Summer Itinerary For Walt Disney World v3

OVERVIEW: WALT DISNEY WORLD SUMMER ITINERARY

Note: see this for required changes for Easter 2014, including how to revise this itinerary for FastPass+!!

Update: this itinerary DOES NOT WORK for the summer of 2014 See the links here for new itineraries for June-August 2014!

Disney-World-Summer-Itinerary-v3-hsp
This 8 night itinerary is for most of the incredibly busy weeks from late May to mid-August.

It also works during other very busy times–e.g. Christmas, New Years, and Easter week.

(Click thumbnail to open; when open click again once or twice to enlarge)

For itineraries for the rest of the year, see this. For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this.

Click on your arrival week on this page to check for exceptions. If you are returned to this page, then this itinerary should work.

LINKS FOR THIS ITINERARY

WALT DISNEY WORLD ITINERARY LINKS

1 Wendy { 08.03.11 at 11:43 pm }

First, Thank you for all of this great information!! Second, I am so lost! I want to take advantage of you awesome Itinerary but my brain cannot comprehend changing it to fit my Friday arrival!! We are arriving 8/19 for 7 nights. Help!! & thank you!!

2 Dave { 08.04.11 at 8:51 am }

Hi Wendy and you’re welcome!

Here’s what to do: in your Friday arrival evening, follow the Summer Itinerary’s first Saturday itinerary, and on your second day–Saturday 8/20–follow the Second Saturday Itinerary. Then follow every next day as written, expect you’ll have to fit all the Magic Kingdom into one morning less–so look at the Second Sunday itinerary and work that stuff into your other MK visits.

Hope this helps!! Dave

3 Robbie Williams { 01.22.12 at 12:07 am }

We dodged a huge bullet. We reserved our hotel etc. and found out from a friend to make sure we look at when Gay/Lesbian week will be for 2012. They had a bad experience a couple years ago. We checked their website and sure enough, our trip overlapped with that week. We changed our reservation and everything has turned out fine. Any advice you can offer via website so no one else makes the same mistake would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your priceless info.

4 Robinlee { 07.06.12 at 5:00 pm }

Hi Dave!
We are arriving at AoA on 8/8/12 in the early evening (Wednesday) and departing in the morning on 8/16/2012 (Thursday). How would you recommend we set up our schedule for the parks using your suggestions from the summer itinerary? Our kids are going to turn 7 when we are there. Should we coordinate our days as you have lined them up?
Thanks for helping!
Robinlee

5 Dave { 07.06.12 at 5:20 pm }

Hi Robinlee! The itinerary is built by day, not day number–so the first Saturday means “Saturday,” not “Day 1.” You can start in the middle and then re-start as the week rolls over, but will have to modify your first, rollover, and last days, and cut out a day.

My advice would be, given the age of your–twins?–to cut Epcot, and thin out the time at HS and AK.

6 Robinlee { 07.11.12 at 3:02 pm }

Hi Dave!
Thanks for your quickie quick reply!!! I think my hubby would like to visit Epcot at least to see it, and we wouldn’t have to spend the whole day. What day would be best for that if we use the summer itinerary version 3? Since we”ll arrive on the 8th near 6/7pm, should we just stay at the hotel and get acquainted with our surroundings? I will also need to make some dinner reservations. I know I’m “way” late in the game, but it’s what I have to work with. We don’t have to eat out every night….in fact, we probably wouldn’t want to. It will be our kids’ first big trip away, so I know they will be overjoyed just sleeping in a hotel, let alone a Disney one!! If you were to pick 3 or maybe 4 table service meals, which would you suggest?
Thanks! :)

7 Dave { 07.11.12 at 5:06 pm }

Hey Robinlee, you are welcome! You can do Epcot on either of its indicated days in the itinerary. Re 3 or 4 table service meals–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/where-to-eat/dining-alternatives/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-dining/

8 Temi { 07.15.12 at 8:01 am }

First let me say what an amazingly, helpful site! We arrive on a Wednesday evening (August 8…traveling from far so will be jet lagged:) and will be there for 12 nights, me, hubby and 2 children. How do you recommend we customize the itinerary? Thanks!

