By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

April 2017 at Walt Disney World

April   May   June   July   August   September  October

OVERVIEW: APRIL 2017 AT DISNEY WORLD

april-2017-at-walt-disney-world-from-yourfirstvisit-net

This page reviews April 2017 Walt Disney World crowds, prices, deals and discounts, weather, and operating hours; adds a few other notes; and ends with week by week summaries.

The late Easter in 2017 and the pattern of pricing and spring breaks before and after it means that the only period in the month that I recommend is the end of the month–April 22 and later.

APRIL 2017 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

April 2017 crowds will be pretty rough until April 22, peaking during the week before Easter. April 22nd and later will see mcuh lower crowds.

On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 4/1 has a ranking of 7/moderate-plus,  4/8 11/highest, 4/15 7/moderate-plus, and 4/22 4/low-plus.

See this for more on 2017 crowds at Disney World.

APRIL 2017 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

April hotel prices begin the month 20% to 45% higher than the lowest of the year.

On April 9, they increase to 35-75% higher than the lowest of the year, and continue at this level through April 20, dropping at bit April 21 and 22.

On April 23, prices drop to 20-45% higher than the lowest of the year

See this for more on 2017 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.

APRIL 2017 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Deals are available for early April 2017. Find them here.

APRIL 2017 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

April weather completes the shift from the variable and cooler temperatures of winter to the warmer and more consistent temperatures of spring.

For example, at the beginning of April, 60% of the time the daily high will be between 72 and 87.  By the beginning of May, 60% of the time the daily high will be between 80 and 90.

All in, April weather is as good as it gets at Walt Disney World.

Disney World Temperatures and Percentile Distribution Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on typical April weather.

APRIL 2017 SPECIAL EVENTS

The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival continues until May 29, 2017.

APRIL 2017 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.

The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance. Look for a major update to hours a couple of weeks before the month starts.

These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:

WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR APRIL 2017 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE

The week rankings that follow below are from 2017 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.

2017 Weeks to Visit Disney World Ranked in Order from yourfirstvisit.net

Click the image for a calendar view of 2017 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)

4/1/2017  High prices. Moderate-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=7. Week ranking=19. Use the FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary

4/8/2017  Highest prices. Highest crowds. Crowd ranking=11. Week ranking=44. Use the FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary, and watch for earlier opens and/or added morning EMH

4/15/2017  High prices. Moderate-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=7. Week ranking=20. Use the FastPass+ Higher Crowd Itinerary, and watch for earlier opens and/or added morning EMH

4/22/2017  Moderate prices. Low-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=4. Week ranking=9. Recommended week. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
The 2017 easy Guide

Kelly B Can Help You Book Your Trip

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Kate { 09.22.16 at 11:26 am }

Hi. I will be staying at WDW from 4/5 through 4/11. Thinking of the following and wondering if it is a good plan:
4/5 – HS (afternoon, evening)
4/6-MK
4/7-AK
4/8-MK
4/9 – Epcot
4/10-MK
4/11-Travel

2 Kim { 09.22.16 at 9:07 pm }

Thanks for the info. We’re attending the Star Wars Dark Side races in April, and have been hoping for a discount to be released. But given this prediction, I guess we shouldn’t expect too much!

3 Dave { 09.24.16 at 7:20 am }

Hi Kate, the 8th, 9th and 10th will be rough everywhere, but in general this looks great!

4 Kate { 09.24.16 at 2:55 pm }

5 Karen { 09.24.16 at 6:32 pm }

Are there any dates for the Easter parade

6 Dave { 09.25.16 at 8:59 am }

Karen, here’s the 2016 schedule. 2017 likely will be similar–adjusted, of course, to the different dates.

7 Jo { 09.25.16 at 11:29 am }

Hi Dave
I followed Kelly’s advice (on another thread) re: Jersey’s snowy weather possibly tanking a March trip and stuck with my 4/19 to4/24 planned dates for our trip to the Polly. However, I just found out that the Star Wars Run will be going on that weekend. Does it really make a difference in the crowds? Where do they run? I want to make sure we are not caught in the wrong place at the wrong time!!!

Thanks for all of the help you give everybody!

