Disney World 2015 Price Seasons

2015 RESORT PRICE SEASONS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

2015 Disney World Resort Price Seasons from yourfirstvisit.netThe material below shows resort price seasons at Walt Disney World at different times of the year in 2015.

(For projected 2016 prices, see this.)

Ticket prices don’t vary over the course of the year–although they typically have an annual increase during the year. See this for more on ticket prices.

Resort prices, however, are almost twice as high during some periods as they are at others.

2015 DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS

Disney World 2015 Resort Price Seasons from yourfirstvisit.net

Below are Walt Disney World 2015 resort price seasons by resort type. Value prices are based on Pop Century, moderates on Caribbean Beach, and deluxes on the Polynesian.

“X% Higher” means compared to the lowest prices of the year. Because these increases are different on some weekends vs. weekdays, increases are averaged across the recommended 8 night visit.

In addition to the below, Disney ups prices an additional $10-50 per night during certain weekends and holidays–particularly over the Marathon weekend, Martin Luther King Day weekend, Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend, and Columbus Day weekend.

Cars at Disney's Art of Animation Resort from yourfirstvisit.net2015 DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS: VALUE RESORTS

• Lowest of year–the value seasonbegins 1/4/15
  • 45% higher–the peak season–begins 2/12/15
  • 25% higher–the regular season-begins 2/22/15
  • 45% higher–the peak season–begins 3/6/15
  • 75% higher–the Easter season–begins 3/29/15
  • 25% higher–the regular season–begins 4/12/15
  • 45% higher–the summer season–begins 5/29/15
  • 5% higher–near lowest of year–the value season 2begins 8/16/15
  • 10% higher–the fall season, with low prices, begins 9/11/15
  • 50% higher over Thanksgiving begins 11/21/15
  • 10% higher–the fall season, with low prices, begins 11/28/15
  • 45% higher–the peak season–begins 12/11/15
  • 80% higher–the holiday season–begins 12/18/15

Disney World 2015 Value Resort Price Seasons from yourfirstvisit.net

Disney's Polynesian Resort from yourfirstvisit.net2015 DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS: DELUXE RESORTS

• Lowest of year–the value seasonbegins 1/4/15
  • 25% higher during Thanksgiving begins 11/24
  • 8% higher–the fall season, with low prices, begins 11/28/15
  • 16% higher–the regular season–begins 12/11/15
  • 33% higher–the peak season–begins 12/18/15
  • 55% higher–the holiday season–begins 12/25/15

Disney World 2015 Deluxe Resort Price Seasons from yourfirstvisit.net

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort from yourfirstvisit.net2015  DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS: MODERATE RESORTS

• Lowest of year–the value seasonbegins 1/4/15
  • 30% higher for Thanksgiving begins 11/21/15
  • 8% higher–The fall season, with low prices, begins 11/28/15
  • 30% higher–the peak season–begins 12/11/15
  • 50% higher–the holiday season–begins 12/18/15

Disney World 2015 Moderate Resort Price Seasons from yourfirstvisit.net

MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Jason { 11.14.13 at 1:48 pm }

any update on when you will have the rest of your initial 2015 information (crowd calendar, week rankings) published?

2 Dave { 11.15.13 at 7:25 am }

Jason, I’ve been doing a major rebuild on what I use to forecast March and April–the toughest times of the year–and becasue of the work involved in that have gotten behind. I hope to have both out this month…

3 Matt Silfies { 01.26.14 at 9:50 am }

When do they announce 2015 prices?

4 Dave { 01.27.14 at 7:55 am }

Matt, the last couple of years, they’ve come out in June.

5 Matt Silfies { 01.28.14 at 8:52 pm }

Ok, thank you!!

6 John Sweet { 03.27.14 at 11:27 am }

What are the discounts or deals usually offers around Jan 24 to Feb 1

7 Dave { 03.28.14 at 6:34 am }

John, in the past few years, such deals have come out in early October, and have ranged from 15% to 35% off–the lower numbers for less expensive rooms.

8 Andrea { 04.01.14 at 3:09 pm }

Hi,
We are hoping to go late oct 2015. Do you think we should book early or wait until nearer the time for the cheapest deal?

9 Dave { 04.02.14 at 8:21 am }

Andrea it doesn’t matter. If you book then a deal comes out, just try to get the deal…you aren’t disadvantaged in getting the deal by booking a non-deal package first.

10 Erica { 04.08.14 at 1:42 pm }

When do they offer a free dining plan for 2015?

11 Dave { 04.08.14 at 4:24 pm }

Erica, there’s no predicting. The only consistent dates the last decade have been parts of September.

12 Angela { 04.12.14 at 11:18 pm }

Hi Dave! What are the projected prices in early Jan for value resorts? When do you anticipate them to be released? If we book early and later there is a deal/discount rate offered, is it possible to get reimbursed/receive the deal?

