To-Do List for the Disney World FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary

This To-Do List is for the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary.  For To-Do-Lists for other itineraries, see this.

FastPass+ Itinerary for High Crowd Weeks from yourfirstvisit.net v4
Daily instructions are here:

A. MORE THAN 180 DAYS BEFORE YOUR PLANNED ARRIVAL DATE

(Note that a good travel agent, such as Destinations in Florida, can do almost all of this for you, for free. If you use Destinations in Florida as you travel agent through a link for this site–like this one–then they share a bit of the pixie dust they get from Disney with me.)

1. Confirm your budget, planned dates, intended hotel, kids’ development and heights, and your transportation choice and its availability for your planned dates.

2. Make your plane reservations, if flying. Make any other needed transportation arrangements.

3. Create your My Disney Experience account here and add your family members to it

4. Set up your hotel and tickets. Call 407-939-7675 (preferred, because this allows you to tell the reservationist which building at your resort you wish to be in), or click here to use Disney’s online system.  (Note: if your dates are later than what the online system permits, see this.)

• If you are following my itinerary, you want the hotel you’ve picked for 8 nights, nine day, no hopper, no “water parks and more” tickets, the Dining Plan, and Disney’s Magical Express
  • Itineraries other than mine will have different requirements here

B. 181 DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL DATE

San Angel Inn at Epcot from yourfirstvisit.net1. Decide whether on your first night you’ll be dining at Akershus or the San Angel Inn. Akershus is a princess meal–you’ll have another princess meal at Cinderella’s Royal Table on Wednesday.  If you really like princesses, do Akershus; otherwise, San Angel Inn is the better choice.

2. Login to your MyDisneyExperience.com account, click the “Things to Do” tab at top right, under Dining hit “Make Reservations,” and practice trying to reserve restaurants (hint: use the search box at the upper right).

This may well drive you crazy, but the site works better than it used to…and is likely the only way you can get your Cindy reservations done! (as the site opens up a new reservable day at 6a, whereas the phone reservation line opens at 7a).

3. Collect your planned restaurant reservations together. You will want to do them online in order of hardest to reserve first. This is how they are listed below.

C. EXACTLY 6am EST, EXACTLY 180 DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL DATE

(For an 180 day calendar, see this). Be on the restaurant website by at least 5:50am EST, and have your Cindy reservation all set up on the page.

Keep refreshing, as you will be let in as soon as Disney’s system decides it is 6a.

Make as many of the following as you have patience for (try to get through at least Akershus), in the exact order listed:

• Cinderella’s Royal Table Lunch (dining plan, two credits): Wednesday at 11a or later if you can; earlier than 11 only if your sole option…
  • Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue (dining plan, two credits): Wednesday 6.15p show. The later time will keep you up later than you need to be, OK if all you can get. Avoid the earlier time–it’ll cut into your park time too much
  • Chef Mickey’s (dining plan, one credit) Friday 11a.  Later is OK, but not a whole lot earlier–no earlier than 10.30a
  • Crystal Palace (dining plan): Second Saturday 7p if you can; earlier OK, but not later
  • Akershus Banquet or San Angel Inn (dining plan): First Saturday 7p.  No later, but earlier is OK.
  • 50’s Prime Time Café (dining plan): Tuesday 7p. Can be earlier but not later.

For those you don’t make online, make them by calling call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)

D. 60 DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL DATE

Liking the Name on This MagicBand1. Go to your MyDisneyExperience account and set up the following FastPass+