Jo

8 Tammy { 09.26.16 at 10:37 am }

Hi there.

I’ll be in Disney the 1st-7th (traveling family of 4 with 2 kids: 4 & 8). When I first booked I thought we would miss the Easter rush, but now I’m getting worried? Is a “7” that bad? 🙂
I think this is my park day plan, what you do you think? (assuming the 1st and 7th will be wasted to travel for time being):

4/2: Epcot
4/3: HS
4/4: AK
4/5: MK
4/6: MK tentative for group vote

And lastly, we’re staying at the Wilderness Lodge, how likely do you think it will be they will be done with the new pool?

Thanks so much!

Tammy

9 Dave { 09.26.16 at 2:22 pm }

Hi Jo and thanks. The running events usually have little incremental crowding impact so are not worth much worry…the events Sat and Sun look to include at least Epcot and the Studios, so the roads likely will be clotted up those days

10 Dave { 09.26.16 at 2:29 pm }

Hi Tammy, I’d swap 4/4 and 4/5 but otherwise this looks good. A “7” is not good but can be ok–good daily plans and judicious FP+ use can overcome the crowds.

11 Jo { 09.26.16 at 5:09 pm }

PHEW!! I feel so much better. We are at the Polly, so, our Hotel will be out of the hubbub. I think our plans include Epcot on Sat. but we will have the monorail, so, that should be alright. Is it too early for me to ask you about my park plans late April? Right now I have:
4/19: Epcot
4/20: MK
4/21: AK
4/22: Epcot
4/24: MK

12 Dave { 09.28.16 at 2:34 pm }

Hi Jo, these look fine!

13 Jo { 09.28.16 at 7:00 pm }

Dave thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!

14 Krista { 09.29.16 at 10:15 am }

Hi Dave..my son is in festival Disney for his school chorus over the weekend of april 7, from Pgh, anyhow we may work around that and stay April 5-12..weds to weds. We only ever do disney in March, last year crowds seemed high then, so my question is are crowds during this week so unbearable even for us veterans who go every year because this is the week leading up to Easter? Thanks!

15 Dave { 09.30.16 at 10:01 am }

Krista, it will be fiercely crowded beginning 4/8, and not that good before then. Experienced visitors with park hoppers who stay on site, get up early and do morning EMH, then hop away from the EMH park, and use FastPass+ wisely can do OK.

16 Amanda { 09.30.16 at 10:40 am }

Hi again Dave! Travelling to Disney with my sister, her husband, and my 5 year old daughter from 4/22 – 4/29. Have a tentative schedule set up so we can make dining reservations in a few weeks and was hoping to get your thoughts?

4/23 – AK
4/24 – HS
4/25 – MK
4/27 – MK
4/28 – Epcot, park hop to MK for dinner at CRT

Thanks in advance!

17 Dave { 09.30.16 at 11:01 am }

Hi Amanda, these look great!

18 Liza Maldari { 10.05.16 at 10:54 am }

hi Dave – trying to plan our first (and likely only) trip to disney. traveling with 3 kids (11,8,6) and need to visit over our april break which begins fri 4/14 to sun 4/23. i see that due to Easter it is likely to be an expensive and crowded week – any recommendations on which day to arrive to start our 5-6 day vacation would be great. thinking 2 days at magic kindgom, 1 day at epcot and 2 days at universal (maybe)? thanks!!

19 Courtney { 10.06.16 at 12:08 pm }

Do you have a list for March we will be there 11-18th… Looking for what days would work best at what parks. Thanks.

20 Dave { 10.06.16 at 2:24 pm }

Courtney, that whole period will be crowded. Avoid parks on days they have EMH, unless you have park hoppers and can hop away.

21 Dave { 10.06.16 at 2:25 pm }

Liza, the later that week, the better. In general avoid parks on their EMH days. The current EMH schedule is here: https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_april.pdf

22 Kaiti { 10.19.16 at 8:16 pm }

Hi! This will be my 6th year in a row returning but going in April for the first time. Family of 5 (3 adults & 2 kids, 5&3) we’ll be there April-2nd- April 6th.. going to do HS on the 3rd & MK the 4th & 5th. Should I be worried!?

