April 2015 at Walt Disney World

November   December   January   February   March   April    May   June

OVERVIEW: APRIL 2015 AT DISNEY WORLD

April 2015 at Walt Disney World from yourfirstvisit.netThis page reviews April 2015 Walt Disney World crowds, prices, deals and discounts, weather, and operating hours; adds a few other notes; and ends with week by week summaries.

Unless Easter is very late, the weeks before and after Easter are terrible times to go to Walt Disney World, with the highest prices and crowds outside of the week between Christmas and New Years. The period beginning a week after Easter, however, is a great time to go.

APRIL 2015 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Massive numbers of kids are on break the week beginning March 28, 2015 and even more the week after. I rank the week of the 28th 10/higher crowds and the week beginning April 4 as 11/highest crowds.

Crowds then diminish the rest of the month, as except for a few northeastern districts the spring break season is over.  I rank the weeks of the 11th and 18th as 4/low-plus crowds and the week of April 25th as 3/low crowds.

See this for more on 2015 crowds at Disney World.

APRIL 2015 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

On March 29 prices hit 75% higher than the lowest of the year at the values, and 45% higher at the moderates and deluxes.

On April 12, they drop to 16% higher at the deluxes,  20% higher at the moderates, and 25% higher at the values.  They stay at this level through late May.

See this for more on 2015 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.

APRIL 2015 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

As I write this, no deals are available for April 2015. Any that get released will be available here.

APRIL 2015 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

April weather completes the shift from the variable and cooler temperatures of winter to the warmer and more consistent temperatures of spring.

For example, at the beginning of April, 60% of the time the daily high will be between 72 and 87.  By the beginning of May, 60% of the time the daily high will be between 80 and 90.

All in, April weather is as good as it gets at Walt Disney World.

Disney World Temperatures and Percentile Distribution Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.

APRIL 2015 SPECIAL EVENTS

The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival continues throughout April.

APRIL 2015 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.

The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance.

These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:

WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR APRIL 2015 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE

The week rankings that follow below are from 2015 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.

Disney World 2015 Week Rankings from yourfirstvisit.net (960x1280)

Click the image for a calendar view of 2015 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)

MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Andrea { 10.10.14 at 9:03 pm }

With your help, I have planned the perfect fall Disney trip for our family–including the hardest to get FP+ and ADRs. Then, life happened, and now my husband is recovering from major surgery. It’s doubtful that he will be ready to travel in 15 days, so I’m making a backup plan for April 2015. We’re FL residents so this won’t be a once in a lifetime trip. But we’re not a Disney every year kind of family either. The trip is going to be 4-5 days in the parks, and I want our first day to be at MK. Our girls are 2 & 5, so EPCOT is not a must do. If we do 5 days, we may include it. Otherwise, it’ll be 2 days at MK and one each at HS and AK. I’m looking at late April when the crowd levels are lower.
Here are some options I came up with. Please let me know if you think one is better than the other or if you see a better option. Some of the biggies on our wish list are FP+ for A&E and SDMT and a meal at CRT and maybe BOG (all of which I scored for our Oct. trip :o/)
Option 1: 4 days 4/28-5/1 MK, MK, AK, HS *the downside of this is I don’t know if I’ll be able to get those hard FP+ so early in the trip
Option 2: 5 days 4/24-4/28 MK, EP, HS, AK, MK
Option 3: 5 days 4/29-5/3 MK, AK, MK, EP, HS
This is based on the assumption that the first few days of May will follow the same basic schedule as late April…is that safe to assume?

2 Andrea { 10.10.14 at 9:31 pm }

DON’T ANSWER MY LAST POST BEFORE READING THIS! :o)
I just realized a few things after posting…
1. 5 day FL resident tickets aren’t an option.
2. 4/24-4/28 includes dates that are blocked out for FL resident tix

So, now I think I’m choosing between
Option 1: 4/28-5/1 MK, MK, AK, HS
Option 2: 4/29-5/2 MK, AK, MK, HS (Easy WDW has HS red on his crowd calendar…but how bad would this really be if we’re not going to be doing RR and Tower of Terror?)
Option 3: 4/29-5/3 MK, AK, MK, no park, HS

Am I missing anything? What do you think is my best bet? Thanks, again!