• First Saturday afternoon and evening at Epcot: Tier One: Illuminations. Tier Two: Spaceship Earth and Mission Space. Note that the Illuminations FastPass+ may not be available until closer to your arrival date—if not available, make Test Track your Tier One instead, and try to change it to Illuminations later. Set the Tier Two times for when your travel plans permit you to be in the park. If one is impossible to set at a good time because of your travel schedule, leave it as is—Disney requires you to book three FastPass+.
  • First Sunday at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Tier One: Toy Story Midway Mania. Tier Two: Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Set Tower of Terror to begin between 9.30a to 10a, Toy Story Midway Mania for early afternoon, and Indiana Jones for later in the afternoon. (At park open, head straight to Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster.)
  • Monday at Epcot: Tier One: Soarin. Tier Two: Turtle Talk with Crush and Maelstrom. Set the first two for for late mornings/early afternoon, and Maelstrom for after. (At park open, head for Test Track.)
  • Tuesday afternoon at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Tier One: Fantasmic. Tier Two: Star Tours and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Set all for the late afternoon/early evening.
  • Wednesday at the Magic Kingdom: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. Set for late morning/early afternoon, with last window ending by 3p. (At park open, head for Peter Pan.)
  • Thursday afternoon at the Animal Kingdom: Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. Set all for late afternoon, with Kali River Rapids last.
  • Friday at the Magic Kingdom: Enchanted Tales with Belle, Buzz Lightyear, and the Haunted Mansion. Set Buzz for around 10a, Belle for around noon, and the Haunted Mansion right after that. (At park open, head for Space Mountain.)
  • Second Saturday morning at the Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Main Street Electrical Parade (MSEP), and Jungle Cruise. Target Splash Mountain for late morning and Jungle Cruise for right before. Note that MSEP may not be available until close to your trip. If so, book Pirates of the Caribbean now, and change to MSEP if/when it becomes available. (At park open, head to Big Thunder Mountain.)
  • Second Sunday morning at the Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris, Festival of the Lion King (if open by your dates) and a third ride of your choice. Target all to end by when you need to leave the park for your return home. (At park open, head to Expedition Everest if you want to re-ride it; otherwise do Kilimanjaro at open, and change its FP+ to something else you want to see again from Thursday.)

2. Do online check in, requesting as you do special location points

3. Customize your MagicBands

E. NOTES ON PACKING ETC. BEFORE YOU LEAVE

1. Bring your MagicBands in your carry-ons

2. If you use Disney’s Magical Express, you do not need to collect your bags at the Orlando airport unless you arrive late in the evening/at night or are an international traveler. Disney will get them for you and, eventually, deliver them directly to your room. Your bags may arrive hours after you do; so, depending on the weather forecasts, have a carry-on with an appropriate change of clothes for Orlando weather on Saturday, as you will almost certainly go to Epcot on Saturday before your checked bags arrive.

3. Follow the instructions in the Magical Express packet you will receive in the mail regarding both tagging your bags pre-departure, and where to go at the Orlando airport to find your transport to your resort.

4. Bring a copy of your room reservation, confirmation numbers and any tickets for special events you may have received in the mail.

5. Pack breakfast utensils, as they are not always available in the gift shop: bowls, spoons, napkins

6. When you arrive at the hotel, look for the special “On-line Check-in” line, and get into it.

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Danny { 11.30.13 at 10:31 pm }

Hi Dave, this was exactly what I was waiting for. So do you have the actual plans for the parks yet, or you didn’t make those yet? Also I want to make a few dining changes, so I want to ask you if it will work or not.

So First, instead of 50′s Prime Time Cafe, could I do another TS in Epcot the day before?

Also I want to cancel chef mickey’s, and do yak & yeti TS dinner at animal kingdom the day you have scheduled.

Also then move hoop-dee-doo to friday so I can have a TS that day, I am asking will all of these work?

Ok thats all for the dining, now to the FP+ rides.

This is what I really don’t get, why FP+ Kilimanjaro, and Head for Expedition Everest in the morning? I think doing the opposite works better because the animals are the most active in the morning for Kilimanjaro Safaris.

I am also confused because you only have 1 FP+ per day, and I thought you could use 3. Or is that just the most important one for the day?

Also for EP and HS, I could maybe FP+ both of the ones you had, and for example head to tower of terror at opening.

I’d like some more info on this. And Thanks a lot for the new itinerary for FP+

2 Dave { 12.01.13 at 8:19 am }

Hey Danny, here’s the scoop:

You can swap any dining–you just have to watch out for hopping and for total credits. The swaps you propose would work fine!

You get a total of 3 FP+/day, but it’s widely expected that you’ll be able to have only one of those be a “headliner.” This is true right now at HS and Epcot, and likely will become true at MK and AK. So my “FastPass+ Target” is the one headliner to target that day. If it turns out in June that we can get more than one headliner, hurray, but I needed to make sure the itin works in the “just one headliner” scenario.

For that reason, I’m holding off on the daily itineraries until this becomes clear–and also what counts as a “headliner.” For example, right now at HS Tower of Terror does not–which is great…

For both Soarin/Test Track and Kilimanjaro/Everest, it’s a bit of a toss up as to which you do as FP+ and which at rope drop. I made the choices I did based on different queues.

