By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2018, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here.

Summary of Current Walt Disney World Deals and Discounts

CURRENT DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Deals, Discounts and Special Offers for Walt Disney World from yourfirstvisit.net

DISNEY WORLD DEALS AND DISCOUNTS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC

Deals are available for January 1 through mid-April 2018, and need to be booked by January 2, 2018. See this page for more details.

For a few more days, room rate savings of up to 20% are available for many dates in October, November and December.   Details on this deal are here.

OTHER DISNEY WORLD DEALS AND MONEY-SAVING IDEAS

• For current military deals and discounts,  see this
  • For many other ideas and resources for finding deals and discounts, see this

The 2017 easy Guide

Kelly B Can Help You Book Your Trip

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Lenita { 07.30.12 at 12:39 pm }

Family of 4 (2adults, 2kids (age 10), May 5/20-5/24 (flexible dates), 1st Disney trip…I would like to know which is better for 1st timers on/off grounds and should we choose a dinner plan/wing it?…

2 Dave { 07.30.12 at 1:28 pm }

Hi Lenita, my advice would vary a bit depending on whether or not you would be able to return later in a year or so. If so it doesn’t much matter; if not, I’d both stay on site and try the dining plan. See this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/where-to-stay/ and also this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/how-to-eat/

3 Lily { 08.01.12 at 2:03 pm }

Dining plan in the long run will save you money and allow you to try restaurants that you probably won’t if you are paying out of pocket.

4 Andy { 08.11.12 at 12:14 pm }

Hey Dave,
I am taking my wife and two kids to Disneyworld from January 30 – February 9th. In the past we have gotten a free dining package, but have never stayed for this long. On the site, it says that dining packages are good for 7 day/6 night stays. Does this mean at least 6 nights or only 6 nights? If a dining package is offered, we are hoping to get it for our whole stay.

5 Dave { 08.12.12 at 7:51 am }

Hi Andy, there’s minimum stays associated with the deals, but so long as your arrival dates fits, you can stay as long as you wish and not only can get the deal for the full length of your stay, but are required to! They put up the 7/6 stuff to encourage people to longer stays, not because it’s the only length you can buy!

6 Andy { 08.13.12 at 11:06 pm }

Great, thanks!!! You are very helpful and I appreciate the tips and fast responses!

7 Carl { 08.13.12 at 11:35 pm }

Will be taking family (two U10 kids) in Spring 2013. Will be staying off-property 4/24-4/28 to do some other area attractions first, then transferring to a WDW Resort 4/29-5/5. Am looking at Beach Club or BC-Villas (stormalong for kids & Epcot area convenience key drivers). Renting DVC points to get 1-bed villa is about the same price as standard BC room, however believe Disney might come out with discounts later this year for this time given past history. Will have a car while staying off property initially, but plan on losing it & using resort transportation while on property. Have been to parks a couple years ago, and will likely return in a couple more years. Did not go to TL or BB last time – would these even be needed if Stormalong is available to the kids?
Should I book the 1-bed villa now to guarantee, or play chicken with potential discounts? Would love to hold out and grab discounted club level at BC or free dining plan. Any thoughts (or alternate ideas) on any portion of this greatly appreciated

8 Dave { 08.14.12 at 7:40 am }

Andy, you’re welcome, glad to help!

9 Dave { 08.14.12 at 7:43 am }

Carl, that’s a tough call…the 1 bed is so much more comfortable than a standard room–and BVC points so hard to rent–that if I were in your shoes I’d rent points for the villa.

Stormalong Bay is a great pool, but it’s not a substitute for a waterpark unless your kids have never been to one…

10 Carl { 08.14.12 at 1:36 pm }

Our preference would actually be the BC std room with a dining plan over the villa without the plan (at least for the same $$) – we don’t spend many (awake) hours in the room & dining plan beats groceries/cooking hands down for convenience. What are the odds of Disney offering discounts for this time period? From looking at your chart, they would not announce until Oct-Dec of this year anyway.

Thanks,
C

11 Dave { 08.14.12 at 4:49 pm }

Carl, odds are tough to quote–I think there’s been some discount or other for the equivalent week every year for several years now, but Disney by policy is cutting back on the number and scope of discounts it offers.