23 Dave { 10.20.16 at 7:15 am }

Kaiti, you will want to have a good plan, early arrivals, and sound FastPass+. With those, you’ll be fine!

Weds will be crowded at MK. Can you swap your HS day to Weds and go there Mon and Tues instead?

24 Dawn { 11.28.16 at 6:38 pm }

Ha!! arriving on the 22nd!!! so I’m in pretty good shape!! Thanks Dave

25 Britni { 12.08.16 at 10:32 am }

Hi! My sons bday happens to be the day before Easter this year, I was thinking of taking him to Disney Friday 14th and check out Monday 17th. Am I crazy? He will be 6 and loves rides so the thought of super long lines really scares me….. (this wouldn’t be a heart breaker if we didn’t go, we just got back from Halloween in Disney)

26 Dave { 12.09.16 at 8:18 am }

Britni, an experienced returning visitor who is willing to do morning EMH (which will begin at 7a for many parks those dates) and otherwise has a good plan can do just fine almost any day of the year!

27 Laura { 12.20.16 at 1:06 am }

We’re planning on going to Universal on 4/18, then Disney on 4/19 and 4/20. Was thinking we’d just do Hollywood Studios on the 19th and Magic Kingdom on the 20th. Does HS have enough to fill a day? Or should we do a park hopper that day? If so, which park would you hop to? Thinking we’d stay at Contemporary so I’m also thinking about travel time to/from all of these parks and hotel. We’ll have 2 adults and 3 kids aged 9, 7 & 4. Thanks!

28 Dave { 12.21.16 at 11:36 am }

Laura, crowds will be heavy. HS will take full day.

29 Kelly B - Agent with Destinations in Florida { 12.21.16 at 7:04 pm }

Hi Laura – I’m Kelly, the designated Destinations In Florida travel agent for YourFirstVisit.net. I specialize in Disney and Universal vacation. I would love to help you plan your upcoming vacation. Rooms are filling up fast for your dates, so I’d book as soon as possible.

The parks will be crowded. If you plan on enjoying all that HS has, a full day will be needed. You may want to keep in mind what your children will want to do and are tall enough for. If you do end up doing a Park Hopper Disney has a new option you can purchase. It’s $15 per person per day. This option allows you special direct Park to Park transportation. You’ll avoid security lines entering your second park. The bus picks you up inside the theme parks and drops you off inside as well. During crowded times, this is definitely a time saver.

If you haven’t booked yet, I would love to help. You can contact me at 980-429-4499 or KellyB@DestinationsInFlorida.com. When you book a qualified vacation, all of my services are free.

30 Kate { 12.27.16 at 8:21 pm }

Hi!
We are taking our first Disney family vacation on April 14th-18th (planned by my mom as a surprise Christmas gift!) This is the park schedule I am considering for our time there:

4/14- AK (we dont land in Florida until 12:30, so we will only spend a half day here)
4/15- HS
4/16- Epcot
4/17- MK
4/18- Free day that we may spend at Universal since our flight does not leave until 7:30 pm.

Is there anything that you recommend I change?

Thanks for your help!

31 Dave { 12.29.16 at 4:18 pm }

Kate, that’s one of the busiest times of the year, so there are no great choices. Your plans look fine given the limits of the length of your trip and the dates you are going.

32 Katherine { 12.30.16 at 12:23 pm }

We are going to be there April 15-21 does this sound like a good plan?

4-15 AK
4-16 Magic
4-17 HS
4-19 & 4-20 Magic

33 Dave { 01.02.17 at 9:10 am }

Katherine, those will be very crowded dates. MK has morning EMH each day, so if you are eligible be sure to arrive well befroe it begins.

4/15 you should avoid AK and MK
4/16 will be OK at MK
4/17 avoid MK and AK–so HS is fine
4/18 avoid Epcot
4/19 avoid MK
4/20 avoid Epcot

Based on this I’d advise some changes to your plans…

34 Andy { 01.04.17 at 1:44 pm }

We are planning to visit the MK 4/21 & 22. From what I’ve read, the 22nd is ideal. Curious of your advice for the 21st. Thinking of going the 23rd instead but that cuts into other plans. Thanks Dave

35 Dave { 01.04.17 at 4:08 pm }

Andy, you’ll still see some spring breakers the 22nd, and even more the 21st. The 23rd is, by far, the best of these dates.

