30 responses

1. SYBILA Simoes
    September 5, 2019

Good Morning ! I AM from Brasil .
    Can you pass me the February 2020 crowd calendar? We will go from 02/24/2020 to 02/29/2020!
    Thanks

2. Cindy
    September 2, 2019

Hi, Dave. We are looking at January 4-8, 2020 (arriving Jan 3 & leaving Jan 9). Would you expect lower crowds due to most kids being back in school? We like to go to Magic Kingdom twice. Is there a day during that time that you would not recommend?

September 3, 2019

Hi Cindy, tons of kids don’t go back to school until January 6 (see this), so you can expect very heavy crowds Jan 4 and pretty heavy crowds Jan 5. Things should be OK Jan 6-8.
      I would avoid MK the 4th and the 8th; it will be best on the 7th, OK the 6th, iffy the 5th.

3. Ellie
    July 3, 2019

My family and I are planning (NOT our first trip) the end of January and we are coming up on our ADR day. I am finding it frustrating that we don’t have park hours and we don’t have EMH schedules to better plan our park days before deciding on ADR.
    Should we assume for now that EMH would follow the same pattern as it has in the past?
    Trying to plan for Galaxy’s Edge is giving me anxiety.
    This will be the first trip for us where we have to buy tickets, make use of FP+, and while I studied up for our last trip, things didn’t go very well. We went in October for fall break and it was hot, it was crowded, and we didn’t really have plans in place. I want this trip to be better.

July 5, 2019

Hey Ellie, this site has been pretty reliable on EMH a month or so befroe Disney’s official releases. That said, all is up in the air from Galaxy’s Edge

4. Charissa
    June 24, 2019

Hi! I am looking to plan a trip for my family, I’m thinking in April or May of 2020 (looks like this will be a good time crowd and weather wise!). We have been once previously, in November 2016, and were fortunate to be able to stay at a family members Disney Vacation Club hotel. This time around I need to book the stay myself – do you have any recommendations for where to start? We don’t have a huge budget, so I’m looking for a nice place but nothing TOO crazy expensive. And I’m thinking we’d want to stay on-resort, to take advantage of the fast passes etc that come with staying on resort? Thank you in advance for any help/advice!!!!

June 24, 2019

Hi Charissa, start here.

5. Carol
    June 19, 2019

Thank you very much!

6. Carol
    June 19, 2019

Hello! I am looking at late-February or early-March. I had originally planned for 2/19-2/27, with our daughter and son-in-law joining us from 2/22-2/27. Looking at the Disney events and calendar and the overall holiday calendar, I am a little worried that will be hitting President’s Day and Princess Half-Marathon crowds. I’m wondering if I would be better bumping us forward week, with a trip from 2/26-3/5 and having them join us from 2/29-3/5. Any specific thoughts on this, particularly since they are looking at a shorter trip?

June 19, 2019

Carol. the marathon has little effect, but the impact of President’s Day is substantial, as many northeastern districts have that entire week off. You should arrive 2/22 or later. Spring break crowds then kick in beginning 3/7//2019, so you should end before then.

7. Lara
    June 12, 2019

Hi Dave, Have just found out that club level rooms are not available at the Beach Club and Yacht Club for our dates at the end of July 2020! Crazy stuff! So unfortunately we will have to rule out that idea now! Our options now are staying 5 nights Beach Club hotel standard room or 5 nights Caribbean Beach hotel. Do you think 5 nights is enough though of a booking window to get FPs or do we need 7 nights? And while Carribean Beach is a lot cheaper than the Beach Club I am thinking if we want to see Galaxy Edge during EMH we would be best to stay at Beach Club right as can walk? Thank you!!

June 12, 2019

Lara, well that simplifies things. First, the big variable with CB will be what time the Skyliner starts. We should know that by September, maybe earlier. Uber/Lyft would be your back-up plan. Second, on the booking window…assuming Galaxy’s Edge is on the FP system by then, the longer the better.

8. Lara
    June 11, 2019

Hey Dave, Thats great thanks for that. So I am taking from that then for 3 nights you would get 4 days of FPs is that right? So we could do 3 nights Beach Club “Club level” room then move to a budget (non Disney) hotel after that if we want to stay longer (as would have got through 4 days of WDW with all the top FP+ rides) and any extra days we have, we would use at a waterpark and doing Universal.

Other option though is to book 5 or 6 nights Beach Club standard room for probably similar price and risk getting the FP+s we want. What are your thoughts on “minimum” number of nights we should stay to get FP+s to the top attractions when the booking window opens at the 60 day mark? Thanks heaps!

9. Lara Gordon
    June 6, 2019

Actually Dave can you please ask the question on that forum as I have just looked and might take me a while to figure out how to do it!!

June 11, 2019

Lara, the answer is yes, you first (and last) days are eligible..

10. Lara Gordon
    June 6, 2019

Thanks so much Dave that is all really great advice! I will get Kelly B to look at prices then for us for Club room and yes a double booking into a cheaper alternative too (didn’t realise you could do that which is great). Cool happy to ask that question on that forum to save you some time. I guess it will be a big splurge for 3 nights but if it guarantees us to see specifically Galaxy Edge then probably worth it! We would then move somewhere cheaper to do Universal. Although to do the new Universal Harry Potter ride we might need to stay at a Universal hotel which we did in 2014 and 2016 to get in with the early hours – is that still the case?