13 Dave { 04.13.14 at 12:13 pm }

Hi Angela, 2015 prices will come out likely in June, and I’d guess will be 3-5% more than the equivalent this year. (For exact prices this year, see the links here: http://www.mousesavers.com/2014-disney-world-resort-room-rates-season-dates/ )

Everyone competes for a deal when one is announced. It doesn’t matter if you already have a reservation or not. You call, and try to get it…

14 Kristin { 04.14.14 at 12:32 pm }

Love your site, it is extremely helpful! I am planning an 8 night trip in April or May 2015. When would you suggest I book the room? I am anxious to start planning, I cant wait to be in DISNEY!I am a florida resident and will be getting an annual pass. Also, if I am reading correctly, you can book rooms, monitor for deals, and call Disney to get the deal applied, even if you already booked? Could you then change your reservation if needed (say the deal is for a different week, or different hotel)? Also, do they ever offer dining packages in April/May? Sorry one more question, being a FL resident, and since I am buying annual passes (through Military base at a slight discount), are there “package Deals” that could benefit me, or am I better off just booking rooms and buying tickets seperately.

15 Dave { 04.15.14 at 8:46 am }

Kristin, if I were in your shoes I would wait until there’s clarity on the possible FY15 version of this deal: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/07/28/disney-world-armed-forces-salute-for-fy14/ Later April and early May won’t be booked up for a while. 180 days before should be just fine.

For converting reservations to deals: the short answer is that you can call and try. It isn’t guaranteed…

16 Nadeem { 05.04.14 at 2:38 am }

I am a resident from Dubai – UAE, looking to travel with my Family in May 2015 to Disney World. 1stly I would like to ask is if booking directly through Disney website a better idea or through a travel agent in Dubai /USA (like dreams unlimted travel). Any benefits of doing it through a travel agent. 2ndly since May is relatively a low season do we have to make dining reservations and finally any options of Halal food in Disney resort area or do we have to step out of the resort for the same.

17 Dave { 05.05.14 at 6:55 am }

Hi Nadeem! First, May is low only compared to alternatives. It’s still busy, just not so busy as other times. So yes, you do have to make dining reservations. I’m sorry that I don’t know enough about Dubai travel agents to be able to comment. The general tradeoff with travel agents is control vs time–you save time by having them do tasks, whihc means you lose control. In the US their quality is all over the map… There’s lots of kosher options at WDW, which works for some seeking halal. You can also email Disney about halal options at the address you can find in the third entry (“Requesting a Special Meal”) here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

18 Laurie { 05.10.14 at 10:46 am }

Hi. Just came across your site while looking for 2015 rates. I’ve been to Disney twice and am planning a short stay in early February 2015 before my honeymoon cruise. My husband to be has wanted to stay at the Contemporary since he visited in 1980! As its our honeymoon we’re going to splurge and do just that. When would be the best time to book? It would be for 2 weekday nights in the first week of Feb 2015. Great site and great work! Thanks.

19 Dave { 05.11.14 at 4:27 pm }

Hi Laurie! Feb calendars are not yet out, but Tuesday and Wednesday will likely be your best bet. If you want to double check, get back to me in about two months, when the February calendars will be out…

20 Lorrie { 05.20.14 at 11:13 am }

We are planning on going to Disney Feb 8-14 to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday. We are planning on staying at the Poly. Are there typically any deals around that period? I am hoping to book as soon as the pricing is announced so we can begin to start doing our ADR at the 180 day mark.

21 Stephanie { 05.20.14 at 3:53 pm }

Hi we are looking to go to Disney April 2015. I really want to go Easter break but my husband has NO patience for crowds. Do you think the week of 4/11 will be a lot better, crowd wise??

22 Dave { 05.21.14 at 6:30 am }

Lorrie, first there likely will still be construction at the Poly pool then…its expected to go from the end of July through March 2015. Second, I expect there will be a room rate deal for part of then–through February 11 or 12. Presidents Day pricing typically begins the Thursday before, and is often not discounted.

23 Dave { 05.21.14 at 6:33 am }

Stephanie the week of the 11th will be MUCH better! See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/12/05/disney-world-crowds-in-2015/

24 laura { 05.22.14 at 9:25 pm }

When does D.W. take down Christmas decorations? If my family go es the second week in Jan. will they still be up?

25 Dave { 05.23.14 at 7:50 am }

Laura, in 2015 they start going down around Jan 3.

26 Kim Cook { 05.24.14 at 9:10 am }

We are looking at taking our daughter for her 5th birthday on Jan 25th. She isn’t to much into the rides as seeing all the princesses and stuff. Do you think this will be a problem? And when can we start booking for this time. I really wanna try and get reservations from the character meals for her birthday and fast passes to see Elsa and Anna and I know you can do that 180 days in advance.

27 Dave { 05.25.14 at 8:34 am }

Kim, yes, you will be fine then! You can book your room 500 days ahead, but it can be complicated. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/02/21/how-far-in-advance-can-you-book-a-walt-disney-world-vacation/

28 Jessica { 05.26.14 at 9:35 am }

We are planning a trip March 4-10 2015. I know its high crowd time, this is our 3rd trip and we have mostly little kids. Any idea on specials during that time? Staying at the Contemporary.

29 Dave { 05.27.14 at 6:38 am }

Jessica, my guess is that there will be a room rate deal at least part of your trip.

