2012 Weeks to Visit Walt Disney World, Ranked in Order
By Dave Shute
Hey–are you looking for
If so…click the links!
OVERVIEW: 2012 WEEKS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
This site recommends arriving at Walt Disney World one of the first three Saturdays after Thanksgiving.
If you can’t go then, presented below are the weeks of 2012 in order of best to worst.
There are two pages of 2012 Disney World week rankings. The page you are on has recommended weeks. The second page has the rest of the weeks of the year.
(For a more personalized approach, see the 2012 Week Picker.)
The ranking is designed for first time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.
For visitors on a return trip, less concerned about ride closures, the January and early February weeks would be ranked much higher–with the Marathon and Martin Luther King Day weeks being the worst of these.
(For 2013 recommendations, see this.)
RECOMMENDED 2012 WEEKS, RANKED IN ORDER
The recommended weeks that follow are wonderful weeks to visit Walt Disney World in 2012.
- 1: 12/8/12. Lowest crowds and prices of these three weeks.
- 2: 11/24/12. Tail end of Thanksgiving week makes the first Saturday and Sunday of this week more crowded than week #1. The rest of this week is terrific. A great week to visit. Could easily be ranked #1.
- 3: 12/1/12. A great week, but a little more crowded than the other two, and a week that because of Pop Warner football demand for resort rooms is rarely discounted beyond its already low prices. Those intending to stay at Pop Century or other values should consider avoiding this week, as Pop Warner may make the value resorts crowded and boisterous this week
The next four share great weather, low crowds, and low to moderate prices. The first three are nearly identical, and are sorted on the basis of weather. The last has slightly higher prices at some resorts than the first three.
- 4: 10/13/12. Peak of hurricane season just over; perfect otherwise. Low crowds and low prices.
- 5: 10/20/12. A wonderful week. Great weather, low crowds and low prices.
- 6: 10/27/12. Weather starts to become cooler and more variable.
- 7: 11/10/12. Weather cooler and more variable than weeks 4-6. Slightly higher prices at some resorts than 4-6.
- 8: 4/21/12
- 9: 4/28/12
- 10: 5/5/12
- 11: 2/25/12.
Week 12 is similar to weeks 8-10, but with slightly higher crowds and a little more risk of hitting the beginning of the rainy season.
- 12: 5/12/12.
Week 13 is the second-best Spring Break week, more crowded and expensive—especially later in the week—than week 11.
- 13: 3/3/12.
Week 14 is similar to week 5, except a little more expensive and crowded at the very beginning of the week—the rest of this week is as good as week 5.
- 14: 4/14/12.
This completes the weeks in 2012 that are recommended.
THE REST OF THE WEEKS OF 2012 ARE ON THE NEXT PAGE
Rankings for the remainder of the weeks of 2012, which are not recommended, can be found by clicking here.
For a calendar view of the entire year, click the image.
(After you click it, the image will open.
When it opens, click it again to enlarge it.)
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the next best dates, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this