If I had to bet, I’d bet better than 50-50 that there will be a discount…

12 Jennifer { 08.22.12 at 12:24 pm }

Dave, do you think that there will be any discounts in the month of December 2012. My husband and I are going for our anniversery. I have only been one other time and we would like to stay on property this time. Any ideas? We have season passes and are Flordia residents.

13 Dave { 08.22.12 at 12:48 pm }

Hey Jennifer, there’s already one out–see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/12/free-dining-plan-disney-world-fall-2012/ I’d expect to see another room rate discount out as well…perhaps announced soon!

14 Tina { 09.06.12 at 12:05 pm }

First of I want to say I love your site. I’ve been to Disney multiple times but this is the first time I am going around Christmas and your site has helped tremendously. My soon-to-be husband and I are going for our Honeymoon :). We were planning on going from 12/6/12-12/16/12 because that seems to be the least crowded according to your calendars and recommendations. However, if we check in on 12/10 and stay until 12/20 we could get the free dining plan. I was just wondering what you think would be a better idea. Less crowds or the free dining plan. We looked into paying for the Dining plan the earlier week but think we’d spend less money in just purchasing food than we will on the Dining plan. Resort wise we are still between an All Star to save money or splurging a little and staying at the Caribbean Beach. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated 🙂

15 Dave { 09.07.12 at 6:45 am }

Hi Tina and thanks! I don’t see crowds really building until the 20th itself–see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/17/disney-world-crowds-2013-christmasnew-years-crowds-20122013/ –so you should be fine moving your date!

If you do end up in a value resort, among the All-Stars shoot for Music, but I think you’ll likely find Pop or Art of Animation better than any of the All-Stars. For why Music, see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/08/24/personal-favorites-the-value-resorts/ and this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/06/26/the-most-romantic-walt-disney-world-resorts/ For more on the value resorts in general, see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/08/04/the-value-resorts-at-walt-disney-world/

16 Andy { 09.08.12 at 3:38 pm }

I have been waiting for 2013 deals to be released for the January/February timeframe but no word yet. I have been reading blogs saying they may not be offering deals early next year because they are usually released in August. Is there any truth to this?

17 Dave { 09.08.12 at 3:46 pm }

Hey Andy, there’s not really much “usually” when it comes to Disney.

For example, going back to 2008 announcement for Jan 2009, January deals have been announced in December, November, September, and August. You can see this here: http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

That said, if I were Disney I’d delay January deals this year until I had a clear sense of the impact of the New Fantasyland on early 2013 bookings… which suggests they may not come out for a while….

18 Annette { 09.21.12 at 7:46 pm }

I am very happy to have stumbled upon your site. I have a couple of questions. My husband, daughter (7 yrs old) and I are heading to Disney World Nov.28-Dec.10. We are currently booked at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista for the 12 days. I just found out that the Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms have recently opened up. We stayed at the Holiday Inn for our last (first Disney trip) visit and enjoyed the hotel & staff. The hotel deal we got includes breakfast and the shuttle to the Disney parks. I understand that the Mermaid rooms only offer two double beds. My husband is 6’4 tall. Do you think he will he be able to fit on a double bed if I share the other bed with my daughter? How big are those rooms? My dilema is should we change our reservation to stay all 12 nights in the Mermaid room, split the nights between the two hotels or just leave us at the Holiday Inn. What is your feeling about the Mermaid rooms? Does the resort offer enough to keep my daughter happy? I think there are movies every night. My daughter is absolutely crazy about mermaids. It is all she talks about. She has never seen a Disney hotel–only the plain Holiday Inn. Do you think it is worth it to switch?
Thanks

19 Dave { 09.22.12 at 10:36 am }

Hi Annette! I’ll be publishing a review of these rooms tomorrow, but they are small–certainly smaller than those in the holiday inn. That said, they, and their general environment, are deeply themed–see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/09/19/little-mermaid-rooms-art-animation-not-girly-not-far/

On the bed size question–sure he can. The beds are 6’3″ long, but the diagonal measure–if he puts his head in one corner and his feet in the other–is 7 feet, 8.5 inches!

I would switch just so you can test the Disney resort experience at a low cost!

20 Tanja { 09.26.12 at 4:37 pm }

Hi Dave, my son and his girlfriend (both21) are travelling to WDW next week. The holiday is a present and they are travelling from England but don’t want to drive in Florida as they are used to driving on the left side of the road. How easy and safe is it to call for taxis? I assume they can get the hotel reception desk to call cabs/taxis? They want to go to Universal and Seaworld, possibly some shopping and I am nervous that they haven’t got their own transport.