30 Jennifer Smith { 05.31.14 at 3:44 pm }

Hi! We are planning on going around 9/19/2015-9/26/2015. Do you think that Disney will offer the free dining plan for that time period like they do for this year? If so, when do they usually release that deal?

31 Dave { 06.01.14 at 9:31 am }

Jennifer, there’s no way to know on either front, but my bet would be yes, and around early May 2015.

32 peggy { 06.02.14 at 8:34 pm }

I am planning my 25 wedding anniversary for 2015 wanting to go April 10 do you think that’s a good time. I want to stay in a value resort.

33 Dave { 06.03.14 at 7:14 am }
34 Hannah { 06.03.14 at 12:16 pm }

What discounts would be offered the first week of March?

35 Dave { 06.03.14 at 12:58 pm }

Hannah, there likely will be room rate discounts then

36 Hannah { 06.03.14 at 2:37 pm }

Dave, thanks for your help. We have never been in March and I tried to research what was offered at the time throughout the past couple of years. There didn’t really seem to be a pattern. Also, when does booking become available? I have read in June but is it early, mid, or late June?

37 Dave { 06.04.14 at 8:39 am }
38 Melissa { 06.05.14 at 4:03 pm }

My husband and I want to start to plan our June 2105 with our 3 boys as soon as possible! But I am afraid to book too early in advance for fear that a summer vacation deal will come out after we book. We plan to stay on property and purchase the meal plan…the whole 9 yards! We also would like to hit the last Star Wars Weekend date! Do you know when, the earliest, I can book our vacation through Disney for 2015? And if we do book as soon as possible, do you think we would be reimbursed if a deal comes out for the time we will be there? And also another question… Do you think Disney will continue the Magic Band experience? I think that is really neat! Sorry so many questions! Thank You very much and your site is helpful!

39 Dave { 06.06.14 at 7:56 am }

Melissa, you can book up to 500 days ahead–see this http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/02/21/how-far-in-advance-can-you-book-a-walt-disney-world-vacation/

If a deal comes out, you won’t be “reimbursed”– if a deal comes out, you have to call and try to get it–see this for more details: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/how-oldtall-your-children-should-be/what-if-theyre-too-shortyoung/taking-your-too-shortyoung-kids-anyway/#comment-494838 And yes, the MagcBands will still be out then!!

40 Anonymous { 06.08.14 at 11:52 am }

We are making the trip in April 2015. When will we be able to book our entire vacation through the website?

41 Lindsay { 06.08.14 at 7:24 pm }

HI! Love your site! I am planning a trip for September 2015. If I book the trip next month and not get a dining plan, then when they release the free dining next May, can i add it to the package?

42 Dave { 06.10.14 at 8:18 am }

In recent years they’ve made this available in June…

43 Dave { 06.10.14 at 8:20 am }

Lindsay, if it’s released, you can call Disney and try to get it added. Your resort, dates etc have to be eligible, and you have to do it quickly enuf to grab one of the limited number of available rooms in the deal.

44 Meghan { 06.12.14 at 10:14 am }

Hi! This website has been extremely helpful so thank you very much. We are planning to do a small Memories package wedding and staying on resort from April 29 – May 9 (some family will be staying a shorter amount of time). If they do offer a the free dining deal for some or all of this time time period when would they announce it? Is it possible to upgrade the free dining package to the deluxe? Thank you again so much for all the information and the time you have dedicated to this.

45 Dave { 06.13.14 at 7:05 am }

Hi Meghan and thanks! It’s been years since there’s been free dining before August.

46 Soon to be retiree { 06.17.14 at 1:27 pm }

What a wonderful site! Thanks for all your hard work. I have visited Disney World a number of times but never at the Christmas Season. We are planning on going with another couple 12/1/15-12/11/15. Wondered what your thoughts were on hotels… considering the Grand Floridian, Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge.

47 Dave { 06.18.14 at 10:35 am }

Hi and thanks!! Reviews of them all are linked to from here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/04/26/walt-disney-world-resort-hotel-reviews/ You might want to shy away from the Poly because of expected construction there.

48 Robyn { 06.18.14 at 12:17 pm }

We are planning on going May 9-15, 2015. Do they normally offer any deals durning this time period?

49 Dave { 06.20.14 at 7:49 am }

Robyn, room rate deals are pretty common then.

50 Jennifer { 06.20.14 at 4:34 pm }

My family and some friends are planning a fall 2015 vacation and was wondering when the free dining schedule for 2015 will be posted or if they will even have free dining in 2015.

51 Dave { 06.21.14 at 3:53 pm }

Jennifer, free dining for the fall of 2015, if any, will be announced, most likely, sometime between early May 2015 and early August 2015, based on past patterns.

52 Wendy { 06.21.14 at 4:54 pm }

Dave: We “conversed” a few weeks ago about an October 2015 trip to WDW, staying at the Poly (since my husband has mobility issues). You mentioned to another poster (“Soon To Be Retiree”) contemplating a 12/15 trip they may want to shy away from the Poly due to construction. I was hoping the construction would pretty much be over by October 2015. Do you believe it will still be going on then?

