By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

Walt Disney World in 2012

When to Go      Future Crowds      Home      How to Use this Site      FAQ

2012 AT DISNEY WORLD

Below, I comment on the main topics for Walt Disney World in 2012.

DISNEY WORLD PACKAGES FOR 2012

Disney’s 2012 prices came out in June.

You can book a Disney World hotel room up to 500 days in advance. That’s about 71 weeks, or 16 and a half months. That means all of 2012 is bookable and much of 2013.

DISNEY WORLD DEALS IN 2012

Several 2012 deals are out, covering periods into late September. For these and for other 2012 Disney World deals, promotions, and discounts as they emerge, see the Walt Disney World deals and discounts page of this site.

Walt Disney World offers specials, discounts, packages deals, and other deals only when, based on its booking rates, it believes it can profitably bump demand by doing so.

The windows it provides for such deals seem to range from a month to nine months ahead. Given this, the more the economy seems to be doing OK, the shorter the notice for these deals likely will be.

DISNEY WORLD MILITARY DISCOUNTS IN 2012

Military families can take advantage of a 2012 Military Salute. For more, see this.

FREE DINING AT DISNEY WORLD IN 2012

Disney World is offering free dining for late August through late September 2012.   See this for more.

BEST WEEKS TO VISIT DISNEY WORLD IN 2012

I’ve provided my view of the best times to visit Disney World in 2012 in my 2012 weeks to visit Walt Disney World, ranked in order.

For personalizing your dates, see the 2012 Disney World week picker.

CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD IN 2012

My 2012 Disney World crowd calendar is here.

NEW ATTRACTIONS AT DISNEY WORLD IN 2012

After not much new at Disney World in 2011, Disney has big plans for 2012.

The major new stuff expected at Walt Disney World in 2012 include Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid and the Be Our Guest restaurant, both part of Disney’s Fantasyland expansion plans, and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, a new value resort, which is booking rooms for stays beginning at the end of May 2012.

I haven’t seen solid opening dates for any of the new rides, and expect Disney World’s new 2012 attractions to open October 2012 or later.

Note that Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid will not be impressive enough to merit influencing when you go.

I don’t expect to see a lot of changes related to Disney’s NextGen project in 2012 other than the continuing redevelopment of Disney World queues to make waiting in line more fun.

QUEEN BEDS AT THE MODERATE RESORTS IN 2012

Queen beds have been in at Disney’s Coronado Springs resort for while, and were installed in Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside in 2011.

Based on this trend, they may be going in to Caribbean Beach in 2012.

MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD

1 Bo Green { 04.06.11 at 12:57 am }

Do you know when Gay Week at Disney World will happen in 2012?

2 Dave { 04.06.11 at 9:05 am }

Hi Bo–it’ll be May 29 to June 4.

3 Kristen { 04.21.11 at 2:51 pm }

Hi Dave. As many people have viewed this website and others, do you think many resorts will be booked early?

4 Dave { 04.21.11 at 4:46 pm }

Hi again Kristen!!

I’m just a little website, and hardly anyone knows that you can book 500 days ahead–my readsers tell me that even some Disney reservationists and travel agents don’t know! Many people think they have to wait to book 2012 til when Disney announces 2012 rates, which, based on past behaviour, will be in early August. So you probably don’t need to worry about hotels starting to get booked for 2012 til early August…

5 Minister Dora Pierce { 09.26.11 at 2:11 pm }

Trying to raise money for 7 childrens (ages: 3,6,8,11,12,13,14; 5 boys, 2 girls)and 5 adults looking betwn June -Aug for stay total package. Can you seen me a brochure or connect with someone that i can corresponse with concerning this matter. If you have any good fund-raising ideas i would appreciate the help. Need to start booking for next year. Thank you in advance.