21 Dave { 09.26.12 at 5:41 pm }

Hi Tanja, cabs are easy to call. If they are staying at WDW hotels, each has a cab rank near the front!

22 Tanja { 09.30.12 at 6:19 pm }

Thanks Dave, we have stayed in the Saratoga and Key West before and somehow I can’t remember cab ranks there. But I might have been to excited to be here and didn’t pay attention!

23 Stacey Lewis { 10.02.12 at 4:51 am }

Hi Dave
Hoping you can help me, on the disney world website it has an ad saying stay and play package on one of the pictures that flash up at you. when you go into this it has a package called Room ticket and dining for 6 nights at $2771. could you please help in anyway as I have tryed to call disney and they no nothing about it. It falls in the dates that we are going but when I try and do the price on there website it gives me the same price I was looking at a couple of weeks ago. This is so frustrating that disney don’t even know what they have on there website they were not very helpful, so hoping you may know somthing. Thanks Love your website

24 Dave { 10.02.12 at 6:37 am }

Stacey, I’m not sure what’s going on, but one possibility is that the hotel you’ve picked has sold out for this deal for your dates. Rooms made available for deals are limited and do sell out. Disney’s website does not go way out of its way to tell you this–it just prices based on regular prices, not deal prices.

There’s only once current deal, and it’s here: http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=fy13q1room&market=fy13q1room

25 Ro { 10.03.12 at 9:35 pm }

My family is excited about planning our first trip to Disney…..son 6yrs old and daughter 4 yrs old. Excited but a bit overwhelmed. After reading your site I think we would like to stay at the Polynesian. We intend to visit Disney in May 2013, when do you think we should consider booking the trip? Also, my son has several food allergies do you have insight into which resorts are more accommodating for people with food allergies or does Disney overall try to accommodate no matter where you stay?

26 Dave { 10.04.12 at 6:56 am }

Hi Ro, Disney is probably the best vacation spot in the world regarding food allergies, both in the parks and at all its hotels… suggest you get a copy of this so you find out how to work with them ahead of time: PassPorter’s Open Mouse for Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise Line: Easy Access Vacations for Travelers with Extra Challenges Regarding booking, the Poly is quite popular, so I’d book as soon as you can…

27 Louise E. Riggs { 11.18.12 at 4:52 pm }

We are coming to Disney World Feb. 10th-16th 2013. We are taking our grandchildren ages 4 girl and 6 boy, and their parents, so there will be 6 total. They have never been, and are counting down the days. We are on a fixed income and want this to be a memorable vacation. What would be a good value for us as a family. We would love to have a 3 bedroom condo. Thanks.

28 Dave { 11.19.12 at 7:10 am }

Hi Louise! On WDW property it’s very hard to find 3 bedroom space that is also affordable. The best match at lowest cost is the Treehouses at Saratoga Springs. See https://yourfirstvisit.net/2009/08/16/review-the-treehouses-at-disneys-saratoga-springs-resort-and-spa/ and the floor plan. Pretax rates for your period begin at $709/night but shoot up later.

All less expensive WDW options for six have only two sleeping spaces–see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/12/15/lower-priced-options-for-large-families-at-walt-disney-world/

29 shelley { 12.04.12 at 4:09 pm }

Hi!! I am really really wanting to bring my family to disney. I am thinking may 26-31 2013, but i am not seeing any free dining plan for the art of animation or if i would have to stay at one of the others just to get the free dining. Would you happen to know if disney will have any kind of discounts or free dining for a tight budget. Thanks!!

30 Dave { 12.04.12 at 6:11 pm }

Hi Shelley–there are no discounts out now for dates beyond early March. More will likely come out in a month or so–and they may include free dining–but the current deal set does not, so I would not bet on it. Memorial Day week is also a crowded period…take a look at this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2009/12/21/the-tightwads-guide-to-when-to-go-to-walt-disney-world/

31 Terri { 12.27.12 at 5:57 pm }

Got an e-mail that there’s a new deal available for Disney Visa cardholders, that will be available to the general public starting Jan 3 2013. Its for up to 30% off WDW resort hotels, stays 2/18-3/23 and 4/2-6/14/2013.

32 Dave { 12.27.12 at 5:58 pm }

Thanks a million, Terri!!! I’ll post about that tomorrow–with a tip of the hat to you!