53 Dave { 06.23.14 at 8:35 am }

Wendy, that’s a very polite way of saying DAVE READ MORE CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING. You are right–while construction is always uncertain, it should be well over by 12/15–I was reading the question as 12/14. I’ve emailed (and heard back from) “Soon to Be…” so all is well–and thanks!!!

54 Anonymous { 06.23.14 at 7:21 pm }

We are planning a trip for January 18 thru the 24th, 2015. Do they ever offer free dining in January? I have a Disney Visa, and was hoping maybe for a pin code. I know they have offered room discounts, but we will be staying in a value resort anyway, so a free dining package would be worth more in the long run.
Thanks,
Carmen

55 Meg { 06.23.14 at 10:07 pm }

Hi Dave – Looking to book a villa at hopefully BLT or WL sometime the last two weeks of February. I see on your site that the last week of February is considered Regular, while right after President’s Day is still Peak, but yet when I look at DVC rental points/dollar conversions it is more expensive at the end of February. Would you know why? Also, if I book through David’s or another broker, can you still get discounts later on if they are offered? Thanks!

56 Dave { 06.24.14 at 4:09 pm }

There’s been no free dining before August for several years now, and I don’t expect to see such in 2105, either…the earlier offers were relate dot the recession…

57 Dave { 06.24.14 at 4:11 pm }

Meg, the DVC point seasons have always been different than the cash seasons, because–I suppose–of different visitation patterns by DVC owners. If you rent using points, you cannot take advantage of any discounts, which apply only to rooms paid for without points.

58 Courtney { 07.06.14 at 11:11 am }

We are planning a trip march 21-28 2015 for my birthday and my daughters. Do they ever release any deals that time of year?

59 Jenni { 07.06.14 at 5:24 pm }

Hi! We are planning our trip for January 3-10, 2015. Do you think there will be any special offers (free meal plan, room rates, etc.)?

60 Dave { 07.07.14 at 8:45 am }

Courtney, that’s a tough time to predict. It’s very crowded that week, then and Disney tends to do less discounting on crowded dates. But there’s a chance–probably a good chance–of a room rate dela then

61 Dave { 07.07.14 at 9:03 am }

Hi Jenni! It’s been a couple of years since there’s been free dining before August, but you likely will see a room rate deal for then!

62 Joe { 07.11.14 at 4:40 pm }

My wife and I want to go down in 2015 for F&G in the spring. We are traveling alone so pretty flexible on dates. We were originally planning to go in March 2015 based on historical prices and crowd levels but looking at your info, it almost look like April 2015 would be a better idea. Your thoughts and what promos do you think would be different from March to April (room discounts V Free Dining)?

63 Dave { 07.12.14 at 8:34 am }

Joe, crowd levels and prices historically in March are terrible except for the first full week. You’ll see some variation for very late easter (e..g easter April 20 or later) but that does not apply in 2015. In 2015, later April is a much better choice. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/12/08/2015-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

There’s been no free dining before August for several years, and won’t be in 2015 unless either we go back into recession or Harry Potter crushes WDW. Room rate discounts are likely in early March and later April. Base prices will be lower in later April.

64 Sean { 07.14.14 at 5:29 pm }

I plan on staying at a Disney resort Feb 1 to feb 7, 2015. Is it best to book as soon as the package rates come out, or should I wait incase a deal on a percentage off of a room comes out? Thanks!

65 Dave { 07.15.14 at 7:43 am }

Sean, it doesn’t matter. Booking a room now neither helps nor hurts your chnaces of getting a deal if one comes out.

66 Melissa { 07.15.14 at 2:48 pm }

I am just wondering if you have heard when 2015 rates will be released?

67 Dave { 07.15.14 at 6:23 pm }

Melissa, I keep hearing any day now…

68 Megan { 07.16.14 at 12:00 am }

Hi! My family of 4, including 2 toddlers, is visiting BLT on January 18-24, 2015. Trying to be proactive, I already booked our flights to ensure we would get the reward miles and fly for free. Now, I see that these dates encompass Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend. One cast member said some dates will probably be blocked out from the seasonal special. Another member said historically, the room only winter special does not have MLK blockout dates. What do you think? I was prepared to try and rearrange the whole trip bc the roughly 30% off for room only reservations adds up to a lot. Do you think some dates will be blocked out? If so, how many? TU!!!!

69 Dave { 07.16.14 at 6:35 am }

Megan, my guess is that if a deal comes out for then, it will include MLK weekend. The 2014 deal for this period included the weekend. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/10/08/two-deals-for-disney-world-in-2014-released-today/

70 Megan { 07.16.14 at 9:52 am }

Thank you so much!!! I have been looking everywhere for those details! My next question. Why such a small discount for BLT? It’s so expensive, that 5% off would barely make a dent. :) I’m hoping for something more like 30% like some other villa options. What do you think?

71 Dave { 07.17.14 at 7:31 am }

Megan, they don’t discount hotels that they find easy to sell at or near regular prices.

