FastPass+ Itinerary for High Crowd Periods at Walt Disney World
By Dave Shute
Below is a Disney World itinerary that replaces my old “Summer Itinerary” for June,* July, and the busier parts of August 2014.
FastPass+ recommendations are all in To-Do List for this itinerary. Daily instructions are here:
It has several differences from the old Summer Itinerary–I’ll get more into the details another time, but here’s the key points:
- It matches the actual operating patterns in Disney World’s June and July calendars, which are different in 2014 from what we’ve seen the past few years
- It is built on FastPass+, not legacy Fastpass, assumes just one headliner per day, and takes advantage of multiple features of FastPass+
- It’s simplified. There’s just one table service meal in Epcot now, rather than two, and Cirque du Soleil is out. As wonderful as Cirque is, during really busy times the cost and complexity it adds to an already rough visit just aren’t worth it. The net is a slightly easier trip, and a much less expensive one
- It avoids Extra Magic Hours (EMH) entirely. EMH are generally a bad idea, so my past itineraries have used them sparingly for specific purposes. FastPass+ lets me address the purposes for which I used EMH before, so now no parks are visited on EMH days. This means, incidentally, that the itineraries work both for those staying on and off-site.
Thanks are especially due to Josh from easyWDW.
With his permission, I picked the targeted park days based on both my own practices and his daily park recommendations.
*There are some modifications required for the weeks beginning May 31, June 7, and June 14 2014, because it won’t work well for Star Wars weekends–for those weeks only, make the following changes to both the itinerary and its To-Do list:
- Instead of what it has written for the first Sunday, do that day what it shows for Thursday
- On Tuesday, do what it shows as the first Sunday
- On Thursday, do it what it shows for Tuesday