36 malika { 01.08.17 at 10:38 am }

HI Dave I’m a Disney newbie. My brother in law gifted our 6 year old fraternal twins ( boy/girl) his Disney area time share points from 4-6-2017 tru 4-10 -2017 and airfare for Christmas. So we have 3 months to plan park/show itinerary. They turn 7 on 4-5. should we stick with magic kingdom only, or will we be able to comfortably do multiple parks. we will be in parks from Friday until Monday afternoon. Is it possible to have star wars, frozen and Disney princesses adventures? #stressedmom

37 Dave { 01.09.17 at 8:41 am }

Hi Malika! At that age they are near to being able to enjoying everything. Frozen is at Epcot, Star Wars at the Hollywood Studios, so I’d plan half a day at each of those parks, and the rest at Magic Kingdom.

Those days you’d want to avoid HS on Friday and Sunday, and MK on Friday and Saturday. That suggests Epcot Friday, HS Saturday, and MK Sunday and Monday. You will face high crowds especially Sunday and Monday, so good park plans and good use of FastPass+ is a must.

I don’t have park plans on this site suitable for such a short trip, but you’ll find them in Chapter 6 of my book.

38 Deirdre { 01.11.17 at 10:40 am }

Hi Dave. We’re planning to visit WDW from Apr 15th to 22nd 2017 staying at the Beach Club (2 adults and 3 kids aged 15, 13 &10). My plan is as follows:
Sat 15th – arrive about 3PM – Epcot in late afternoon and dinner
Sun 16th – MK (taking advantage of 8AM EMH)
Mon 17th – one of the water parks
Tues 18th – AK
Wed 19th – HS
Thurs 20th – MK
Fri 21st – EP

I’m looking for advice on the following: Do you think it’s likely that MK opening times that week will change to 8AM? Currently Disney is showing a daily opening time of 9AM. Also, if they do change opening time to 8AM, could they eliminate the scheduled AM EMH? I noticed in the historical 2016 calendar that there are no EMH hours listed for MK around Easter but the opening hours were 8AM every day.

The other question I have is whether I should adjust my plans to leverage EMH – particularly for MK on the 20th. We really like getting to MK early and leaving by noon. In this case is it better to use the EMH? In that case, I would do EP on 20th and MK on 21st.

39 Dave { 01.12.17 at 10:52 am }

Hi Deirdre, the closest analogy (that is with a late April Easter) is 2014, and that year there were not 8a opens the week after Easter– see this for the actual hours.

Your plans in general look fine, but if you do not intend to stay after lunch, then morning EMH can work just great!!

40 Krystle { 01.30.17 at 9:05 am }

Hey Dave! We’re headed with my parents to DW from 48-4/16. I know, chaos, right?! They haven’t been since ’89, and this will likely be the only time they go. I know it’s going to be crazy, but can you give me some pointers on the best parks to go to on these days? We’re upgrading to park hoppers, and debating that express bus between parks. My schedule so far is:

4/8 – arrive around 4pm and do MK
4/9 – HS
4/10 – AK
4/11 – MK breakfast then head to Epcot
4/12 – Disney Springs and then maybe MK
4/13 – MK
4/14 – Epcot
4/15 – AK to HS
4/16 – MK then head home around 2

I just want to make this the best trip possible for them, but I know it’s going to be crazy, and it’s making me so nervous!! Thanks so much!!

41 Dave { 01.31.17 at 2:53 pm }

Krystle, in high crowd weeks with hoppers the best play, if you are eligible for EMH and you can get up early enough, is to hit the park with morning EMH (arriving no later than 30 minutes before EMH begins), then to hop away to a park with no EMH that day in late morning or early afternoon (or head back to the hotel for a nap, and then hop.) You’d set you FastPass+ for the second park.

Are you EMH eligible??