72 Josh { 07.17.14 at 12:34 pm }

I am looking to book a vacation the week of thanksgiving 2015. But when I go online they only offer 2014 calendars! What is the best way to book it and pay monthly for this week?

73 Megan Crosby { 07.17.14 at 11:20 pm }

I see. Thank you. I noticed that you ranked the MLK crowd rating at a 3. We have a 1 and 2 year old. My husband also hates crowds. Do you think we should be worried about this? What magic kingdom wait times on average do you see at that time? We get there Sunday, the 18th and stay until Saturday the 24th. Does it get less crowded as the week goes on? TU?

74 Dave { 07.18.14 at 7:13 am }

Josh, online bookings for 2015 are expected to be released on July 30.

75 Dave { 07.18.14 at 7:26 am }

Megan yes, crowds will drop precipitously after MLK day. For the weekend and Monday, crowd rankings are 7+, but after they will be 1. We have a table of wait times in our book: The easy Guide to Your First Walt Disney World Visit

76 Amber { 07.18.14 at 8:55 pm }

Planning a trip for summer 2015. We have stayed at the moderate resorts before. We are trying to decide between the Polynesian and the Wilderness lodge??? We have two children ages 11 and 7.

77 Dave { 07.20.14 at 8:23 am }

Hi Amber! See the review of each linked to from here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/04/26/walt-disney-world-resort-hotel-reviews/

78 Melissa Brown { 07.20.14 at 12:42 pm }

Okay, I’ll see what you think. My husband is a teacher, and so our vacation options are limited to peak times. Is spring break much worse than any given time in the summer? In summer, we can travel late June through the end of July. I hate the heat in Florida at that time, but I’ve never been at spring break. The charts seem like the crowds are comparable, and if they were, I’d do spring break. Also, are resort prices about the same?

79 Dave { 07.21.14 at 8:39 am }

Melissa, actual prices will come out July 30, but based on past patterns most of spring break will be much more expensive than summer, except at the values, where they will be a bit more expensive. See this for my current forecasts–tho they will chnage when the real numbers come out: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/10/13/projected-disney-world-2015-price-seasons/

Spring break crowds vary by week, depending on how many kids schools are out when, whihc is more varied than you’d think… The week before easter is worse than summer. I’ll have updated crowd calendars for 2015 in a couple of weeks…

80 Beth { 07.26.14 at 9:14 pm }

Dave, you told Kim Cook she can book a room 5000 days in advance. When I called to book a room in advance, the Cast Member told me I could book a room up to 499 days in advance. Was this Cast Member wrong? Thanks, Dave. Beth

81 Dave { 07.27.14 at 9:06 am }

Beth that was a typo, should have been “500” not “5000.” I’ve fixed it!

82 Luke { 07.28.14 at 10:54 am }

Hi Dave, Thanks for the usefull information. I would like to go to Disney in July 2015 with a couple of friends. We would like to stay in a moderate resort. Do you have any idea when there will be some discount rates for this type hotels for my periode and what this deals will include? Thanks in advance

83 Dave { 07.29.14 at 8:26 am }

Luke, room rate discounts of on the order of 20% are common at the moderates in July.

84 Luke { 07.29.14 at 4:10 pm }

Hi Dave, thanks for the quick response. That cleares up a bit for me. I just have one question left. What is in your opinion the best moment when you look to money and options to book our stay?

85 Dave { 07.30.14 at 6:58 am }

Luke, I don’t think I understand your question…

86 leath { 07.30.14 at 3:30 pm }

any possibility that the value season starting in august 16, 2015 for value resorts could be changed to the first week in august ? thats where it started in 2013 and 2014.

87 Shari { 07.30.14 at 5:23 pm }

Hi, Dave,
When will the special offers for January 2015 be released?
Thx
Shari

88 Steve { 07.30.14 at 9:46 pm }

Your site is amazing and I am about to buy your kindle!
I have 3 kids ages 5, 7 and 9 yrs.
At MK I have FP+for first day: Big Thunder Mtn, Splash Mtn, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
2nd day: Enchanted Tales with Belle, Space Mountain and another Splash Mountain
3rd Day: Pirates of Carrib, Jungle Cruise, Meet Anna and Elsa

We are also coming to the MNSSHP another night so will get some more rides done that night. My question is should I be FP+ a second ride on the Mine Train rather than Splash Mtn?
The way I have worked it in our itinerary is that by getting there early and racing to a ride quickly we will get the chance to do Peter Pan x2, Space Mtn x2, Splash Mtn x2 but only Mine Train x1 as don’t fancy standing in line to do it again (unless waits will be less during MNSSHP or maybe its only worth doing once anyway?)

Also, another random question we will be visiting Yacht and Beach Resort for the Beaches and Cream Icecream parlour. After that we need to be at HS. Are we able to walk along the boardwalk to HS as thought that might be interesting and about how long will it take us to walk it?

And, I have a RocknRoller Coaster FP+ from 6 – 7pm and we have dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe from 5.25pm. Allowing 1 1/2 hours for dinner that gets us to 6.55pm. I know there is a window you have said of 15 minutes after the end time for FP+ but with the park closing at 7pm will they allow us to be 15 minutes late. Do you think we will make this FP+ with our dinner?

