Designing Your Walt Disney World Vacation to a Lower Target Budget
By Dave Shute
WHAT YOU CAN DO AT WALT DISNEY WORLD FOR A TARGET BUDGET
While doing so will not provide you with the best possible first family visit, of course you can design your trip around a target budget.
For example, if the recommended trip at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort for $5,300 (during the 2014 fall price season) plus transportation is too much, you could follow the steps below instead to design a trip you can afford.
DESIGNING YOUR DISNEY WORLD TRIP TO A TARGET BUDGET
1. Set your target Disney World budget.
2. Look up on the chart above what you can do at Walt Disney World for that.
For example, if your target budget before transportation is $3,000, you’ll note that you could either
- With no extra funds for souvenirs and special shows and events, stay for 4 nights and be in the parks for 5 days, or
- With an allowance for extras, stay for 3 nights and have 4 days in the parks
The chart assumes a family of four with one kid younger than ten, and includes hotel, Magic Your Way base park tickets, and the Dining Plan. (See this for more on the Dining Plan.)
The chart above includes the specific numbers, so that you can see, for example, just what the “extra and special” budget amount is for your target budget.
LINKS FOR WHAT TO BUDGET FOR WALT DISNEY WORLD
For the basic December trip recommended by this site
- See this for what to budget during the basic December trip
- See this if you are on particularly tight budget, for (difficult) ideas to reduce the December trip budget by more than $1,000
For help getting to much lower budget numbers,
- For reducing your lodging costs,
- See The Tightwad’s Guide to Where to Stay at Walt Disney World
- See this for links to current Walt Disney World deals and discounts
- For reducing your dining costs,
- For ideas on cutting your dining costs compared to what this site recommends, see this
- For a period during which dining is sometimes free, see The Tightwad’s Guide to When to Go to Walt Disney World
- For reducing your transportation costs, see this
For Walt Disney World price seasons,
- See this for resort price seasons
- See this for Disney Dining Plan price seasons
- See this for Walt Disney World theme park admission tickets