9 Dave { 07.15.12 at 9:26 am }

Hi Temi, and thanks! My suggestions will vary a bit depending on the ages of your children–so let me know!

10 Temi { 07.16.12 at 6:03 am }

Hi Dave, thanks! The first, a girl, is 6 (probably as tall as a 7 year old) while her brother will be 3 in September. Look forward to your response!

11 Dave { 07.16.12 at 7:37 am }

Hi again Temi. At that age, I’d skip Epcot…so you have plenty of time to fit in everything. Take Thursday of due to jet lag, and just pick the itinerary up on Friday, following it on a day for day (that is, days matter, so on Saturday do what it says for Saturday,” but taking the Epcot days off…

12 Temi { 07.16.12 at 12:28 pm }

Fantastic, thanks!!!

13 Temi { 07.16.12 at 1:37 pm }

One more thing, does this mean we have no plans for Friday also? The itinerary seems to start on Saturday?

14 Temi { 07.16.12 at 1:57 pm }

Does it also mean we don’t do the Akershus Royal Banquet Character Meal since it’s in Epcot?

15 Dave { 07.16.12 at 2:00 pm }

Temi, you could do the “Friday” that comes later in the itinerary as your first day!

16 Dave { 07.16.12 at 2:17 pm }

You could do it if you wished…especially given all the ticket days you have. You could spend a morning in Epcot, and return in an evening for Akershus and Illuminations…

17 Temi { 07.16.12 at 3:03 pm }

Thanks again, just made the first 2 character dinng reservations! I noticed thought that for Crystal Palace which you recommend for the 2nd Saturday, they seem to offer only breakfast and lunch? Perhaps I can modify to do breakfast or lunch instead?

18 Dave { 07.16.12 at 3:23 pm }

Temi they do offer dinner…maybe it’s sold out? But yes, it’s worth seeing at breakfast or lunch. If you do breakfast, set it for well before or well after park opening so you don’t miss the first hours when lines are low!

19 Temi { 07.16.12 at 3:28 pm }

Ok thanks a lot, your site has done so much work to make easy what would otherwise be a daunting affair!

20 Dave { 07.16.12 at 4:40 pm }

Temi, that’s what I wrote it for, and I’m so glad it helped!

21 Robinlee { 07.22.12 at 6:26 pm }

AoA: 8/8-8/16: ( 2012)
Here I am again…..what dining venue would you suggest to celebrate the twins’ 7th birthday?
It will be on the Monday we are there…..Thank you! :)

22 Dave { 07.23.12 at 7:10 am }

Either of the restaurants on the “Monday” of the itin would be a great place for a birthday! Make sure that you get “Birthday” buttons from the front desk of the resort, or at guest services in the park. See also this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/02/01/is-walt-disney-world-free-on-your-birthday/

23 Emily { 07.26.12 at 4:09 am }

Your site is amazing – thanks for all of your hard work! We’ve promised our son that we’d go to DisneyWorld when he turns five, which is soon!!! We have an almost 5 year old and an 8 month old. My husband is in the military so we benefit from the reduced ticket prices through Sep 30. However, because of school conflicts we would have to go Aug 8-13, 2012. Here are some of my questions/concerns:

1) Given the heat and crowds, would it still be worth it to save the money and go in August or wait until the cooler, less crowded weeks in October or November without the military priced tickets?
2) The military base travel office has an incredible deal for hotels that are off resort, but is it worth the savings to be off-site?
3) And if we are off-site (making us ineligible for the dining plans as I understand it), can you bring in snacks and drinks?
4) Do you think there is any likelihood that Disney would extend their Military Salute program? I know they’ve already extended it before…
5) What, if any, rides can our 8 month old ride while being held?