Are the lockers at entrance to theme parks big enough to store change of clothes for dinner…etc in there for all 5 of us?

Many thanks!!!
Steve

89 Carrie { 07.30.14 at 11:22 pm }

I am considering booking a first trip to Disney on the week of 11-8 or 11-29-14 based on the best 2014 weeks you describe and our availability. It is way too late for us to be able to get reservations at good places. We could wait until 2015 but could potentially lose a great hotel stay deal that we were able to get if we travel within the next 7 months. Also– how important is it to get the fast pass on these low crowd dates? I appreciate your advice/site and hope I can be a fast learner to make it a great trip for our 5 and 6 year old girls.
Thanks,
Carrie

90 Dave { 07.31.14 at 1:29 pm }

Leath, the value season just a few years ago started in mid-August, then they switched to early August. So my gut tells me this is intentional, not an error, and won’t change…

91 Dave { 07.31.14 at 1:32 pm }

Shari, the equivalent deals for January 2014 were released in early October.

92 Dave { 07.31.14 at 1:44 pm }

Steve, thanks, and what a great itinerary you’ve put together!

While tastes will differ, I think for most, 2x on Splash and once on the Mine Train is just fine.

The way to play your dinner/Rock n Roller is to arrive at Prime Time early so you get the first available table and to also explain your situation to your server. You need to be at RnR by 6.59p for the park close issue you note, so since it’s across the park you want to be moving at full speed by 6.45p outta the restaurant.

The path to HS starts on the BoardWalk but quickly turns into being along an uninteresting canal instead. It’s about a 20 minute walk, which is more than most–who have already walked a ton at WDW–want. There are boats from the BoardWalk area that take you to HS, so that’s how I’d do it–see the BoardWalk, then take the boat to HS.

Whether one locker fits a change of clothes will depend on the weather (shorts vs long pants) and if you are including spare shoes–you might need two!

93 Dave { 07.31.14 at 1:51 pm }

Carrie, that’s a tough one, and profoundly influenced by whether you’ll be able to return for a second visit within the next two or three years. If not, wait. If so, go ahead. And low crowds at WDW is only compared to other times of the year–waits can still be maddeningly high at the most popular rides even on low crowd days. So yes, you will want to jump on your FP+ as soon as the 60 day window opens.

94 Steve { 07.31.14 at 8:18 pm }

Thanks for your reply, such great advice from the expert!
Whats the earliest we can check in for dinner do you think?
I also have a slight dilemma that my five year old is 46 inches so have booked him on Rock n Roller coaster in case he grows 2 inches in the next 7 weeks but not sure how possible that would be given he is already tall for his age! Am I best to FP+ another ride for him now to do Toy Story Mania with his cousins at the same time (just that if he is tall enough for Rock n Roller Coaster when we get there he would love it as is a real thrill seeker and would be gutted if he couldn’t get on as no FP+.) If I wait till we get there to check his height is there any chance of moving him to the Toy Story Mania ride then or will it be all sold out from FP+ at the time we would want?

Mmm the lockers – will likely have costumes in there too for the kids for dinner. Do you pay per locker?
Thanks Dave, buying your kindle today.
Steve

95 Dave { 08.01.14 at 7:40 am }

Steve, try showing up 30 mins early for dinner, explain to the check-in staff your situation. Yes you do pay per locker. They are–for WDW–not too expensive, $8 to $10/day plus a key deposit. See this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/ And yes, TSM will likely be sold out…

96 Al { 08.03.14 at 12:24 am }

Hi–have you yet heard of pin codes being released for 2015? Also, can the electric light pageant be seen from Magic Kingdom-view rooms at the Contemporary? Lastly, dinner at San Angel Inn or Morroco?

97 Patty { 08.03.14 at 1:39 am }

When are the Florida resident room discounts usually released? I’ve booked for late Jan./early Feb. 2015 and was told to call back and ask for the discount to be applied after it was released. I’ve been checking weekly but would like to have some idea when FL resident room discounts are usually released. Thanks!

98 Dave { 08.03.14 at 1:17 pm }

Al–on pin codes nope, but I’m on a bit of a break, so it may have happened without me noticing. You may be able see bits of the MK or GF pageant from the MK side, but the Contemporary showing is on the Bay Lake side. Morocco is fun for those liking belly dancers, but San Angel Inn typically appeals to a wider range of palates.

99 Dave { 08.03.14 at 1:17 pm }

Hi Patty, sorry but I don’t track them…

100 Lisa { 08.09.14 at 7:32 pm }

We are thinking about taking a trip to Disney world in September 2015, with that trip we are thinking of renewing our vows. If they offer free dinning can we take advantage of it as well?

101 Dave { 08.10.14 at 10:03 am }

Yup!!!