33 Deb { 12.30.12 at 10:09 am }

Thank you so much for this site, it’s very helpful! I’d like your advice about where to stay for our upcoming trip 1/21-1/23. This will be our 2nd trip to disney – last time we did MK and Epcot, this time we want to see AK and perhaps MK for the updated Fantasyland (worth it?). Family is 2 adults and 3 kids (7,7,5). I see you recommend Poly – would that still be the case if we were doing a full day AK and a second day MK? I’ve looked at AKLodge, but for a family of 5 pricing seems very high for a quick visit…

34 Dave { 12.30.12 at 10:56 am }

Hi Deb!

Fantasyland is worth it, especially Enchanted Tales with Belle, whihc you should see first thing. See this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/12/26/review-enchanted-tales-belle/

There are no hotels near AK that can fit a family of five unless you want to pay a ton for a DVC one bedroom villa at AKL. Standard AKL rooms only fit 4.. The only room that fits five but doesn’t break the bank is the Alligator Bayou section of POR. See this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/11/19/review-port-orleans-riverside-alligator-bayou-rooms/ It’s not near either, but is half or less the price of deluxes like the Poly that fit 5…

35 Julie Stone { 01.12.13 at 4:55 pm }

Does anyone know if free dining will be back for this fall/winter 2013. We are looking to coming Nov. 30th – December 8th. We are military and normally stay at Shades of Green but this year we are looking into more options for our family.

36 Kevin Patton { 01.12.13 at 7:20 pm }

I’m brining my girlfriend Monday jan 14 surprise her wi a trip to Disney land she has never been in life. We are driving 12 hours to get their. I need someone to help me out with best ticket deals and is their a way for me to get any free tickets are anything to help our trip out. I wanted this to be the best trip. It’s also our 3 years being together wanted celebrate it here.

37 Dave { 01.13.13 at 10:37 am }

Julie, no one knows except Disney. My guess is not…

38 Dave { 01.13.13 at 10:42 am }

Hi Kevin, there’s very little in the way of deals, but take a look at this: http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/disney-world-ticket-pass-discounts/

39 Francyn { 01.23.13 at 4:30 pm }

We have enjoyed staying at the parks and off site. We have found that there are INCREDIBLE deals on VRBO.com to rent a villa very close to the parks. Just booked a 5 bedroom 4 bathroom 2200 ft2 villa with pool and game room for $110/night. And if you are looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom or an efficiency, they are really cheap. It’s a great affordable way to stay and save money on food too.

40 Dave { 01.23.13 at 5:49 pm }

Thanks, Francyn! See this, especially the second page: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/01/27/the-tightwads-guide-to-staying-off-site-at-walt-disney-world/

BTW, I edited out your further comment about parking, as that lot is often closed except to people on campground business if WDW, or the campground, is busy…

41 Corinne { 01.26.13 at 9:24 pm }

We are considering taking our 8 year old son to DisneyWorld for his first trip the last week in May. We would like to stay on the property & can only afford a few days. Looking for any ticket, teacher, and or police-related discounts. Also any advice for must-see and must- do activities. It’s been a decade at least since I was last there. Thanks!

42 Dave { 01.27.13 at 5:42 am }

Hi Corrine, first that’s a pretty crowded week. Are there any other times you can go? See this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/10/16/may-2013-walt-disney-world/

There’s a general public discount out right now for those dates that will save on on-property rooms. See this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/01/03/new-walt-disney-world-discount-mid-february-through-mid-june-2013/ I’m not aware of any teacher or police discounts. For small savings on tickets, see this: http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/disney-world-ticket-pass-discounts/

Seeing everything at Disney World takes 6 hard days. And an 8 year old can enjoy pretty much everything…so you will need ot focus. I’d suggest at least two days at the Magic Kingdom, and then visits to the pother parks depending on how many more days you can afford. For the must-see rides and show, see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/03/09/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-rides-and-attractions/

Must-do activities are trickier as they cost more. See one of my itineraries for an example, e.g. this one: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/12/06/summer-itinerary-for-walt-disney-world-v2/

Hope this helps a bit!

43 Tara { 03.09.13 at 9:57 pm }

My husband and I want to take our 3 and 1 year old sons to WDW in Sept 2013. Which week would you suggest? What activities/hotels would you advise? And are there any deals for that time? Many thanks in advance!