42 Deana { 02.02.17 at 4:16 pm }

Hi! We will be traveling to WDW April 12-18th with my 3 children and my inlaws. We plan to visit MK, HS and AK. I know the crowds will be intense, and we plan to avoid a park on Easter Sunday. We were thinking of the following schedule:

4/13– MK
4/14– HS
4/15–AK

However, I just became aware of the Star Wars event at HS on the 14th. Would it be better, then, to do HS on the 17th? Any scheduling recommendations?

43 Dave { 02.04.17 at 8:38 am }

Deanna, are you EMH eligible? The HS event is new, so it’s hard to say what impact it will have on daytime crowds. Usually such events with their earlier closes and absence of nighttime entertainment result in lower crowd days.

44 Deana { 02.04.17 at 1:25 pm }

Thank you so much! We are eligible for EMH.

45 Kimberly { 02.05.17 at 11:51 am }

I am coming there 4/17 till the 4/22 and I can’t get tickets anywhere that saying admission is blocked out from the 8 till the 22 does this mean we can’t go

46 Sarah { 02.05.17 at 11:31 pm }

Hi Dave, I stumbled across your site by accident, but glad I did. We are newbies and spontaneously (even though it’s 2 months away) decided that we want to take our lil man (age 4), and daughter (4 months) over Spring Break, which starts 4/8. But, after reading your responses, now I’m hesitant that it will be chaos. Suggestions? My son “wants to see where Mickey Mouse lives.” Thank you so much for your help!

47 Dave { 02.06.17 at 9:13 am }

Kimberly, standard Disney tickets are not dated and have no blocks, so you must be looking at something else. Start here. Set up a My Disney Experience account and buy from within that.

48 Dave { 02.06.17 at 9:15 am }

Sarah I would certainly wait for a better date. That will also give you time to book dining. See this for dates and this for deadlines.

49 Brent { 02.10.17 at 4:18 pm }

We are traveling down from indiana april 22-29. Traveling with 4 adults and 3 kids ages 9,5, & 1. We have set tenative plans we are thinking:
22- AK
23- MK
24- HS
25- MK
26- off (baby break)
27- EP
28- MK

50 Dave { 02.13.17 at 10:42 am }

Brent, you’ve picked a couple of days with morning EMH (22 at AK, 27 at Epcot, 28 at MK). These are generally best avoided unless you are staying on site, know your kids are very early risers, and are willing to face some higher crowds later in the day or have park hoppers that let you move to another park. You will likely face simpler mornings and lower afternoon crowds if you do Epcot 4/22, MK 4/27 and AK 4/28…

51 Alex { 02.15.17 at 11:32 am }

Hi Dave. My husband and I were thinking about doing park hopper passes April 6-7. We don’t have kids so we won’t be doing any character signings or small rides, but sounds like it still might be chaos. What do you recommend? Try and brave it?

52 Dave { 02.15.17 at 2:53 pm }

Hi Alex, those won;t be HORRIBLE days, juts not great. Two day hoppers are wildly expensive (~$275 each) so I would not hop on such a short trip. You would need to decide and book your FastPass+ ASAP.

Me, I’d skip it and save the money towards a longer trip during more civilized dates…

53 Alex { 02.15.17 at 4:28 pm }

Thanks. Unfortunately we’re both teachers so we can only go when kids are out of school, because that’s when we’re off. Would it be better to go at the beginning of that week? We could switch our days.

54 Jennifer { 02.17.17 at 1:01 am }

Hello Dave
This is our First ever Disney trip and maybe our only. With all the complications and everything our trip has been pushed to April instead of the end of this month “bummer ” we have 5 kids 10,7,5,5,&4. I had our days planned but if you can help adjust it to the most enjoyable days and parks I’d appreciate it. We leave driving April 14 so we don’t plan to get there until 4/16 and we can push it a day or so somewhere else in Florida but we will be visiting all 4 parks and we would need to leave by 4/22 night at the least to make it back on time so basically we plan to be in Florida 6 days with 4 days dedicated to a park a day from the 16th/17th -22nd.. my original plan is this..
4/18- Mk
4/19- Ak
4/20-Hs
4/21-Epcot
Any suggestions please let me know thanks

55 Dave { 02.17.17 at 9:56 am }

Alex, the best part of that week will be Tuesday-Thursday. i’d also encourage you too focus on two parks, rather than hop to all four. MK will be best Tues and Thurs, and Epcot Weds. HS and AK will be about the same all three days.