102 Anthony { 08.20.14 at 7:05 am }

Hey Dave,
I’ve been reading your replys and i hope you could help me out. We are planning a trip for next year (2015) for 16 people (9adults..7children) and i was wondering when would be better dates July12_-18..or the beginning of August? Also will any of those dates have free dinning included?..Thanks in advance

103 Dave { 08.21.14 at 8:54 am }

Anthony, first I doubt either will have free dining. Second, both your date options are lousy, but the brginning of August will be a little less crowded tan mid-July–see this http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/12/08/2015-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

104 Raven { 08.21.14 at 12:39 pm }

Hey, Dave!

What are the chances of an Art of Animation room discount for January 25-31st? And when would it likely be released?

105 Dave { 08.22.14 at 11:34 am }

Yo Raven! There’s a great chance of a deal on suites there then, but unlikely in the standard 4 person Little Mermaid rooms. It could come out in early October, based on recent patterns

106 Kristie { 08.25.14 at 11:28 am }

Hey Dave! During what time of the year is the park the least populated?

107 Dave { 08.26.14 at 6:53 am }
108 joshua { 08.31.14 at 8:07 pm }

Well, I want to take my family to WDW summer of 2015 b4 I head off to college, is august a good month compared to June or July? And although its very expensive, is staying on site a better deal then off? I know some hotels drop price during august.

109 Dave { 09.03.14 at 7:53 am }

Hey Joshua late August has low crowds and low prices. And yes, I highly recommend staying on site if you can at all afford it

110 John { 09.03.14 at 8:50 pm }

Great site, wish I would have found this the last time we went to WDW.

We are looking to go to WDW the last week of January 2015. At this point would it be better to wait until October to see if there are deals?

Thanks,
John

111 Dave { 09.04.14 at 12:46 pm }

Hi John, and thanks!! It doesn’t matter. Having a booking already will neither help nor hurt if a deal comes out…

112 Maria { 09.07.14 at 4:21 am }

I am planning our 1st ever family trip, we are a large group traveling and I am so overwhelmed with all of the options and decisions… I was hoping that with your expertise you could help direct me. We are planning our trip for 2015 late November or late December during “low season” below are the ages and how we will be grouped for rooms. One of my main concerns is selecting the best hotel/resort that gives us the most for our money. Since it is everyonestill first time not only at Disney but vacationing all together, we do want to stay at the park and are willing to splurge just enough to have the best time. I keep seeing meal plans and am also very confused as to where you can dine at if it’s at the park or at special restaurants and if they all have to be reserved seating. Also we are planning for 4 nights 5 days I have been told by some that it’s not enough time and by others that it’s perfect time. My apologies for all the information. I truly want to make this trip memorable for everyone. 1 Standard Room
Age 60

Age 35
Age 69
Age 12
Age 9
Age 8

113 Dave { 09.08.14 at 7:30 am }

Maria, it’s hard to comment on hotels without knowing your budget. You have two basic avenues: a combination of DVC two bedroom villas and studios, or at much lower prices a combination of value resort Family Suites and standard rooms.

For your other topics, see the home page http://yourfirstvisit.net/ But briefly–to see all the best of WDW you need 6 full days in the parks–plus some time off. The dining plan(s) are not necessary and won’t save you money. Any “table service” restaurant needs to be reserved, and the most popular among them fill up as early as six months in advance.

114 Lisa { 09.10.14 at 9:26 am }

Hi Dave, When do you think Disney will announce discounts for April? We are going April 12. Thanks so much

115 Dave { 09.10.14 at 12:45 pm }

Lisa it could be as early as October or as late as January…

116 Terry { 09.10.14 at 7:13 pm }

What time is it best to go to the Parks. In late July 2015 or late August 2015. We will be flying in from Los Angeles and need to take a child out of his summer commitment (for a day or two)

117 Dave { 09.11.14 at 7:28 am }

Terry, I’m not keen on either period, but late August will have much lower crowds than late July. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/12/08/2015-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

118 Sara { 09.14.14 at 5:05 pm }

Hi Dave! My family and I have planned a trip to Disney the end of January 2015. We booked reservations at Tony’s Town Square restaurant at 1:45 in hopes that we can watch the festival of fantasy parade (which starts at 3:00) while sitting down at one of their out door patio tables while eating lunch. Do you think it’s worth the time and effort to try and get reservations at that particular restaurant in hopes that we will even be seated outdoors to see the parade? Also, do you know if the parade goes directly by Tony’s town square restaurant or do they turn before they get to the restaurant. Thanks so much!!

119 Heather { 09.17.14 at 10:42 pm }

I just realized that the “Value” season starts the day after we’d planned to arrive (Jan 4. We were coming in on Jan 3). If that’s the case, would I just pay a higher rate for the one day or do I pay a higher rate for the whole trip? Is it worth changing my trip by a day to get there in start of the Value season? I was trying to maximize the days away that my kids wouldn’t have to miss school.

120 Lorrie { 09.24.14 at 12:15 pm }

We are going to Disney in mid October 2015, staying at either the Polynesian or Contemporary. Do you think there will be any discounts around that time?

121 Dave { 09.25.14 at 6:31 am }

Lorrie there’s a great chance you’ll have room only discounts available then.