24 Dave { 07.27.12 at 8:15 am }

Hi Emily and thanks! Thoughts on your questions, in order:
1. I would skip August and go in November–the extra cost will be well repaid by lower lines and more comfortable days
2. Depends if you will be able to return another year. Off-site is always cheaper, but usually less fun and less convenient. If in a later year–when the kids are say 5 and 10–if you can return to a Disney hotel, then it doesn’t matter much now…
3. Yes
4. No on “extend” but maybe on “re-offer.” See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/08/no-extension-for-disney-armed-forces-salute-fy2013-re-offer-still-possible/
5. I don’t have a list, as this site focuses on older kids, but off the cuff I’d say that on most rides appropriate for 1 5 year old you can take a baby as well…

25 Nikki { 07.27.12 at 1:19 pm }

Hello! We are having our 1st family trip to WDW. I have a 10 yr old and a 4 yr old. We will arrive at 3 pm 8/12/12 and check out Fri 8/17/12. I planned our daily itinerary on what parks we would visit on what day according to the morning and evening EMH on that given park, but did not utilize the Sun and Fri time that we have, even though our park tickets are for 6 days. DO you think that would be a mistake to do ( the emh thing) , and if so could you suggest how I could go about planning it efficiently, and what could I squeeze in on the evening in which we check in and the whole day fri in which we check out ( We have a 730 am character brkfst at chef mickeys but thats the only plan I have for Fri, we will have our luggage in the car after 11am ck out). We have hopper passes and water park passes so I tried to fit in a visit to every park on each day, sometimes 2 parks. With rides our daughter is not tall enough to ride we planned on doing the baby swap thing, while the other rode with our son. Also Ive heard its difficult to drive your vehicle to the parks. We are staying in the All Star Music resort and heard the busses shuttle you, but I would perfer to drive if possible. Which do you reccomend? Thank you for any help!

26 Dave { 07.27.12 at 3:18 pm }

Hi Nikki!

First, if you begin a day at a morning EMH, and then hop to a park without EMH later that day, that can work quite well. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/16/park-hoppers-hopping-walt-disney-world/

Second, with the exception of the Magic Kingdom, it’s always faster and simpler to use your own car. At the Magic Kingdom it’s not, as you park far from the park and then have to take either the monorail or ferry to the MK, whereas the Disney buses drop you off right next to MK.

Third, on your check in night, target one of the fireworks shows–Wishes at MK (10p), Illuminations at Epcot (9p) or Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios (9 and 10.30) At MK there’s also evening parades to see…given the ages of your kids, from among these I’d pick Epcot for your arrival day, and skip it the rest of your visit!

Finally, on your checkout day, return to your favorite park!

27 Nikki { 08.04.12 at 10:03 am }

Thank you! This site is very helpful :).

28 Dave { 08.04.12 at 5:25 pm }

Glad to help, Nikki!

29 Amy Mullican { 10.21.12 at 11:12 am }

We r going to wdw on nov. 16th for our first visit with our two girls. It’s my little ones birthday the day we get there. She will be six. We r saying in the royal suites at port Orleans. Just wondering what to do to make it special for her, where r some suggestions to eat at while we r there, just some overall tips and must do things we should know. Thank u

30 Dave { 10.22.12 at 6:48 am }
31 andrea { 10.31.12 at 11:14 am }

hello we are from argentina; this is our first trip to wdw, we´ll arrive march 23 and check out march 28. we have a 7 yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl, staying at pop century.I know parks will be crowded, so i´m trying to organize our itinerary as much as possible. could you help me please? wich park should we visit first? ererything you could tell me i´ll be grateful, please excuse my english, thanks from patagonia argentina

32 Dave { 10.31.12 at 12:04 pm }

Hi Andrea, my stuff is meant for older kids on longer trips. Suggest you look at the stuff linked to here: http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/touring-plans

With kids that age, skip Epcot entirely, and focus on MK. Suggest 2-3 days at MK, and one day or a half a day each at AK and HS…

33 Flash { 12.18.12 at 2:04 pm }

Planning a June 2013 trip, arriving on a Tuesday for 7 days. I can’t figure out the best way to use the summer itinerary. Can you help?