And if the price for club level comes back at just too much $ to spend, any suggestions/thoughts on the “minimum” number of nights we should look at staying at the Beach Club standard room to get a FP+ to the top attractions? Just thinking that 7 nights in a standard room at Beach club without paying the extra $150pp a day might work out cheaper than 3 nights of a club room there paying the extra $150 pp!

11. Lara Gordon
    June 6, 2019

Wow! Thanks so much Dave I had no idea that this was now available. A bit similar to Disneyland FP Max that I had read about although a lot more money!! I had a look at Club Level at Beach Club and not sure it takes five in a room like the standard room does though? If it does then it could be an option you are right but at $150 per person for the five of us and then the extra per room each night it would have to be worth it for those VIP FP. Do you know if we stay the minimum three nights does the extra FP+s start on the day that you check in or not? Gosh its a bit scary though if you can pay for these VIP FP+s they will be even harder to get at the 60 day mark. Maybe we should fly to Disneyland to do Galaxy Edge might be more guaranteed to actually see it with FP Max. I guess thats the thing coming all the way from NZ and this will be our last ever visit to Disney we really want to guarantee that we can see Galaxy Edge! And then I wonder what happens if we book a Club room for this reason and they change the rules by July 2020 eek what to do!!

June 6, 2019

Lara, let’s keep talking about this. On a couple of specifics–yes, you can book club for 5. And if you book, and the program then becomes unavailable, you can cancel–so long as you do it within the required period (it varies by how you book) you will get your money back. Needless to say, you would want to be double-booked into a cheaper alternative, so that if you cancel your club level you still have a place to stay! Frankly, you would also want to make the cancellation decision 61 days before check-in, so you can get 60 day FP+ on your second reservation with no muss… Re the start of your 90 day FP+, I’m sad to say I don’t recall–you could ask the question on that forum I linked you to (or I can ask it for you–just let me know!)

On going to DL instead, I don’t have enough experience with either summer crowds or their programs to be able to advise…

12. Lara Gordon
    June 5, 2019

Hi Dave, our family of five from New Zealand can’t get enough and are coming back in July 2020. You have been so helpful for our last two trips (2014 and 2016) so hoping you can help us again!
    Re dates: We have a cruise booked from 11-20 July 2020 so looking at either doing WDW the week before this (but maybe not a good idea being same week as 4 July?) or the week after the cruise? Also our main goals with three kids who will be 11, 13 and 15 is really to mainly focus on what we have not seen before when we were there last time (Oct 2016). So this will mean Galaxy Edge, Toy Story Land, Avatar to name the biggies and then also keen to do the new Harry Potter motorcycle ride at Universal. After reading through your website about Galaxy Edge am thinking our safest bet would be to book at the Beach Club hotel (although would have preferred the more budget Pop Century!) but nervous with crowds in July and the need to get to Galaxy Edge early in morning. Am I right in thinking that it will still be super busy in July?
    Also re FP+ which I understand Disney may introduce later for Galaxy Edge I am conscious of the fact (having made FP+bookings in the past) that we need to stay at least a week at a Disney hotel as sometimes we could only get the FP+ towards the end of our week when the booking window opened (although would have preferred just to stay a few days Disney hotel this time given we have done a lot already and a day at Universal hotel) what do you think?
    Forever grateful to you for your answers!!!
    Thanks so much
    Lara

June 5, 2019

Laras, I am still thinking–but in the meantime take a look at this.

While expensive per night–and not guaranteed to still be a thing next July–if it happens it would let you shorten your overall LOS at the Beach Club… Lovely wife Amy Girl and I did this in June 2018. See the image for one of our days…

13. john
    June 2, 2019

Would you recommend week of 2/8 or 2/22? in 2020? Following up on your previous February 2020 thread as we want to go the same month.

Thanks

June 5, 2019

John, at the moment 2/22. See this. I say “at the moment” as I will be revising (if necessary) the linked page in mid-summer, as more of the data for 2091 comes in.

14. GREGG HERMAN
    May 27, 2019

Thanks for quick reply. I would image early February is better than going in March?

May 28, 2019

Yup, it is, Gregg

May 28, 2019

Hi Shawna, my calendar is for the 9 day period Saturday to Sunday. February breaks are clustered from the Thursday before President’ Day through the Sunday after it. So in 2020, you would be best to avoid 2/13 through 2/23. So the crowds 2/13 and later influence the ranking of that week. If 2/13 is your last day, you should be fine!

15. Gregg
    May 26, 2019

Hi I am planning on going to Disney with my 4 year old twins for the first time in 2020. Wanted to go in February 2020. Debating between the week of 2/10 or 2/24. I want to go when there is the best chance to have the lowest crowds. Your crowd calendar has the week of 2/24 as the better week than 2/10, but I am worried that some people might still have spring break and therefore it will be crowded. Another website I looked at had earlier February as the much less crowded time. Would like to get your perspective.

May 27, 2019

Gregg, February breaks (with rare exceptions, e.g. New Hampshire that are not large enough to move the needle) are clustered from the Thursday before President’ Day through the Sunday after it. So in 2020, you would be best to avoid 2/13 through 2/23. Before and after those dates are much better.

16. Jennifer S
    March 19, 2019

Hi!
    Will Mardi Gras being February 25th In 2020 effect that whole week? Some people say it’s crazy and other sites don’t mention it…I want to plan a trip Thursday Feb 27th-Thursday March 5th. What are your thoughts on these dates. I hate crowds.
    Thank you!

March 20, 2019

Jennifer, very few folk actually get the time off, so it does not have a material affect.