56 Dave { 02.17.17 at 10:01 am }

Jennifer, I don’t remember where you are staying. If you are NOT staying at an EMH-eligible hotel (Disney-owned, or Swan/Dolphin, or Shades of Green) the best MK day is 4/20, so you would swap MK and HS.

57 Karen { 02.21.17 at 10:37 pm }

Hey Dave!
My husband and I are going March 29th through April 7th for our 2 year anniversary. We’re trying to decide how do-able MK or Epcot would be on our actual anniversary, April 3rd. We’re pass holders, so we go quite a bit… Just wanting to spend our actual anniversary at one of our favorites. Opinions would be appreciated! 🙂

58 Dave { 02.23.17 at 6:42 am }

Hi Karen, April 3rd will be better at Epcot.

59 Melissa { 03.05.17 at 9:22 am }

Hi
We are arriving April 10-18. I know it will be crazy there. We are not buying hoppers and are staying on site. My teenagers are not super early risers so the 8AM EMH are going to torture us! We are usually a rope drop family. Question is – I usually avoid the parks with EMH because they tend to get more crowded. The week I am there everyday is an EMH except Thursday 4/13. I was thinking of doing MK that day but then I am thinking that every off site guest is thinking the same thing since it is the only day with EMH!!
I have this schedule so far:
4/11 AK
4/12 Epcot
4/13 MK
4/14 Maybe HS (we don’t care about the shows not being on)
4/15 either a break or HS if we don’t do it Friday
4/16 MK?
4/17 Epcot

How does this look? What is the best park to go to Easter Sunday? We don’t plan on going to EMH that day.

60 Dave { 03.06.17 at 8:26 am }

Hi Melissa! First, expect an April schedule update in a week or two which will, I suspect, change some of the normal opens from 9a to 8a, making your mornings even more poignant. Second, your basic approach sounds fine, including 4/13 at MK. Easter may be one of your best days, and I’d target AK or MK for it.

61 Melissa { 03.07.17 at 1:17 pm }

Thank you!!
We were actually going to change Easter Sunday to Epcot since we will be staying at the BW on Easter. I assumed MK is crazy Easter Sunday. Do you think it is better than Epcot?
Thanks!!

62 Dave { 03.08.17 at 10:32 am }

Melissa, Easter is OK–not great, but OK–in all the parks, because locals don’t come.

63 Kay { 03.09.17 at 11:14 pm }

Hello we are taking our 3 year old and are complete first timers.

April 2nd we fly in overnight

April 3rd arrive at 7am and head to check in and go to animal kingdom

April 4th relax day at hotel

April 5th Magic Kingdom

April 6th hollywood and head out late afternoon

Is this good. And we got 2 qs MeAL and 2 snacks is that good? I’m still so confused on how this all works

64 Dave { 03.11.17 at 8:17 am }

Kay, April 4 will be a much better day at the Magic Kingdom, so I’d swap your rest day and Magic Kingdom day. Do you know about FastPass+?? You need to book yours ASAP.

65 SANDY { 03.12.17 at 2:45 pm }

Disney april 25-30, 10th visit, 58 years young,just me.
what would you do? first time visit to epcot flower festival. would it be better to plan epcot for
weekend events? what are your favorite places to see and eat?

66 Dave { 03.13.17 at 11:28 am }

Sandy, Josh has been posting a bunch of reviews of the Festival foods. See this and a bunch of his previous posts. I’d avoid it Fridays-Mondays unless you really like the bands that are playing.

67 Gail { 03.16.17 at 11:54 am }

Hoping most Easter and Star Wars race crowds will be gone by day two or three of our trip. Heading down 4/21 – 4/29. Plans:
4/21 – Arriving at 8pm, Hotel
4/22 – AK
4/23 – MK
4/24 – Epcot
4/25 – Day Off
4/26 – HS
4/27 – MK
4/28 – EP
4/29 – Home

I think the only day I picked with EMH is 4/22 at AK, which is ok, we’ve got FP+ to our must do’s and breakfast and dinner ADR’s and FP+ to ROL with breakfsat.

