2015 Weeks to Visit Walt Disney World, Ranked in Order
By Dave Shute
OVERVIEW: THE WEEKS OF 2015 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
This site recommends arriving at Walt Disney World one of the first three Saturdays after Thanksgiving.
If you can’t go then, presented below are the weeks of 2015 in order of best to worst. (For 2016 rankings, see this.)
The ranking is designed for first time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.
For visitors on a return trip, less concerned about ride closures, the later January and early February weeks would be ranked much higher–with the Marathon and Martin Luther King Day weeks being the worst of these.
(For 2014 rankings, see this.)
RECOMMENDED 2015 WEEKS, RANKED IN ORDER
The recommended weeks that follow are wonderful weeks to visit Walt Disney World in 2015.
Week number one has it all–lower crowds, low prices and wonderful Christmas programs and decorations. The first Saturday of this week overlaps with Thanksgiving crowds and prices, but the rest of it will be marvelous:
- 1: 11/28/15.
Weeks 2 and 3 have many, but not all, of the strengths of week 1:
- 2: 12/5/15. Largely a terrific week with low crowds, low prices and wonderful holiday programs. However, this is a week that, because of Pop Warner football demand for resort rooms, is rarely discounted beyond its already low prices. Those intending to stay at a value resort should consider avoiding this week and target week 1 instead, as Pop Warner may make the value resorts crowded and boisterous this week
- 3: 12/12/15. A week as good as week 1 on crowds and holiday programs. Much more expensive at the values and moderates, however, than weeks 1 or 2
Weeks 4 is a very strong week. It has low crowds and prices, and most of Disney World’s holiday program except at Epcot will be in place
- 4: 11/14/15
Weeks 5 and 6 share great late autumn weather and have low crowds. These are near-tied, but are in calendar order as the best weather is earlier
- 5: 10/17/15
- 6: 10/24/15
Week 7 has many of the positive features of week 4, but a price kick-up at the beginning for the end of Jersey Week
- 7: 11/7/15
Weeks 8 and 9 share great late spring weather, low crowds but moderate prices. The April week comes out a little ahead because of slightly better weather
- 8: 4/25/15
- 9: 5/2/15
Weeks 10 is your best 2015 Spring Break bet, with low crowds and moderate prices
- 10: 2/28/15
Week 11 is similar to week 8, with slightly higher crowds
- 11: 4/18/15
Week 12 is similar to week 9, but with more chance of the beginning of summer-like weather
- 12: 5/9/15
Week 13 is similar to week 10, but has higher crowds at the beginning of the week
- 13: 2/21/15
Week 14 is similar to week 11, but with slightly higher crowds, especially at the beginning of the week
- 14: 4/11/15
This completes the weeks in 2015 that are recommended.
WEEKS I’M NOT SO KEEN ON
Weeks 15-19 all have moderate crowd levels, with different prices and weather. I don’t particularly recommend moderate-crowd weeks for first time visitors, but would go myself such weeks with no hesitation.
They are in order of least to most crowded, and within crowd groups are sorted by price.
- 15: 10/31/15. “Jersey Week”—teacher meetings in New Jersey, leading to a massive temporary immigration of New Jersey families to Orlando. Crowds moderate-minus, prices low, almost never discounted
- 16: 5/16/15. Similar to week 12 but with higher crowds and more summer-like weather. Crowds moderate-minus. Prices moderate
- 17: 10/10/15. Columbus Day week with higher crowds and prices than the great weeks (ranked 5 and 6) that follow it
- 18: 8/8/15. Moderate-plus crowds as the summer season begins to fade away
- 19: 5/30/15. Beginning of summer–similar crowds to week 18, but higher prices in deluxes
Weeks 20-27 have one thing in common: they occur during but the peak of the hurricane season. Hurricanes are rare and even more rarely affect a Disney World vacation, but for first-timers who may never return, why not just avoid the risk? They are ranked in order of first crowd levels, and within the same crowd level prices.
Weeks 20 and 21 have among the lowest crowds and lowest prices of the year.
- 20: 9/19/15
- 21: 9/12/15
Week 22 has slightly higher crowds than weeks 20 and 21.
- 22: 9/5/15
Week 23 has higher crowds than 22, and week 24 slightly higher than 23.
- 23: 8/29/15
- 24: 8/22/15
Week 25 has similar crowds to 24, but higher prices at moderates and deluxes.
- 25: 9/26/15
Weeks 26 and 27 are the only moderate-crowd weeks in this hurricane group
- 26: 10/3/15
- 27: 8/15/15
2015 WEEKS TO AVOID AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
The first group, ranked 28-47, should be avoided because of crowds ranging from high to unbelievable.
This group includes all of later June, July and early August (massive crowds, higher prices). Prices go down in Deluxes starting in mid-July, and in the other resorts in mid-August.
It also includes the busy March Spring Break weeks beginning 3/7/2015, and the holiday weeks—President’s Day week, the weeks before and after Easter, Thanksgiving week, and the weeks around Christmas.
Click the table for exact rankings within these lousy weeks.
Many of these weeks have the lowest crowds and lowest prices of the year.
(But not all--click the table above.)
However, this is the peak time for ride closures at Walt Disney World, especially the January weeks.
If this may be your only family visit, why go when you know some of the best of Disney World will be closed?
If you must go during this period, avoid the first week of January (massive crowds), and the Martin Luther King (1/17/15 arrival date) Day holidays.
The Marathon Weekend (affecting arrival dates of 1/3 and 1/10/15) complicates and crowds the parks as well.
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this