Thank you SO MUCH for this site! This is our first trip and all of this information is super helpful, and makes us ready to go!!!

34 Dave { 12.18.12 at 6:29 pm }

Hey Flash, you are welcome!

Let me know the ages of your kids, and your best estimates of your arrival days and times, and I’ll give you some thoughts on how to modify the citizenry for your family…

35 Flash { 12.20.12 at 3:22 pm }

Kids’ ages 9 and 12, arriving June 18 at 4:39. Thanks again!

36 Dave { 12.22.12 at 9:04 am }

Flash, the seven night summer itinerary is a pretty close fit. See http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/01/16/seven-night-walt-disney-world-summer-itinerary-v2/ Start it Tuesday night with what it shows for Tuesday night (that is, not what it shows for Sunday) and then do what it shows by day as your days unfold. Combine the two Sundays into one…

37 Sarah { 01.15.13 at 5:48 pm }

Thanks for such an informative website! I am planning a trip to AoA 8/11/13-8/16/13 with my husband, 8 yo son, and 2 yo twins. I am trying to decide which days to visit which parks. I read elsewhere that Mondays and Saturdays are the busiest days at MK, but I notice that you recommend MK on Monday and Saturday of your Summer itinerary. I’m wondering how much variation in crowds you notice at the different parks based on the day of the week.

38 Dave { 01.16.13 at 8:33 am }

Hi Sarah! While there’s much less day to day variation in the summer than in other times of the year, it’s true that almost all trips include the weekend and Monday, and that MK is the first target of most families. My itineraries are integrated and balance several factors, and for the summer in particular focus (mostly) on morning visits, when crowds matter much less…That said, you could wap Monday and Wednesday in the summer itinerary and be fine!

39 Rebecca O'Kelley { 01.16.13 at 12:12 pm }

We are planning a trip for arriving on Thursday (May 23) and departing on Wednesday (May 29). It falls in between both your autumn itinerary and your summer itinerary. Which one would you recommend using? I will have 3 girls ages 11, 10, 6 with my husband and I.

40 Dave { 01.16.13 at 1:44 pm }

Well, Rebecca…both itineraries are designed around their arrival and departure days (e.g., “Saturday” is Saturday, not “Day 1″), and for 8 nights and 9 days…so there’s no easy rebuild. I can give you some ideas–but need to know if you are staying at a WDW hotel or not, and whether you have straight or park hopper tickets…

41 Rebecca O'Kelley { 01.17.13 at 10:04 am }

We are staying at POR and we will have park hopper tickets.

42 Dave { 01.17.13 at 1:17 pm }

Rebecca, usually I suggest MK last, but the latter part of your visit is during the real busy Memorial Day period, so I’m suggesting the following:

5/23: Dinner and Illuminations at Epcot
5/24: MK
5/25: MK
5/26: Hollywood Studios
5/27: Epcot
5/28: Animal Kingdom
5/29: if you have the morning available, return to your favorite park…

43 Debby { 01.30.13 at 9:18 am }

We are going to WDW arriving March 25 leaving March 29 2013. Those are the only dates we all are available to go. We don’t have any young children going. The youngest are 18. I can’t figure out the best days to see the parks. We are staying at a disney property. We know we want to go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot for sure. Any suggestions?

