For the first page of this review of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, see this.
A PHOTO TOUR OF A STANDARD LITTLE MERMAID ROOM
Standard 4-person Little Mermaid rooms have the same size and a similar layout as those in the other value resorts. It still has full beds, though–with n\most other values having or moving to queen beds.
What’s particularly different is the specific decor, and the deep Disney theming that you won’t find in the other values.
You are “Under the Sea” in this room, a position that the carpet and how it works with curtains and the beds is meant to reinforce.
Closing your eyes and saying “I believe in orange as an undersea color! I do!!” helps a bit in getting this.
The room has two full beds, with Sebastian and Flounder between them. The “pearls” on the headboards are reading lights.
…and of Sebastian and Flounder.
Towards the end of the beds, there’s a painting of Prince Eric.
The chairs are fun for kids, but cheap looking…
…while the table has these sheets from a musical score embedded.
The dresser has the TV above, drawers on one side, and a mini-fridge on the other.
Here’s the drawers and mini-fridge. Note only three drawers. There’s a shelf above the hanging rack in the bath with more storage, and also room for suitcases used for storage on the floor between the fridge and the bath.
The bath is separated from the main living/sleeping area by a curtain.
Here’s a closer view of the coat hooks.
The bath has a single sink…
…and a large hanging area to its side, with a shelf above it, and an ironing board, iron, and safe.
The toilet and tub are closed off into their own space. The shower curtain presents the first appearance of Ariel in the room.
THE FAMILY SUITES AT DISNEY’S ART OF ANIMATION RESORT
This review continues here.
MATERIAL IN THIS REVIEW OF DISNEY’S ART OF ANIMATION RESORT
- Overview of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The Little Mermaid Area and Rooms
- Photo Tour of a Little Mermaid Room
- Overview of the Family Suites Areas
- Accommodations in the Family Suites
- Photo Tour of a Finding Nemo Family Suite (plus bed dimensions, storage, etc)
- Photo Tour of a Lion King Family Suite
- Photo Tour of a Cars Family Suite
- Amenities at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The Pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
OTHER KEY PAGES FOR WHERE TO STAY AT DISNEY WORLD
- Where to stay–the Basics
- Where first-timers should stay
- Reviews of all the Disney World resorts, based on my 150+ stays in them