44 Dave { 03.10.13 at 8:19 am }

Hi Tara! There’s no deals out right now for after early June. If any come out, they’ll be here: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/03/29/walt-disney-worlds-latest-spring-and-summer-deal/

For my thoughts on September, see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/02/25/september-2013-at-walt-disney-world/

I focus on much older kids, (see this for why: https://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/how-oldtall-your-children-should-be/ so don’t have much help for kids that young. You can find some thoughts here however: http://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/touring-plans?utm_campaign=referral&utm_medium=website&utm_source=yourfirstvisit&utm_content=r1&property_id=1

45 eddie { 03.25.13 at 6:40 pm }

Do 55 years and older get a special price for daily passes at WDW in April 2013 and are these access restrictive?

46 Dave { 03.26.13 at 7:40 am }

Eddie, there’s no age-based special pricing except for kids under 10 and under 3.

47 cassie { 04.02.13 at 8:29 pm }

Hi dave we were going to plan for a september vacation but we are now waiting until next april to hopefully see fantasy land completed. My question is I have been doing research on here and the weeks of april that look good to me are the 13th the 20th and the 27th just wanted to make sure that weather isn’t too hot around that time we have a 5 and 4 year old and don’t want us all to sweat out during our stay.my next question is we were planning on staying at the nick hotel since wdw ones are a little pricey but the nice thing is that they include the dining plans and the nick hotel doesn’t. Do you think we will be spending the difference in price with the food spending anyway?

48 Dave { 04.03.13 at 8:06 am }

Cassie, because of the date of Easter next year, there’s some really horrible weeks in April 2014. So be very careful–sere this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/10/15/2014-weeks-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-order/

The weather then–while it can be all over the place–is typically very nice. See this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-to-go/next-best-dates/weather-and-when-to-go/high-temperatures-year-round/

The Disney dining plan, these days, saves very little money, so I would not factor that much into your decisions about there to stay!!

49 stephanie { 04.26.13 at 12:35 am }

We are looking to come the week of nov 11, 2013. How are crowds typically that week?

50 Dave { 04.26.13 at 1:09 pm }

Hi Stephanie! In 2013, crowds are great that week–see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/09/12/disney-world-crowds-in-2013/

51 Sonal { 04.29.13 at 8:49 am }

Hi dave,
Am planning to visit Disneyworld around 1st June, 2013, is that a good time?….What should be the ideal length of stay …I have 2 gals : 5 and 3.5……We are from India ….Will a 3-4 day itinerary make sense ?

52 Dave { 04.29.13 at 9:36 am }

Hi Sonal, that’s a pretty crowded week.

See this for when to go: https://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-to-go/next-best-dates/best-and-worst-times-to-visit/

See this for how old and tall your kids should be if this will be their only visit: https://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/how-oldtall-your-children-should-be/

How long to stay is a factor of age and whether or not this will be their only visit. Kids that age can focus just on the Magic Kingdom and have a great visit with three mornings, an afternoon, and an evening. If you have more time, add a morning each at the Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

Hope this helps!

53 Lindsey { 07.02.13 at 10:23 pm }

I hope this doesn’t get posted 2 times. I can’t seemed to find my original post anywhere. Do you know when Disney typically releases dining discounts for December? We are headed down 12/9-12/14. Thanks!!!

54 Dave { 07.03.13 at 7:59 am }

Hi Lindsey! Your original question is here, with my response right after: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/12/02/2013-cheat-sheet-walt-disney-world/#comment-398387

55 harry { 07.27.13 at 9:25 am }

Hey Dave im from the not so sunny side of Manchester in the UK. me the wife and our two daughters who will be aged 7 and 3 will be coming to stay for two weeks and the fixed dates are 22/05/2014 to 05/05/2014. any suggestions and recommendations. i plan to stay on site at the Caribbean resort and have the dining plan included.

56 Dave { 07.27.13 at 3:15 pm }

Hi Harry, there’s not much I can add right now other than starting at the home page and working your way down as much as you can, as I don’t usually have much to say until Disney publishes its calendars–which for May, it won’t for about three months.

So check back in in 3 months?

57 Kelli { 08.06.13 at 10:50 pm }

Great site Dave! So…I’m scared!! We are headed to Disney 12/27/13-1/3/14! It will be my husband, me and our three 8 year olds! And our first time bringing them…we are staying at a timeshare resort outside of Disney. I’m thinking we will do three days at parks and three hanging out at the resort and non-Disney fun. What days should we absolutely avoid MK? What other parks should we do? If we do MK on new years eve what should our game plan be? Thanks!

