Chance of Hurricane Affecting Florida during Visit by Arrival Date
By Dave Shute
THE HURRICANE SEASON AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
It’s by arrival date, and is based on 30 years of data.
It helps illuminate the Disney World (and Florida) hurricane season more specifically than general statements like “The hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30.”
The takeaway is that a 9 day Walt Disney World vacation has the biggest chance of being affected for arrival dates in late August through early October.
Ninety percent of activity is from August through October; 50% between August 20th and October 10th; and the peak of the storm season is September 10th.
It is unusual for a Disney vacation to be ruined by a cyclonic storm–but it happens.
All this site’s weather pages except for the material on cyclonic storms and on tornadoes are based on 20 years of data from the National Weather Service ending in December 2006. The cyclonic storm material is based on 30 years of data from Wikipedia. The tornado material is from NOAA/NCDC and goes from 1950 through October 2009.
ORLANDO WEATHER LINKS
- Weather and When to Go
- High Temperatures Year Round
- Average Rainfall by Arrival Date
- Chance of Winter High Temperature Over 75
- Pool Days November through February
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the next best dates, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this