Your thoughts? Thank you!!

68 Dave { 03.19.17 at 10:03 am }

Hi Gail, other than the issue you already noted this is fine!

69 Mel { 03.20.17 at 10:27 pm }

Hello,

Doing a lot of planning before the DisneyWorld trip next month. I am getting kinda nervous about the crowds as my family is going the days after Easter. We are booking the fastpasses as soon as the we (30 days as we are not on-site and therefore no early morning hours). Plan looks as follows:

April 18th – Epcot
April 19th – Rest
April 20th – AK
April 21st – Magic Kingdom
April 22nd – Rest
April 23 – Magic Kingdom

Any input or reassurances? Thanks

70 Dave { 03.21.17 at 9:36 am }

Mel, you will face strong crowds through Weds. You’ve picked several parks for days I would not recommend. Specifically,

4/18 avoid MK and Epcot
4/19 avoid MK
4/20 avoid Epcot
4/21 avoid MK
4/22 avoid MK and AK
4/23 avoid Epcot

I would pick your MK days first, then your Epcot day, then AK, and based on that get to:

4/18 AK
4/19 rest
4/20 MK
4/21 rest or Epcot
4/22 rest or Epcot
4/23 MK

71 Jack { 04.02.17 at 5:06 am }

Hello and thank you so much for all this. We are planning on arriving the night of 12th to Wilderness Lodge and doing MK on the 13th and 14th…these postings are making me question whether we should push the whole thing to June. Will it all be just brutal those two days?

72 Erika { 04.03.17 at 1:18 pm }

Hi. There are 8 of us arriving on 4/14 and leaving on 4/22 (we will be driving from Maryland). We will be planning out our days this week. What are your recommendations?

73 Dave { 04.04.17 at 10:55 am }

Jack, yes it will be brutal… I would go in June

74 Dave { 04.04.17 at 11:05 am }

Erika, do you have your FastPass+ yet?? That’s a pretty lousy week, especially if you are not staying at a WDW resort (so that you can use morning Extra Magic Hours).

If you are not at able to use EMH, there’s no particularly good day at Magic Kingdom. At Epcot, avoid Tuesday and Thursday. At Animal Kingdom, avoid Saturday and Monday. At Holy wood Studios, avoid Sunday.

If you are staying at a WDW resort (or Shades of Green or Swan or Dolphin), let me know, and I’ll be able to be a little more helpful

75 Amanda { 04.04.17 at 3:19 pm }

Hi Dave! We are staying at WL and planning to rope drop AK on April 23. I was just wondering if you think the Star Wars Half marathon will make that hard to accomplish? I’m not sure how much the travel time by bus, even if we get on the earliest one possible, will be affected.

76 Dave { 04.05.17 at 8:21 am }

Amanda, it will complicate the travel times and routing, but taking the earliest bus (ask the concierge the night before) should be enough. Everyone else except those staying at AKL (or off property to the west) will be in the same boat…or bus

77 Paige { 04.10.17 at 12:03 pm }

Hi! How do you think the crowds will be at Hollywood Studios on 4/29? Thank you.

78 Dave { 04.11.17 at 8:53 am }

Paige, my co-author Josh has HS as the most-recommended park that day. See this. Do you have your FastPass+ yet??

79 Paige { 04.13.17 at 6:21 pm }

Not yet. We’re Floridans with the 5 day military passes so I was trying to make sure the 29th was a good day to go before getting the fast passes seeing as we can go another time. My daughter has just been asking about Disney so trying to go soon. Thank you for the link Dave!

80 Dave { 04.14.17 at 1:09 pm }

🙂 Paige

81 rita { 04.17.17 at 9:34 pm }

Hi Dave, could you suggest the best parks to visit each day for my upcoming trip. I am staying on grounds, arriving late afternoon on April 21. We are staying till the 29 but not going to any parks on the 23rd. We have annual passes, a car and no children in our group Early morning, late nights and park hopping is not a problem.

82 Dave { 04.18.17 at 9:09 am }

Rita, see this from my co-author Josh’s site.