Weather and When to Go to Walt Disney World
By Dave Shute
OVERVIEW: WEATHER AT DISNEY WORLD
HIGH TEMPERATURES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
This page shows by day for the entire year at Walt Disney World 80th percentile, 50th percentile, and 20th percentile high temperatures.
You interpret it most easily like this: “On March 1, there is a 20% chance that the high temperature will be around or lower than 68, an 80% chance it will be higher than around 68, and a 20% chance it will be around 83 or higher.”
The key takeaway is that highs are not reliably (80% chance or better) above 75 between the beginning of November and the end of March…and that the summer is really hot…
RAIN AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
This page illuminates rain in Orlando and Walt Disney World by illustrating average total inches of rain over the 9 days of your trip by arrival date. It depicts how the rainy season gets into gear in mid-May and that substantial rain is possible through the end of September.
HURRICANES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
This page illuminates the chance of a cyclonic storm affecting any part of Florida anytime during a 9 day visit, based on arrival date.
It helps illuminate the Walt Disney World hurricane season more specifically than general statements like “The hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 1.”
The takeaway is that a vacation has the biggest chance of being affected for arrival dates in late August through early October. It would be unusual for your vacation to be ruined, but it has happened.
TORNADOES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
This page provides suggestions for dealing with the two tornado seasons in Orlando: winter/spring, and summer.
WINTER POOL WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
The next two pages focus on Walt Disney World pool weather during the cooler months–for those who need some pool time to go with their adventures and wonder how much of that they will get during the winter.
- This page shows the percentage chance that a day in Orlando will have a high temperature of 75 or greater, by day, from September through May. Takeaway: The chance a day will have a high of 75 or higher drops below 50% at the end of November, and does not go up to 50% again until mid-February.
- This page shows the percentage chances of having 3 or more, 5 or more, or 7 or more days with highs 75 and higher in a 9 day visit, by arrival date for November through February. The message is similar: the chance of having 5 or more days with highs of 75 or more drops below 50% at the end of November, and does not go up to 50% again until mid-February.
All this site’s weather pages except for the material on cyclonic storms and on tornadoes are based on 20 years of data from the National Weather Service ending in December 2006. The cyclonic storm material is based on 30 years of data from Wikipedia. The tornado material is from NOAA/NCDC and goes from 1950 through October 2009.
DISNEY WORLD WEATHER LINKS
- Weather and When to Go
- High Temperatures Year Round
- Average Rainfall by Arrival Date
- Chance of Winter High Temperature Over 75
- Pool Days November through February
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this