By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2018, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here.

Disney World Lower Crowd Itinerary

Below is my FastPass+ based Disney World itinerary for lower crowd weeks.

Updated in August 2017, it includes guidance for the new Avatar: World of Pandora at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and is adapted to the closure of Ellen’s Energy Adventure, the Great Movie Ride, and the shift of the Festival of Fantasy Parade to 2pm.  On its first Animal Kingdom day, it uses a Rivers of Light Dining Package to save a FastPass+. Note that this package is available sometimes only 3-4 months ahead, rather than the 180 days ahead that most dining is available.

It is designed for lower-crowd weeks and does not work all dates after than.  Check your week here.

As always on this site, click the image to enlarge it.

The recommended dining and FastPass+ that make it work are in its To-Do List, so you can book them at the appropriate 180 day window for dining (although, so far, Rivers of Light dining has been opening up just a couple of months ahead) and 60 day window for FastPass+ sign-ups. Daily agendas are in the links:

Kelly B Can Help You Book Your Trip

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Justin { 08.21.17 at 8:16 pm }

Since the Halloween party will be happening on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, the week of October 1-7, would you still recommend Magic Kingdom touring on those days, when the park closes at 7pm?

2 Dave { 08.22.17 at 6:31 am }

Justin, that is exactly why I recommend the Magic Kingdom those days–the early close and lack of fireworks makes the park unattractive and hence much less busy.

3 Rita M Talackine { 10.03.17 at 12:39 am }

I am looking to go to animal kindom week of oct 15,-19. My son uses wheel chair. Any reco.madation, best place to buy tickets

4 Dave { 10.03.17 at 7:56 am }

Rita, buying direct from Disney is your best choice with your visit so soon. After you get your tickets, you need to dset up your FastPass+ ASAP. See this for the scoop. Those dates AK will be best Sunday and Tuesday.

5 Mike { 11.06.17 at 11:49 am }

Hey Dave,

My daughters and I will be enjoying WDW on a long weekend in January. After Hours on the 19th, and then we want to split AK/Epcot on the 20th. We are staying on-site, and will utilize the EMH at AK on the 20th.

Our FP’s are going to be reserved for Epcot. The 9-year-old is riding Frozen. She informs me this in non-negotiable. This leaves me without a FP for AK, and we want to ride both Exp. Everest and Flight of Passage. I know this is going to leave me with at least one line!

My question is, when utilizing the 8AM EMH at AK, which should be my rope drop ride, and for which one should I bite the bullet and wait…..wait time being the criterion?

6 Dave { 11.06.17 at 1:57 pm }

Hey Mike, arrive at EMH early (e.g. 30 mins before the posted start)and head straight to Flight of Passage, then do Everest after that. 95% of the folk at EMH go straight to Pandora, and 90% of them go straight to FOP. Waits at Everest will be fine until 10ish.