44 Dave { 01.31.13 at 6:50 am }

Debbie, that’s one of the three busiest weeks of the year, and there’s not much difference among days…

45 Christi { 02.06.13 at 8:26 pm }

Hi- Just booked our Disney vacation. We are a family of four, my husband and I have two boys, ages 8 and 6. This is our first trip togther. The last time I was in Disney was 20 years ago. We are all very excited. I have been poking aroud the site for the best itinery. We are going April 3rd, arriving very late and leaving on April 10th, departing @6PM. The later part of Easter week into the following week. Any guidance as to which parks to visit on a particular day and which places are best for dining would be appreciated. We do want at least two character dining options. We did purchase the dining plan that includes a sit down option daily. Thanks

46 Dave { 02.07.13 at 7:20 am }

Hi Christi, crowds will be much better April 6 and later. Befroe then, focus on arriving at a park’s turnstiels well befroe it opens, seeing the most popular rises firsat, using fatspasses, and planning to leave in the early afternoon. Nap or swim, then return in the evenings. There’s not much differecne among the parks between 4/3 and 4/6.

After 4/6, avoid MK 4/7, Ak 4/8, Epcot 4/9, and AK 4/10.

My meal suggestions are all here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/where-to-eat/

Just to be clear: you don’t have “a sit down option daily.” What you have is one sit down credit per night of your stay. You can divide these among days however you choose–you can spend three sit down credits on one day and none on the next.

Sadly, the best Disney meals book out 5-6 months ahead (see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-your-plans-need-to-be-firm/ ) so you need to pick and book your stuff now to not get shut out entirely!

Hope this helps…

47 Christi { 02.09.13 at 3:14 pm }

Thank you- your advice did help a lot. I have created what I think is good.
4/4- Hollywood Studios- Dinner Sci Fi Diner
4/5Magic Kingdom-Dinner Crystal Palace
4/6 Epcot-Dinner Biergarten
4/7Animal Kingdom-Dinner Coral Reef
4/8Magic Kingdom-Dinner House of Blues
4/9Magic Kingdom-Dinner Cosmic Rays- Breakfast Chef Mickeys
4/10 1900 Park Fare for Breakfast
Then-the hotel before we leave at 6pm
We have the hoppers so we can move around.
Thanks for your help and quick respose- perfect site to research.
Hopefully I will be able to reserve all.
Christi

48 Dave { 02.10.13 at 7:25 am }

Good luck with the reservations Christi, and have a great trip!

49 Vernon { 02.17.13 at 4:42 pm }

Dave…have another question. I am arriving on Thurs March 14. should I follow the itinerary starting on Thursday or Sunday, sorry crazy question.

This is what I have.:
ARRIVAL – Thurs. 3/14 at 1pm..check in and go to HS.
FRI- Magic Kigdom
SAT-off-maybe downtown disney or AK
Sun- universal- Universal studio/IOA
Mon- AK or off.
Tue- MK – dinner with princess at night.
How does this sound…thanks.
Wed- leaving at 2pm

50 Dave { 02.18.13 at 6:39 am }

Hi Vernon, your itinerary looks fine with one exception–I’d swap Sunday and Monday (AK has morning EMH on Monday, which is good to avoid.)

For your general question, my itineraries are about days, so “First Saturday” means “Saturday,” not Day 1. That is, they tie to differences among actual days of the week in Disney’s operating calendar…

51 Shannon { 03.23.13 at 11:27 pm }

We have a 4 & 6 yr old arriving 3/30/13 thru 4/3/13. We are staying at Ft wilderness and have the following itin:
Sat- dinner ( hoop-de-doo review) sun- dinner at Epcot banquets hall, mon- rainforest cafe animal kingdom, tues- 10:20 breakfast at castle with Cinderella, we’d- 3:30 bippity boppity at MK- can you please help me with what schedule for parks based on theses meal schedules!! Thanks…overwhelmed!

52 Dave { 03.24.13 at 1:55 pm }

Hi Shannon, I don’t have itineraries for kids that young or trips that brief.

