By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2018, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here.

February 2018 at Walt Disney World

January   February   March   April   May   June   July

OVERVIEW: FEBRUARY 2018 AT DISNEY WORLD

This page reviews February 2018 Walt Disney World crowds, prices, deals and discounts, weather, and operating hours; adds a few other notes; and ends with week by week summaries.

Early February 2018 will have some of the lowest crowds and prices of the year, but also the risk of ride closures.

The end of the month brings slightly higher prices and crowds, but better weather and few closures.

In between–in 2018, the period from Thursday the 15th through Saturday the 24th–we will see high crowds and high prices.

FEBRUARY 2018 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Earlier February is among the lowest crowd periods of the year.

From a combination of a dance competition, President’s Day (many northeastern school weeks have the whole week off), and a running event, crowds will be high from Thursday the 15th through Saturday the 24th.

Crowds will settle down after the 24th to low levels until the spring break crowds begin March 10.

On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 1/27 has a ranking of 2/lower, 2/3 1/lowest, 2/10 5/moderate (lower at the beginning of the week, higher later), 2/17 9 high-minus (worse earlier in the week, better later)  and 2/24 4/low+.

See this for more on 2018 crowds at Disney World.

FEBRUARY 2018 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

February hotel prices begin the month at the lowest level of the year.

They increase on February 11, 2018 to 15-25% higher than the lowest of the year.  On 2/15, they increase again, to 20-40% higher.

On 2/25 they return to 15-25% higher than the lowest of the year, and stay at the level into early March.

See this for more on 2018 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.

FEBRUARY 2018 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Deals are available for February 2018. You can find them here.

FEBRUARY 2018 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

February weather is cooler and variable.

Typical temperatures warm up over the course of the month, but variability remains high.

Cold or rainy days—not uncommon—are great for first time visitors, as they reduce the crowds in the parks and make the rides easier to see with low waits.

Returning visitors looking for good days to lounge around the pool should not count on many.

Tornadoes can be an issue during this period.  See this.

Disney World Temperatures and Percentile Distribution Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.

DISNEY WORLD SPECIAL EVENTS IN FEBRUARY 2018

The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will continue through February 19. Part will be open seven days a week, but some entertainment will be focused on Fridays-Mondays. It will add to World Showcase crowds in Epcot, especially on the weekends.

OTHER NOTES AND COMMENTS ON FEBRUARY 2018 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

January and, to a lesser extent, February are the most common periods for rides to be closed for refurbishment.

This makes these months less good for first time visitors who do not know if they will return—why go when the chances of missing something great are high?

FEBRUARY 2018 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.

The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance. Major hours updates–often with later closes–can happen a month before.

These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:

WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR FEBRUARY 2018 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE

The week rankings that follow below are from 2018 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.

Click the image for a calendar view of 2018 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)

1/27/2018  Lowest prices. Lower crowds. Crowd ranking=2. Week ranking=50. Ride closures likely. Pro Bowl at beginning of week. Use the Lower Crowd Itinerary

2/3/2018  Lowest prices. Lowest crowds. Crowd ranking=1. Week ranking=48. Ride closures possible. Use the Lower Crowd Itinerary

2/10/2018  Moderate prices. Moderate-minus crowds, heaviest at end of week. Crowd ranking=5. Week ranking=49. Use the Lower Crowd Itinerary

2/17/2018  High prices. High-minus crowds. Crowd ranking=8, heaviest in first half of week. Week ranking=41. Use the Higher Crowd Itinerary

2/24/2018  Moderate prices. Low-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=4. Week ranking=13. Recommended Week. Use the Lower Crowd Itinerary

Kelly B Can Help You Book Your Trip

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Jennifer { 11.10.17 at 10:25 am }

Well, the good news is I get my first solo trip to The World thanks to a work-adjacent meeting that will allow me three days to do all the things the kid doesn’t want to do! 😀 The not-so-great news is that those three days are Feb 17 – 19.

Fortunately since it’s just me the crowds won’t be the issue they could have been, and I got a fab AP deal on the Coronado (a resort which would NOT impress The Boy, but I’ve always wanted to try). However, in an effort to minimize the pain, can you tell me if my park plans are on the right track?

2 – 17 – Epcot (driving in that morning, so won’t hit the park until probably lunchtime-ish)
2 – 18 – Animal Kingdom
2 – 19 – Magic Kingdom

Thoughts?