The FP+ queue for Everest is much lamer than the regular queue, so it gets the rope drop nod. On Test Track, Disney has shown two models, one that really limits the pre-ride experience for FP+, and another where people have the same pre-ride in both lines. Not knowing which will be the long term answer, I put Test Track as rope drop.

At Soarin and Kilimanjaro, in contrast, the queues are identical for both standby and FP visitors…

3 Danny { 12.01.13 at 9:39 am }

Oh yeah, thanks for the headliner FP+ info, I didn’t hear that even by reading A LOT of articles about FP+. Strange. And what counts as a headliner at each park? I was wondering if Tower of Terror counts, which you said it doesn’t. Also does Mission Space, or Big Thunder Mountain, or Kali River Rapids count as a headliner? Also the Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions?

4 Danny { 12.01.13 at 9:47 am }

Dave, also which TS places do you recommend in epcot for the second day? I really don’t want to do akershus.

I was thinking maybe Biergarten, Via Napoli, Tutto, or Teppan Edo? Which one do you think is good? I am not looking for kids appeal at all. I am more for food quality, atmosphere, and great experience.

5 Dave { 12.02.13 at 6:46 am }
6 Dave { 12.02.13 at 6:49 am }

Danny, I don’t have a strong opinion on that. For some help, see the right side of this http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/where-to-eat/dining-alternatives/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-dining/ but others would move some of the center items to the right too.

7 Danny { 12.06.13 at 5:03 am }

Dave, I was thinking that switching wednesday with the last saturday would be a good idea, because I am a little concerned with my family about sleep. Will that work out fine? I know its nice to end a vacation with wishes, but seriously our family can not stay up late and wake up early the next morning, so if we maybe did saturday on wednesday we would have a sleep in before AK, and it would be also fun for us to end our vacation with a dinner show (Hoop-Dee-Doo). So do you have any comment on that? Is that possible?

8 Danny { 12.06.13 at 5:05 am }

Also Dave, we will not go back to our hotel for a break on wednesday or last saturday if you don’t recommend it. We will be spending the whole day at MK.

9 Danny { 12.06.13 at 6:31 am }

Hey Dave, also what about the 2 days at DHS, could I switch them as well, because we will be driving from philadelphia on friday at around 5am, and we will probably stop to spend the night somewhere after we hit charlotte, NC. Then the next day we are hoping to arrive there between 12 and 1 pm and hit epcot as soon as possible. But after a long drive i think we would be better off having a sleep in our first day and spend the morning exploring the hotel and swimming before hitting DHS.

10 Dave { 12.07.13 at 3:13 pm }

I like it, Danny!!

11 Dave { 12.07.13 at 3:13 pm }

If things work out well, you’ll have the time for a break…

12 Dave { 12.07.13 at 3:14 pm }

Yup, Danny, you can swap any days that are at the same parks…

13 Danny { 12.07.13 at 10:34 pm }

Ok, I am glad, thanks. I know I might have time for a break, but I usually don’t wan to take it, I just think Tom Sawyer Island is interesting, so I will be about 1 hour there.

14 Danny { 01.18.14 at 12:57 am }

Hey Dave I have another FP+ question? we are a family of 4 people, and when there were regular fast passes, because I am the only one brave enough to Ride Space Mountain and Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock Coaster, Mission Space, Test Track, Soarin, Everest, and the Rapids, We used to get 4 FP’s for it, and I ride it 4 times in a row. Is this possible with FP+, if I made 4 FP+ reservations on my 4 peoples wrist band, and I rode it 4 times. Have you ever tried this? I know as earlier you said that at HS and EP, you can only have one headliner ride per day, but my rest of family isn’t too brave to go to most headliners, they are a fan of little rides, so would that thing work with FP+, I sure do hope so.

15 Danny { 01.18.14 at 3:04 am }

Dave, I accidentaly wrote your name by accident in the title, if you could change it to Danny it would be great. Sorry for that Dave.

16 Dave { 01.18.14 at 10:07 am }

Dave I have not tried this, but I can’t think of any reason why you can’t book a thrill ride for everybody, and then just use their MagicBands for yourself…it’ll be more complicated than you are used to to execute so that everyone has a different return time for the headliners (so you can get all the rides) but the same return time for the other two FP+ (so you can ride them as a family…)

17 Dave { 01.18.14 at 10:15 am }