58 Dave { 08.07.13 at 8:06 am }

Kelli, given your dates and flexibility I’d do my best just to avoid 12/31 and earlier in the parks.

I have no useful suggestions for an off-site visitor on the 31st other than go to AK.

I’d go to MK the 1st, anywhere but MK the 2nd.

For why I have so little to suggest see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/05/16/new-years-eve-20132014-at-walt-disney-world/ and also this (about 2012, but the principles apply to 2013 as well: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/12/04/coping-disney-world-holiday-crowds/

59 Carmen Bailey { 08.20.13 at 12:41 pm }

Hi Dave, I hope you can help with this. When will or will there be any discounts for spring 2014? We are planning on a trip spring break 03/09/14 thru 03/14/14. There are six of us traveling and will need a joining rooms. I know that most package deals are for 2 adults one junior and a child. What is the age breakdown on junior and child? We have 3 18 and over plus a 17, 5, and a 2 yr old at the time of the trip. Any help would be great.

60 Dave { 08.21.13 at 9:01 am }

Hi Carmen! My guess is that there will be a room rate deal that your dates might be eligible for. It may well look like this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/07/17/disney-world-room-rate-deal-for-2014/

Any family structure is eligible for deals. The only reason you see the “two adults one junior…” stuff is so that Disney can price it in its marketing.

61 Kathy { 09.23.13 at 7:58 pm }

We have three families planning our trip to Wdw in 2015 which I know is a little time away. We are hoping to do ordinate some of the trip with our Australian school holidays so have been considering march/April. We have two weeks set aside. Easter will be 5th April that year and do I was wondering given spring break, what would be the best time??? Thanjs

62 Dave { 09.24.13 at 7:34 am }

Kathy, in March and April 2015, the best time to visit will be the second half of April–the 12th and later.

Well then mosey on over to the home page, and like it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest!

63 Marianne { 11.10.13 at 11:22 am }

Hi myself and two other adults are visiting Florida next March (7th -21st is when flights are booked) however it seems a lot of offers dont cover this period? Is this a peak holiday for Florida area? I’m not too sure how the US holidays work so im pretty confused!

what do you suggest for 3 adults who want to visit during those dates?

64 Dave { 11.11.13 at 8:19 am }

Marianne, yes that’s a peak period for spring break visits. See this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/08/14/disney-world-crowds-spring-break-2014/

65 Mary { 11.24.13 at 10:01 pm }

hi, i want to go to magic kingdom for new year 2014, i have to buy a special ticket?? i have to buy now or can i buy there in that day?

66 Dave { 11.25.13 at 6:37 am }

Mary, it’s the same ticket as for any other day. I would not buy in person, as the lines for doing so may be really long, since it is such a wildly crowded day. So buy ahead of time!

67 Kate { 12.26.13 at 6:46 pm }

Hi Dave!
I am planning a honeymoon trip to WDW in mid to late August 2014. I was wondering – do you know of any added perks that may come our way due to it being our honeymoon? And how would I go about “getting” these perks? 🙂 I hope I don’t come off as greedy – I just really want it to be a special trip. My husband and I have been saving for a long time, and with our hope to purchase a home in the next year, it hasn’t been and won’t be easy to go! It has been our goal to visit WDW together since we met! Thanks!

68 Dave { 12.27.13 at 8:23 am }

Hi Kate! Honeymoons are a big business for Disney, so there’s not much in the way of free perks. Smiles and congratulations are about the extent of it. See this for more: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disneymoon-perks.873055/

69 Kelly { 01.28.14 at 10:11 am }

Hey dave,
I love your site it has been so much help. We are planning a trip. Sept/ Oct of 2014. We are very flexible with our dates but are looking to save as much as we can. Our family consists of myself ,my husband our 3(at the time of travel) daughter and my 27 year old brother with Downsyndrome. We want to make sure everyone gets to enjoy themselfs as much as possible. We do plan on comming back in a few years when our daughter can get a little more out of it so this isn’t going to be our only trip. Do you have any advice or suggestions for to save??? Since I’m really hoping to take advantage of the possible free dining around that time frame , how do you suggest being able to make reservations to get into at least a few character dinning experiences and being able to take advantage of the deals that dont usually get released until the summer?? I appreciate any help you could give me

70 Dave { 01.29.14 at 7:27 am }

Hi Kelly and thanks!!

