you think the average wait time would be for the major rides such as seven dwarfs mine train? Thanks!

27 Dave { 08.10.15 at 5:07 pm }

Dana, we only track (in our book, Chapter 6) wait times for recommended days–on a recommended day in a low crowd week peak waits at Seven Dwarfs Mine train are on the order of 70 minutes.

28 Jodi { 08.30.15 at 11:35 pm }

We are vacationing at the Contemporary from 10-31-15 thru 11-7-15 and yes we are from NJ. We have tickets to the Not So Scary Party at Magic Kingdom on the 31st. Can you please tell me which parks to visit on which days? We do have park hoppers. Thank you 😉

29 Dave { 08.31.15 at 7:43 am }

Jodi, how old are the kids??

30 Jodi { 08.31.15 at 1:34 pm }

31 Jodi { 08.31.15 at 1:35 pm }

Boy 10 years old
Girl 7 years old

32 Dave { 09.02.15 at 8:41 am }

OK Jodi, at those ages the kids will probably like all the parks, and with hoppers you can make almost anything work, particularly on days when you planned to take the afternoons off (as this avoids time otherwise wasted going park to park). A common strategy is to go to the morning EMH park first (arriving well before EMH starts) and then, as it fills, hop away to a seocnd park where you have pre-booked FastPass+.

That said, these are the parks to generally avoid those dates
11/1 Avoid HS and Epcot
11/2 avoid MK
11/3 avoid Epcot
11/4 avoid AK and MK
11/5 avoid Epcot
11/6 avoid AK and Epcot
11/7 avoid all but AK

33 Jodi { 09.02.15 at 9:48 am }

Thank you very much for your help Dave!! We are so excited to go?

34 Kimberly { 09.16.15 at 7:11 pm }

My family and I are going to Disney for our first family Disney experience November 13-18 (arriving nov 13 around 4pm) leaving early November 19 for home. My family consist of myself my husband & 2 boys ages 5 & 7. We are staying at Disney all stars sports resort we purchased the quick dining plan and 6day tickets with park hopper option . We are going to the very merry Christmas party on Tuesday November 17.
What days do you suggest for each park? Also we are able to start doing our fast pass for rides etc do you have any suggestions on scheduling rides and which rides at what times etc?

35 Dave { 09.17.15 at 1:29 pm }

Kimberly, the itineraries on this site are for older kids. You’ll find FastPass+ suggestions and touring plans in my book.

Those dates,

The 13th avoid AK and Epcot
The 14th avoid all parks except AK
The 15th avoid HS and Epcot
The 16th avoid MK
the 17th avoid Epcot
The 18th avoid AK and MK.

36 Kimberly { 09.17.15 at 2:13 pm }

Thanks just ordered the book

37 Rick { 09.24.15 at 11:16 pm }

Hey Dave,
Myself, wife and 2 daughters (ages 4 & 11) are going to WDW as a surprise vacation. As an added surprise for the girls, we’ll be joined by my mom (grandma) and sister. We’re also staying at the Saratoga in a 2 bedroom villa so we can all be in one spot. The only challenge is my mom uses an electric scoter, which from experience can be a challenge, but we’ll manage.
Now we’ll be at the parks from 11/14 thru 11/22 (travel days 14&22), based on your responses above I know which parks to avoid on 11/15-18. How about 11/19-21?
Tks, Rick
PS, when might your book be available on apple books?

38 Rick { 09.24.15 at 11:25 pm }

Hey Dave,
It’s Rick again and I forgot to ask were the best spot is to stay at the Saratoga. We have a 2 bedroom villa that is wheelchair accessible to make it easy for my mom. We plan to go to Downtown Disney several times during our stay but also plan to see all the parks and if weather permits the girls want to hit the pool. Any stops on this resort you recommend or mark to avoid?
Tks, Rick

39 Dave { 09.25.15 at 8:30 am }

Rick, the 19th avoid Epcot, the 20th avoid AK, the 21st avoid HS and MK.

My publisher, sorrowfully, has no plans to expand availability beyond Amazon…

40 Dave { 09.25.15 at 8:34 am }

Rick, that’s pretty tough. The Congress Park area is closest to Disney Springs (the new name for Downtown Disney) and it’s scooter-able from there. But many villas at Congress Park are a hike from the main services and pool. My full review of Saratoga Springs begins here.

41 Kristina { 10.04.15 at 9:25 pm }

My husband and I are going landing November 3rd (evening) and will be spending November 4th-7th at the parks, leaving November 8th morning. We bought a 3-day park hopper, because it is 5 adults (myself, my husband, my in-laws and brother-in-law) and our nearly 2-year-old daughter. She is the focus of the trip, but with so many adults, we are trying to find the right balance. We are not staying on-site and would really love some insight into this itinerary and when and how to use the fast pass. She naps midday for 2-3 hours, so we were thinking of doing early morning, heading back for lunch/nap, then going back in the evening for more and fireworks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

42 Kristina { 10.04.15 at 10:50 pm }

Sorry, I am trying to plan and I notice that above you noted:
11/4 avoid AK and MK
11/5 avoid Epcot
11/6 avoid AK and Epcot
11/7 avoid all but AK
However, looking at your FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary and swapping the 1st Sunday and Wednesday, it does not match your above suggestions, so I am wondering which one to lean towards… I am starting to feel anxious as I am not seeing any table services available for dining, etc.

This is my itinerary so far, please advise:
Animal Kingdom (AM)
Epcot (PM)-Illuminations
Magic Kingdom (AM)
Hollywood (PM)-Fantasmic
Magic Kingdom (all day)- Wishes

Is this overreaching? Should I do just one park 11/5 and do 1-day magic kingdom only? Should I switch Epcot and Hollywood? Again, any suggestions are welcome.

43 Dave { 10.05.15 at 7:54 am }

Kristina my 9-day itineraries always have some compromises, so rarely match a day to day look at best parks, especially within a shorter window. For your visit, use this:

On such a short visit, hopping from park to park costs extra, wastes time, and will leave you with many experiences unseen. Are you bringing young kids? If so skip Epcot, and if not skip one of AK and HS. The most popular dining routinely books well in advance, and you’ve picked moderately crowded dates anyway, so I’m not surprised you aren’t seeing much dining…

44 Val { 10.14.15 at 2:15 pm }

Less than 4 weeks out and Disney just announced that the Christmas parade will be taping ALL 3 of our main MK days! One day might be neat to see, but all 3?!? Rearranging our schedule isn’t likely at this point due to FP and dining reservations. How do taping days usually effect the crowds at MK? Will the entire park be extra crazy or just Main Street?

45 Dave { 10.14.15 at 5:07 pm }

Val, the main effect of the parade is to clot up main street. Alternate pathways will be established around it. The afternoon parade is likely to be delayed to, e.g. 5p. Parade tapings don’t much affect ride wait times, in themselves, although Nov 11, already a lousy MK day, will be even worse.

46 terri { 11.01.15 at 12:08 am }

Hi Dave
short visit Nov 12 we are going to the Christmas Party, but what about Nov13 and Nov 14. Two boys ages 10 and 7….I just saw they are taping the parade on Friday, is it wise to go to Epcot that day, and return to MK on Sat ? Only going to the party on Thurs night

47 Dave { 11.01.15 at 9:30 am }

Hey Terri, despite the parade taping, the 13th will be much better at MK than the 14th. The parade taping clots up Main Street but has little effect elsewhere, while the 14th is the only day in a stretch of 4 that MK is open late, so will see hordes at MK. The only great park the 14th is AK, with Epcot the next best choice.