You can take one of my itineraries (like this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/12/06/summer-itinerary-for-walt-disney-world-v2/ which is the one I recommend for that week, but note that aprk opening hours and extra magic hours are earlier than it indicates) and thin it down based on this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/03/09/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-rides-and-attractions/, or your can use the service here: http://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/touring-plans?utm_campaign=referral&utm_medium=website&utm_source=yourfirstvisit&utm_content=r1&property_id=1

Do also see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/03/14/the-common-sense-guide-to-easter-week-at-walt-disney-world/ You are going during one of the absolutely most wildly crowded times of the year, and there’s some hints there on how to manage…

53 Susie { 04.16.13 at 11:53 pm }

Hi Dave! I’d love your advice. My mom (75), my daughter (8), and I will be visiting from 7/19 (evening check-in at Grand Floridian and 7pm dinner reservation there) to 7/24 (afternoon). It’s my daughter’s first time, and mom and I haven’t been for 10+ years. We’re planning to hit MK Saturday, beginning with a makeover at Bippity Boppity at 9am. Sunday is open until 5:30pm reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table (tho mom has a surprise 1pm spa appointment at GF), Monday is wide open, Tuesday is open until 5pm reservation at Luau Cove, and Wednesday is open until we leave for our 6pm flight. We definitely want to go to AK and Epcot, and HS if time permits. What should we do when?? I want to make the best use of our time :) Thanks!

54 Dave { 04.17.13 at 7:55 am }

Susie, that’s a wildly crowded time of the year. All the time, and especially during wildly crowded times, the most valuable part of your day is the first hour or so the park is open, as crowds are lowest then, and you can do three or four rides in an hour that later in the day would–including waits–take 3 to 4 hours to do.

So the first thing I’d do is cancel your 9a BBB and rebook it for much later in the day…

Your trip is too short for me to have any useful itineraries to share, but you can start with this http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/12/06/summer-itinerary-for-walt-disney-world-v2/ and shorten it using this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/03/09/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-rides-and-attractions/

Here’s the worst parks by day:

7/20: Avoid HS
7/21: Avoid MK
7/22: Avoid HS and AK
7/23: Avoid Epcot
7/24: Avoid AK

Hope this helps…

55 Sunshine { 04.26.13 at 11:38 am }

Unfortunately due to both of our crazy work schedules we are forced to go to Disney with our twin 4 year olds on July 22nd, 2013 (we arrive at 9:45am) to July 28th. Do you have any recommendations or where I should start based on your itineraries? I know it’s a crazy time of year since we went for a family reunion when the boys were 1 around that time but the boys really wanted to go so we caved :). Also because of a company discounted rate we will be staying at the Swan. Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

56 Dave { 04.26.13 at 1:27 pm }

Hi Sunshine, all my stuff is for kids 8 and older. For getting age-appropriate itineraries, see my answer to a similar question here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/what-to-budget/#comment-396727

57 LaToya { 04.29.13 at 2:11 pm }

My husband and I are taking our daughter(10years old) to Walt Disney World.this is her first time. Due to company discount we will be staying at the Holiday Inn express Lake Buena Vista. We will be arriving June 30-july 5. What should we do first and what should we avoid

58 Dave { 04.30.13 at 7:50 am }

Hi LaToya! Start with this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/01/16/seven-night-walt-disney-world-summer-itinerary-v2/ and then thin it down for your shorter trip. You may find the material here helpful for shortening it: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/03/09/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-rides-and-attractions/

59 Natasha { 05.10.13 at 7:51 pm }

This is our first trip to Disney from May 21-28. We have a 12 and 10 year old and my mother is coming. (Although she may only come 1/2 the day) We hava 4 hopper passes for one day and are planning on going another day to explore and take our time at MK. (2 days is all we can afford.) I was wondering which parks to visit first and in which order. Also which rides are the funnest for their age group. I was thinking May 24th would be a good day to go since they are open 24 hours that day. The rest of the days we are doing other stuff such as the beach Sea World/Bush Gardens, etc. We are not staying on site or on a resort, we are renting a house about 15 minutes away. Any suggestions to make this a fun a non-stressful time? —Thanks!

60 Dave { 05.11.13 at 8:19 am }

Natasha, tell me a little more about your tickets.