6 Dave { 09.26.11 at 2:31 pm }

Hi Minister Pierce, I sorry but I don’t have any good ideas for you. (Note that I’m just a guy with a site, and have no affiliation with Disney at all.) I’d think standard fundraising techniques would be the way to go…

7 Heidi { 09.30.11 at 4:08 pm }

Hi there!

from what I’ve seen on this post, I am now wondering if I could request the free dining plan – we (family of 4 plus 2 grandparents) are arriving Feb 15, 2012 for a 4 night stay (check out 2/19) – my Dad got us the military discount on tickets – but if we bought one day of base park tickets with the hotel reservation (Port Orleans), could we get the free dining? It would be worth 4 or 5 days of free dining to have to pay for a one-day park ticket! Does this sound right?!!

8 Dave { 10.01.11 at 1:37 pm }

Hi Heidi! Yes, that should work, but you might want to work with a travel agent to help you convert the Port Orleans reservation to the free dining plan. Use the form at the lower right if you need a recommendation!

9 pipsmom { 11.08.11 at 4:30 pm }

Hi Dave
We are just about to book seratoga springs at a 45% discount on one bed villa, plus free dining, $150 micky money and 14 days ultimate park tickets for price of 7 days – to stay halloween 2012 (2 adults one 5 year old child) – does this deal sound like the best we can hope for and therefore worth the less convenient/ interesting hotel or should we wait for new year and hope Wilderness lodge villas are reduced to our budget?
Thanks for all your info – as first timers we really need our hands held!!!

10 Dave { 11.08.11 at 5:15 pm }

Hi Pipsmom!

A somewhat nosy question–are you outside the US? As that’s a deal structure I’ve not seen offered here. Add if so, I don’t know what other kinds of deals might be on offer in the future for you…

That said, I doubt WL Villas will be ever be reduced to that rate, as there are many fewer of them and they are in much higher demand…so I’d take it!

Glad the site is helping!

11 Jenifer the Disney Pro Agent { 12.27.11 at 6:26 pm }

I am a travel agent and one who is also a Disney Specialist. I would love to help anyone who may have any questions. Another misconception is that you pay a travel agent…..Disney pays us and it cost you the same as if you bought it yourself. Plus I can meet or beat just about any price you find ANYWHERE. EliteTravelAdventure@gmail.com

12 Dave { 12.27.11 at 7:12 pm }

Thanks Jenifer!

13 Kim Scism { 03.29.12 at 6:03 pm }

Our High School Band York Comprehensive High School from York,SC is in Florida and will be marching in the parade tonight In the Disneys Magical Days of Music. Do you know if it will be covered on TV? Disney channel or local TV station? If local what is the name of your local news station there so I can look it up on the internet. Thanks.

14 Kim Scism { 03.29.12 at 6:09 pm }

Never Mind. saw you have no affiliation with Disney.

15 Kim Chisholm-Godshalk { 04.26.12 at 2:09 pm }

We are going to Disney World from Sept. 28-Oct. 5. Do you have any idea what will be open in the new Fantasyland.

16 Dave { 04.26.12 at 2:40 pm }

Hi Kim! Beyond what’s already open (dumbo, Goofini, train station) no one knows. Disney has a big press event going on tomorrow–maybe today too–so more may come out soon…

17 Kim Chisholm-Godshalk { 04.26.12 at 3:54 pm }

OK!! I’ll be keeping an eye out for any news:)

18 dean moriale { 05.20.12 at 12:37 pm }

How To Get Into Disney Original? (frome india)

19 Dave { 05.20.12 at 1:28 pm }

Dean, I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your question…

20 Fernando { 12.30.12 at 10:26 am }

Hi, I would like to know the price for the new year’s eve party at epcot center.
Thanks

21 Dave { 12.30.12 at 10:58 am }

Fernando there’s no special price to be at Epcot–just the normal price of a park ticket. For those prices, see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/06/03/disney-world-ticket-prices-2012-to-summer-2013/

New year’s Eve can be a complete zoo. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/05/21/new-years-eve-20122013-at-walt-disney-world/