122 Rhonda Wilson { 10.13.14 at 6:02 pm }

My family and I are looking at going to Disney at the end of January 2015. Do you think the stay,play and dine offer is the best we are going to get? Or is there a possibility of free dining being offered during that time?

123 Dave { 10.13.14 at 7:04 pm }

Rhonda, it’s been several years since we saw free dining before late summer, so I think either the room rate deal or PSD is your best bet. See also this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/10/12/disney-worlds-stay-play-dine-and-save-discount/

124 Rhonda Wilson { 10.13.14 at 7:55 pm }

Thank you so much, we are looking at checking in either 1/23/15 or 1/31/15 which are both Friday’s. We will check out the following Saturday. Any suggestions regarding crowds, hours, etc as to which week would be the better choice?

125 Dave { 10.14.14 at 9:04 am }

Rhonda, I would pick the later dates, as the refurbs at Splash Mountain and Kali River will end and they will re-open–Splash 1/31 and Kali 2/3

126 Rhonda Wilson { 10.14.14 at 12:38 pm }

Thank you so much for your time and research!

127 George K { 10.30.14 at 4:59 pm }

Hi,
We are looking at a trip the week after Easter week (starting the 11th or 12th.) Are there going to be deals coming out for that time period? If so, when would be a good time to look for them.
Thank you so much for all your work.
George

128 Dave { 10.31.14 at 1:56 pm }

Hey George, my forecast is yes, and they’ll come out around New Years.

129 Tabitha { 11.03.14 at 12:35 pm }

First Timers:
My husband and I (we’re in mid 30s) were thinking of going to Disney Animal Kingdom and another Disney park between Dec and Feb. My son’s 3rd birthday is in January. What parks and rides are great for a 3 year old? I know we’d love the Christmas decorations so leaning towards sooner than later. We will stay at an outside hotel and have a reimbursement check for $100 for theme park tickets. I want the best deal on food without aweful weather or no kid rids open, plus all animals out and about. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

130 Dave { 11.04.14 at 8:37 am }

Tabitha, I don’t really have much to say about 3 year olds. Take a look at this, but it’s aimed at older kids: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/03/09/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-rides-and-attractions/ You’ll note little at Epcot, and a lot at the Magic Kingdom. A kid that age could spend the whole trip at the Magic Kingdom. There will be no particular deals on food your dates. The best time to go is the beginning of December. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/05/26/december-2014-at-walt-disney-world/

131 Brad { 11.05.14 at 2:41 pm }

Hi Dave. Great site! My family is planning our third trip in late August 2015. I’d like to try a split stay of 4 nights at AoA and 6 nights at Wilderness Lodge. Knowing that the best way to request specific rooms is to fax a request exactly 5 days in advance of check-in, what are the chances of me getting an upgrade (should one be available) at WL if I booked a standard room, faxed the standard room request 5 days in advance, then checking in on the day we leave AoA and arrive at WL? Of course, I’m hoping to be upgraded to a Courtyard View if possible. But if I am so specific in my room request, will Disney just put me in my requested room in advance, or will there be an opportunity to request an upgrade upon check-in?

132 Dave { 11.06.14 at 10:41 am }

Hi Brad, and thanks!! I can’t quote you odds, sorry. And not sure where the “fax five days ahead” is coming from–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/03/25/getting-your-disney-world-room-request/

133 Ken { 11.07.14 at 4:57 pm }

Dave, I am planning our first ever Disney trip in Feb. 2015. There will be 2 sets of GrandParents, 3 married children (6 adults) and 6 grand kids. We are going to do 3 days 2 nights Feb 16 – 18. We have talked about staying at the Allstar resort. Would it make more sense to look for 2 bedroom suites? We are all related so we don’t mind sharing rooms…if we have a little space.

If you could point me in the right direction to get the most for my money I would appreciate it.

Your site looks great and you are obviously helping a lot of people…THANK YOU

134 Dave { 11.08.14 at 3:09 pm }

Ken, there are no low priced two bedroom suites. You can find “family suites” that sleep 6.” See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/06/10/review-the-family-suites-at-disneys-art-of-animation-resort/

A lot of people in your shoes end up renting large off-site houses. You miss magic and lose the ability to book FP+ 60 days ahead, but will save a ton of money…

135 Tony C { 11.20.14 at 5:09 pm }

Dave, I’m curious where you get the data for rates at all the resorts? I dont see anything online with rates directly from Disney? I think what you have is pretty accurate but I dont see any of this data online directly from Disney. I appreciate all of your finding s. They are paramount in planningbeach trip. Thx

136 Dave { 11.22.14 at 7:07 am }

Hey Tony–the easiest way to find this is from the links on this page at MouseSavers: http://www.mousesavers.com/2015-disney-world-resort-room-rates-season-dates/

When I built this page, that stuff was not up. So how I did it (and still do if I want to double check–the folk at Mousesavers are human, too!!) was to go partially go through the room booking process, click on a resort/room offer, click on the little link “rate details,” and in the window that opens click on “view seasonal pricing.” That gets you to a window like in the image, and you can use the arrows to move to future dates.

Disney Resort Rates