2 Dave { 11.11.17 at 9:20 am }

Hi Jennifer! Epcot will be pretty slammed the 17th, but I would not change any of your other days, so I think this is the plan!

3 Jennifer { 11.11.17 at 3:32 pm }

I knew between President’s Day and the last weekend of the We Needed A Reason For Food Booths In Winter Festival that there wouldn’t be a “good” day for Epcot, so I figured I’d just get it out of the way first. Thanks VERY much for the stamp of approval!!! 😀

4 Dave { 11.14.17 at 11:51 am }

The “Food Booths in Winter Festival” is actually my favorite among all the Epcot offerings!

5 Jo { 11.12.17 at 9:37 am }

Hi Dave
Crazy me! I just booked a four night stay for just me and my teen daughter. We are arriving Sunday Feb 25 and going home Thurs March 1st. Staying at the Beach Club. I usually pretty good at planning which parks to visit (thanks to your site and book) but I feel a bit turned around. Any suggestions on which parks to avoid on which days? With a teen I thought it might be fun for her to take advantage of some of the night extra magic hours but I’m not sure how they affect crowds as compared to the morning extra hours.
THANKS!!

6 Dave { 11.14.17 at 11:46 am }

Hi Jo! So sorry it’s taken me so long to respond–I’m at Disney World right now and have been having fun while neglecting the site!

These days, crowds are rarely low at evening EMH unless the regular park close is quite late–which is rare except for MK. So the benefit is really just extra time in the parks, not lower lines, and in the case of Epcot, no need to leave (with 25,000 other people) right after IllumiNations.

Your dates MK is currently scheduled to close at 8p every night. That will change as the date gets closer, to something more like 10p or later.

The only evening EMH your dates are Tuesday at Epcot and Wednesday at MK.

If you pick those parks those days, then do AK Sunday (preferred) or Thursday, and HS Monday or Thursday.

7 JanaLynn Young { 11.16.17 at 2:03 pm }

LOVE this site! I have two vacation rental properties, and use your Disney resorts pricing guide to price my property seasonally! I have typically brought travellers/guests with me in January, but this time it will be February 12-19, which you project to be quite busy. They are first timers to Disney World, and probably one-timers at that. My resident passes are only good during the weekdays, so which days would you suggest each of the four parks M-F?

8 Dave { 11.17.17 at 8:58 am }

Thanks JanaLynn!!!!

That week will be fine thru Wednesday, and the crowds will build Thursday and be worse on Friday. Given that, and the other puts and takes of those days, here’s what I’d do:

Monday: Epcot
Tuesday: MK
Wednesday: AK
Thursday: HS
On Friday, MK will be the worst choice, followed by AK. If you want to do Epcot or HS this day instead and add a second MK day, then I’d do EPcot on Friday and MK on Monday.

9 Carolyn A Harer { 12.03.17 at 2:56 pm }

Trying to figure out which parks to visit for Saturday 2/24 – Wednesday 2/28. I want to do MK twice so I am thinking Sunday and Tuesday are the best picks for my dates, but I will be dealing with Half Marathon crowds so Sunday might be tough. I typically avoid MK on Saturdays and Mondays, and I don’t really want to go two days in a row. I’ve seen all the nighttime shows except Star Wars so that is not a factor in my decision. Trying to get the lowest crowds I can (despite my busier dates).

10 Dave { 12.04.17 at 5:51 am }

Carolyn, the half Marathon does not much create crowds–what you’ll see Sunday will have more to do with it typically being a busy day (from locals and from Saturday arrivals) and the final tail of the people who get President’s week off. That said, it won’t be great in any park, but will be worst at HS. Mon -Weds will generally be fine everywhere, although each day the EMH park will be a little busier.

11 Carolyn { 12.04.17 at 11:44 am }

Thanks Dave! That being said, AK has EMH both Saturday 2/24 and Monday 2/26. Those seem to be the best dates to visit AK for my family. Is it safe to assume that Monday may be a bit better than Saturday due to less locals? Or is it going to be about equal regardless because of EMH?

12 Dave { 12.04.17 at 1:35 pm }

Carolyn, AK will be much better Monday than Saturday–I’m assuming that your are EMH eligible?

13 Carolyn { 12.04.17 at 3:54 pm }

Dave – yes indeed! And will take full advantage of it :-).