If you have a one-day hopper and a one day non-hopper, that would cost at standard rates around $225/person.

If you can turn these back in and get refunds, then, because of the way Disney prices tickets, you can get 4-day non-hopper tix for just $45/person more…and 6 day non-hopper tix for just $70/person more…

See this for Disney World ticket prices and how the cost per day goes down: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/06/03/disney-world-ticket-prices-2012-to-summer-2013/

61 Eric Preston { 06.10.13 at 1:28 pm }

Great site, Dave. I will be going Monday June 24 – Monday July 1 (2013) with another family and the info here has been invaluable. Thank you.

One quick question, do you have any info on the new Star Wars ‘stuff’ at the parks? I’m looking to do something with my 5 year-old son (45”), and couldn’t see anything on your ‘Comprehensive-Guide-to-Disney-World-Rides-and-Attractions’ page.

62 Dave { 06.11.13 at 7:31 am }

Hi Eric, and thanks!

The only Star Wars item of note in the parks is “Star Tours” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, which is in the lower right box of http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/03/09/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-rides-and-attractions/ There’s more on the ride here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/05/24/review-star-tours-the-adventure-continues-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

63 Deanna { 07.25.13 at 8:05 pm }

Hi Guru Dave…getting ready to book the Poly for June 2014 for myself, hubby, and our 9 year old son. Our travel dates are flexible (only flexible for the month of June!), so should I book the bulk of our trip for the first week of June, departing for home around the 10th, or the second week of June, departing for home around the 17th? I’m planning on anywhere from 9-11 nights at the Poly, with a 6-day hopper pass. Thanks for any advice you can pass on.

64 Dave { 07.26.13 at 7:47 am }

Hi Deanna! If you have to go in June, then the earlier the better. See http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/10/07/disney-world-crowds-2014/

65 Cassandra { 09.26.13 at 7:57 pm }

Hi! I was wondering, we are going to DW in June 2014 and I cannot convince my son and husband to go to 2 princess character meals if I switch Akerhus for The Garden Grill are they both the same number of table service credits or have I messed everything up?

66 Dave { 09.27.13 at 6:51 am }

Cassandra both Akershus and Garden Grill are one credit meals! So you are OK. Depending on how old your son is, other fun Epcot settings are San Angel Inn and Biergarten.

Well then mosey on over to the home page, and like it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest!

67 Danny { 11.25.13 at 1:29 pm }

Hi again Dave

I am wondering, have you ever experienced the water parks Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, if you have please tell me your experience. Right now I will probably visit the theme parks and follow your itinerary in early december 2014, because I got a good deal to fly to Orlando, but in the summer I was thinking to make a separate trip to the water parks. Also if you have been to both which one did you like better?

68 Dave { 11.26.13 at 8:18 am }

Danny, I’ve been to both and prefer BB, but you won’t find a consistent opinion on this–people seem about evenly divided. The key to the waterparks is that they get just as crowded as the rest of WDW, and hence arriving before open and having a plan is important at them as well. There’s good stuff n the Unofficial Guide on them…

69 Danny { 11.26.13 at 9:30 am }

OK thanks, Yeah I will probably visit both, I just am wondering which is better. A lot of people seem to prefer TL, but are you into water slides a lot? I see why you probably prefer BB.

70 Danny { 11.26.13 at 9:33 am }

Oh yeah and the plan. At BB should I start with maybe team boat springs, move on to slush gusher and summit plummet. Then the racers and the rest of the slides, I was thinking, then come back to favorites a little later and enjoy the lazy river and wave pool.

And for TL I was thinking to do the Crush N Gusher first and the other slides then do the lazy river, wave pool, and sharks bay.

71 Danny { 11.26.13 at 9:33 am }

What was your plan, how did you do yours?

72 Dave { 11.27.13 at 8:07 am }

Danny, I pretty much followed what TUG suggested…whihc I no longer recall!