You can go ahead and book your meals at 180 days from when you plan to dine, and then cancel them if free dining does not come out, or if you aren’t able to get the deal. The most likely free dining dates are September.

See also this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/10/03/introduction-to-the-tightwads-guide-to-walt-disney-world/

71 Brandi { 03.05.14 at 9:58 pm }

Hi Dave!
I saw the dates posted for the memory maker deal are. Aug 15- sept. We are staying August 10-16 do you think we would qualify for this deal if part of our
Stay is during these dates?? Thanks so much for your help 😉

72 Dave { 03.06.14 at 8:33 am }

No, Brandi, sorry.

73 Kristy { 08.06.14 at 3:09 pm }

Hi, we are planning a trip to Disney for Feb 24th-March 2nd of 2015. I notice the prices just came out online. I’m wondering if there are any deals out right now for that time period that I could opt into or should I wait. We want to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, regular savannah view room. We plan on getting the dining plan also but should I wait on that in case an upgrade deal comes out? If I buy the dining plan now and a deal comes out afterward am I still eligible to get it or am I out of luck? Should I just book the rooms and wait on the rest or is it better to book everything at the same time? We plan on getting a 4 day park pass but I know I can get those at anytime. I do see a deal out right now that if I book tickets before Aug 17th that I get a day free. Would that be eligible for us or do we not meet the requirements for the free day? I didn’t see any travel date restrictions on it. Lastly can I call and book reservations for dinner anytime or do I have to book the rooms first?

74 Dave { 08.07.14 at 6:57 am }

Hi Kristy!

There are no deals out for then, and likely won’t be for a while. It does not hurt at all to book now. If a deal comes out, you can try to get it, and you are neither advantaged nor disadvantaged by already having a reservation.

On dining you can make reservations anytime starting 180 days before arrival. If you have a room booked, you can make them for the 10 days following your arrival date–critical for high-demand meals like dinner at Be Our Guest.

75 Adonica { 10.20.14 at 11:03 pm }

Hi Dave. We just impulsively booked flights for our family to Orlando during Southwest’s flash sale last week. We will be arriving 12/7 and departing 12/12. Our girls will be 9,4, and 2.5 at time of travel. I know this sound strange but we are not interested in “getting it all in” on this trip. We would be happy to see as much of Magic Kingdom as we can. Someone suggested the Very Merry Christmas Party as a must do. We are staying off property at the Waldorf which has shuttle service to the park. Just wondering if you have any suggestions/tips as to how to proceed since this is our first trip. Thanks!

76 Dave { 10.21.14 at 9:35 am }

Adonica, I don’t mean this as a dig at the Waldorf, but the shuttle if it is like most will likely be inadequate–not starting early enough, too infrequent, etc. Consider a rental car.

An MK focused trip is a great idea–that will be more relaxing than trying to do everything!

But with it, the Xmas party becomes highly optional, as you will have plenty of time at MK otherwise and it will cost you ~$250. For more on the party, see this: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/04/13/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-mvmcp-in-2014/

77 Kelley { 09.26.16 at 12:22 pm }

Hello! We are traveling to Disney with our kids for the first time on 2/26 and wondered if you have heard info on when the Feb/March deals might be coming out and/or what they might look like? Thanks so much!!

78 Dave { 09.26.16 at 2:30 pm }

Kelley, I’m expecting them soon after the current deal’s “book by” date expires–so shortly after 10/8. I’d expect a room rate deal.

79 salma { 12.04.16 at 3:33 am }

Hi Dave , i am travelling to orlando from the 12th of december to 18th of december . have already booked hotels , wanted to know if therewill be any discounts on the tickets to wdw for 3 adults and 1 child

80 Dave { 12.04.16 at 1:18 pm }

Salma, see this. You need your tickets ASAP or you will miss out on FastPass+.

81 Scott Bradley { 09.16.17 at 6:18 pm }

We are planning a trip in April next year. April 28th to May 5th, I was wondering if you have noticed a trend over the years for deals? Room discount, or meal plan? Anything will help.

Thanks

Scott

82 Dave { 09.17.17 at 9:23 am }

Scott, deals have gotten less attractive and harder to book every year.