14 Dave { 12.05.17 at 6:53 am }

Perfect, Carolyn. If you are trying to get to Flight of Passage, arrive at EMH early!!

15 Jo { 12.22.17 at 12:26 pm }

Hi Dave – getting near my day to get fast passes. We are going down on Feb 25 and Home March 1st. Can you give me the low down on which part to avoid on which day?
Thanks for all of your help!! And Happy Holidays!!

16 Dave { 12.22.17 at 2:38 pm }

Hi Jo and happy holidays to you!

2/25 avoid HS and MK
2/26 avoid MK and AK
2/27 avoid Epcot
2/28 avoid MK
3/1 avoid Epcot

17 Daniela Klein { 12.30.17 at 3:33 pm }

Hi! Was wondering if my family is in the clear to go to Disney world for the first time on dates March 3-10?! Will the crowds be low since presidents week is done with? And how about temperature? Not too huh early March is it?

18 Dave { 12.31.17 at 7:11 am }

Hi Daniela! See this for the scoop on March but the short version is crowds will be fine, temps may still be coolish.

19 Lindsay { 01.03.18 at 8:20 am }

I would love help planing which parks to visit Feb 15th-Feb 20th. We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 6 and 8). We are open to doing at least 2 parks and up to 4 parks if worth while considering the crowds. We will be staying off property and plan to arrive at rope drop for parks.

20 Dave { 01.03.18 at 10:14 am }

Lindsay, because of President’s Day breaks, that’s a very rough set of dates, especially Saturday-Monday. On such busy days, much more important than picking parks then is having good daily plans adn FastPass+, which you can find in my book.

That said,

The 15th will be your best day, and AK and HS will be best.
The 16th avoid MK
The 17th will be bad everywhere, but probably best at Epcot. Avoid AK as it has morning EMH
The 18th will be bad everywhere, but avoid HS in particular as it has morning EMH
The 19th wil be bad everywhere. Avoid AK as it has morning EMH
The 20th crowds will go down to the levels of Friday. AK is best.

21 Lindsay { 01.05.18 at 8:43 am }

Thanks for your reply! I would be lost without your website and help! I am planning the 6 days based on your much appreciated reccomendations. If MK is a must….. would you pick Thur FEB 15th or Tue Feb 20th? Thank you so much! I will then use your day planner for FastPass picks!

22 Dave { 01.06.18 at 8:34 am }

Lindsay, the 15th!

23 michael angelo { 01.05.18 at 10:58 am }

Dave, happy New Year!
Thinking about going to DW last week of Jan or first week of Feb (No weekends). I saw your 2018 crowd calendar. Any changes? I’m thinking the best week for lowest crowds is 4th – 7?
What say you and thank you so much for all your help! Mike

24 Dave { 01.06.18 at 8:38 am }

Either week should be fine, Michael! Lowest crowds should be the 30th through the 1st.

25 Christie { 01.05.18 at 1:11 pm }

We are taking a trip to Orlando area 20-27 Feb. Which day would be best to visit Magic Kingdom? Our son is almost 2 so we wanted to go just to give a him visit there mainly to see the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters since that is his favorite. Thank you.

26 Dave { 01.06.18 at 8:28 am }

Christie the parks will be quite crowded through the 24th. Magic Kingdom will be best the 27th, OK the 25th and 26th. You’ll find Mickey near the entrance on the right in the Town Square Theater (I suggest you use a FastPass+ for this to limit waits), and Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy in the back near the Fantasyland train station, in Pete’s Silly Sideshow.

27 Molly { 01.12.18 at 11:15 pm }

Hi Dave –

What a great site! We just booked our very first trip to Disney World for Feb 20-22 with our 5 and 10 year old girls. I think we will only do MK and HS during our stay so as not to overwhelm them (my older child has adhd and anxiety.) I was planning on doing MK on Feb 20, HS on Feb 21, and then deciding which one to go back to on Feb 22 (I booked a dinner at HS for that night just in case.). Do you think we should switch around our plans? I still have a few days before I can book our FastPasses. Thank you for your insight and advice!

28 Dave { 01.13.18 at 9:42 am }

Hi Molly, and thanks!! Neither will be good the 20th, with HS perhaps slightly better. MK will be better the 22nd than the 21st, but both parks will be better the 21st and 22nd than the 20th.