By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

April 2017 at Walt Disney World

OVERVIEW: APRIL 2017 AT DISNEY WORLD

april-2017-at-walt-disney-world-from-yourfirstvisit-net

This page reviews April 2017 Walt Disney World crowds, prices, deals and discounts, weather, and operating hours; adds a few other notes; and ends with week by week summaries.

The late Easter in 2017 and the pattern of pricing and spring breaks before and after it means that the only period in the month that I recommend is the end of the month–April 22 and later.

APRIL 2017 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

April 2017 crowds will be pretty rough until April 22, peaking during the week before Easter. April 22nd and later will see mcuh lower crowds.

On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 4/1 has a ranking of 7/moderate-plus,  4/8 11/highest, 4/15 7/moderate-plus, and 4/22 4/low-plus.

See this for more on 2017 crowds at Disney World.

APRIL 2017 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

April hotel prices begin the month 20% to 45% higher than the lowest of the year.

On April 9, they increase to 35-75% higher than the lowest of the year, and continue at this level through April 20, dropping at bit April 21 and 22.

On April 23, prices drop to 20-45% higher than the lowest of the year

See this for more on 2017 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.

APRIL 2017 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Currently, no deals are available for April 2017. If any are released, you’ll be able to find them here.

APRIL 2017 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

April weather completes the shift from the variable and cooler temperatures of winter to the warmer and more consistent temperatures of spring.

For example, at the beginning of April, 60% of the time the daily high will be between 72 and 87.  By the beginning of May, 60% of the time the daily high will be between 80 and 90.

All in, April weather is as good as it gets at Walt Disney World.

Disney World Temperatures and Percentile Distribution Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on typical March weather.

APRIL 2017 SPECIAL EVENTS

The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival continues until May 29, 2017.

APRIL 2017 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.

The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance. Look for a major update to hours a couple of weeks before the month starts.

These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:

WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR APRIL 2017 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE

The week rankings that follow below are from 2017 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.

2017 Weeks to Visit Disney World Ranked in Order from yourfirstvisit.net

Click the image for a calendar view of 2017 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)

4/1/2017  High prices. Moderate-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=7. Week ranking=19. Use the FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary

4/8/2017  Highest prices. Highest crowds. Crowd ranking=11. Week ranking=44. Use the FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary, and watch for earlier opens and/or added morning EMH

4/15/2017  High prices. Moderate-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=7. Week ranking=20. Use the FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary, and watch for earlier opens and/or added morning EMH

4/22/2017  Moderate prices. Low-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=4. Week ranking=9. Recommended week. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
The 2017 easy Guide

Kelly B Can Help You Book Your Trip

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Kate { 09.22.16 at 11:26 am }

Hi. I will be staying at WDW from 4/5 through 4/11. Thinking of the following and wondering if it is a good plan:
4/5 – HS (afternoon, evening)
4/6-MK
4/7-AK
4/8-MK
4/9 – Epcot
4/10-MK
4/11-Travel

2 Kim { 09.22.16 at 9:07 pm }

Thanks for the info. We’re attending the Star Wars Dark Side races in April, and have been hoping for a discount to be released. But given this prediction, I guess we shouldn’t expect too much!

3 Dave { 09.24.16 at 7:20 am }

Hi Kate, the 8th, 9th and 10th will be rough everywhere, but in general this looks great!

4 Kate { 09.24.16 at 2:55 pm }

5 Karen { 09.24.16 at 6:32 pm }

Are there any dates for the Easter parade

6 Dave { 09.25.16 at 8:59 am }

Karen, here’s the 2016 schedule. 2017 likely will be similar–adjusted, of course, to the different dates.

7 Jo { 09.25.16 at 11:29 am }

Hi Dave
I followed Kelly’s advice (on another thread) re: Jersey’s snowy weather possibly tanking a March trip and stuck with my 4/19 to4/24 planned dates for our trip to the Polly. However, I just found out that the Star Wars Run will be going on that weekend. Does it really make a difference in the crowds? Where do they run? I want to make sure we are not caught in the wrong place at the wrong time!!!

Thanks for all of the help you give everybody!

Jo

8 Tammy { 09.26.16 at 10:37 am }

Hi there.

I’ll be in Disney the 1st-7th (traveling family of 4 with 2 kids: 4 & 8). When I first booked I thought we would miss the Easter rush, but now I’m getting worried? Is a “7” that bad? :)
I think this is my park day plan, what you do you think? (assuming the 1st and 7th will be wasted to travel for time being):

4/2: Epcot
4/3: HS
4/4: AK
4/5: MK
4/6: MK tentative for group vote

And lastly, we’re staying at the Wilderness Lodge, how likely do you think it will be they will be done with the new pool?

Thanks so much!

Tammy

9 Dave { 09.26.16 at 2:22 pm }

Hi Jo and thanks. The running events usually have little incremental crowding impact so are not worth much worry…the events Sat and Sun look to include at least Epcot and the Studios, so the roads likely will be clotted up those days

10 Dave { 09.26.16 at 2:29 pm }

Hi Tammy, I’d swap 4/4 and 4/5 but otherwise this looks good. A “7” is not good but can be ok–good daily plans and judicious FP+ use can overcome the crowds.

11 Jo { 09.26.16 at 5:09 pm }

PHEW!! I feel so much better. We are at the Polly, so, our Hotel will be out of the hubbub. I think our plans include Epcot on Sat. but we will have the monorail, so, that should be alright. Is it too early for me to ask you about my park plans late April? Right now I have:
4/19: Epcot
4/20: MK
4/21: AK
4/22: Epcot
4/24: MK

Leave a Comment | Ask a Question | Note a Problem 2017 easy Guide

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2016 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.