3 Dave { 10.11.14 at 9:58 am }

Andrea, I won’t be able to give you good advice until the May calendar is out–which it likely will be within the week. So ping back at me next weekend??

4 Andrea { 10.11.14 at 5:00 pm }

Will do. Thanks!

5 Andrea { 10.16.14 at 11:34 pm }

Here’s your “ping”. I noticed Josh at EasyWDW has a May calendar up. Is that official or just his best guess? Just get back to me when you’re able. Thx!

6 Dave { 10.17.14 at 8:26 am }

Yup, that’s official, Andrea, the calendar came out earlier this week. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/10/13/may-2015-at-walt-disney-world/ You cna use Josh’s best and worst parks by day in his calendar to sort your out!

7 Andrea { 10.18.14 at 6:24 pm }

OK, I have narrowed my April/May trip down to two options. I definitely want to start the trip at MK. It’s also important that we get to see A&E and we would REALLY like to eat at CRT.

Option 1: April 26-April 29 MK, AK/MK, HS, MK

Option 2: April 28-May 1 MK, MK, AK/EP, HS

So, here’s my dilemma…
Option 1 starts on a red MK day, but our 2nd full day at MK would be the last day of our trip. That would make it more likely to get my desired reservations. Option 2 has us going to all “green” parks, but MK is our first two days. Which do you think our best bet? Will MK on a red day be crazy?

8 Andrea { 10.18.14 at 8:14 pm }

Just came up with Option 3 that would involve some extra park hopping, but may help out in the “green” area. We’ll probably going back to the room for a break most afternoons anyway with our 2 and 5 year olds so going to the same or different park shouldn’t really matter, right?
Option 3: April 26-29
MK/HS, AK/EP or rest, HS/MK, MK

9 Dave { 10.19.14 at 8:40 am }

Frankly, Andrea, the combination of FastPass+ and early morning arrivals makes red days a little less relevant than they used to be. People have little luck getting A&E on any day–so many bang the system at 12.01 am 60 days out that it’s hard to snag these. So I would book CRT for when you can and then fill in your park days based on that…

10 ANDY { 10.23.14 at 12:33 am }

HI,i would like to know what to expect for waiting time in line at mk on the 18 of abril 2015,on the calender its not the best day but since it past 2 week after easter maybe MK will not be to crowded.

11 Dave { 10.23.14 at 10:15 am }

Andy, while that is a low crowd week, Saturdays are very busy at the Magic Kingdom.

12 Andrea { 10.25.14 at 11:08 pm }

I don’t think I’m going to have trouble booking CRT for my stay the last week of April. I’ve looked over the past week, well past 6 am, and have found available times. For that I am grateful. Now, I’m floundering about which dates to go. If you were going the last week of April and wanted to do parks for 4 consecutive days starting at MK…which parks would you do on which day? 2 days at MK, 1 AK, 1 HS, (we may squeeze in an evening at EP), and we’ll have park hopper.

13 Dave { 10.26.14 at 10:33 am }

Andrea, what date will be your first full day?

14 Andrea { 10.26.14 at 6:28 pm }

Haha, that’s my problem….I can’t decide which day to start. I’m currently booked at Pop from 4/25-5/1, but I’m probably going to change that to 5 nights once I settle on a starting date. Also, we’re driving so I don’t have any flights or anything to worry about. Would you recommend Sun-Wed, Mon-thurs, or Tues-Fri?

15 Dave { 10.27.14 at 6:38 am }

Andrea, just on crowds Tues-Fri is the best time to be there! Those dates MK is great the 28th, 29th and 1st, Epcot the 29th and 30th, HS every day, and AK every day but Weds

16 Andrea { 10.27.14 at 9:37 am }

Thx Dave! Those are the days I wanted, but my hubby preferred only missing 4 days of work. I went with Sun-Weds and got all of my dining reservations this morning. Any day in Disney is a great one :o)

17 Dave { 10.29.14 at 7:51 am }

Great, Andrea!!

18 andy { 10.31.14 at 4:33 pm }

hi again,what are the best days and the worst day to go to disneys water parks ,i will be between april 18 to abril 24,

19 Dave { 11.01.14 at 5:15 pm }

Hi Andy, so sorry, but I don’t track the water parks