(For the first page of this review of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, see this.)
THE MAIN FUENTES DEL MORRO POOL AT DISNEY’S CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT
The main Fuentes del Morro pool at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is the best pool among the Disney World moderate resorts–only the main pool at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort comes close.
Here’s what Disney says about it on its website:
“Make a splash at this zero-entry pirate’s paradise, themed like a colonial Spanish fortress. Swashbuckling adventurers can zip by on one of 2 waterslides—including one measuring 102 feet long—and feel the spray of man-of-war-cannons. Little ones can cavort at the shipwreck play area, complete with mini slides, a crow’s nest and a barrel of laughs that dispenses a drenching downpour.
Two 12-person spa pools provide relaxation after a long day on the high seas, as do tropical drinks from the nearby Banana Cabana pool bar.”
The pool is distinguished by the best theming among the moderates, the second-best kids play area after that at Port Orleans French Quarter, and propinquity to dining.
In October 2018, the pool bar Banana Cabana re-opened. The bar menu is here.
The first thing you’ll see is paired fort buildings “defending” the “channel” into the pool.
To the right is one of two hot tubs…
…and most of the lounge chairs–Caribbean Beach lost more than a quarter of its rooms to the completed-in-2018 refurb, so the pool is not as over-pressed as it used to be.
Part of the pool has a zero entry area.
There’s two water slides here, one more than a hundred feet long–you can see the end of it in the background of the image above.
Here’s another view of the pool and of the shorter waterslide.
The pool at night.
More pool images:
PAGES IN THIS REVIEW OF DISNEY’S CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: Overview and Summary
- Theming, accommodations and villages at Caribbean Beach
- Photo tour of a four person queen bed room at Caribbean Beach
- Photo tour of a five person queen and murphy bed room at Caribbean Beach
- Photo tour of a four person full bed Pirate room at Caribbean Beach
- Amenities at Caribbean Beach
- Dining at Caribbean Beach
- The main pool at Caribbean Beach
OTHER KEY PAGES FOR WHERE TO STAY AT DISNEY WORLD
- Where to stay–the Basics
- Where first-timers should stay
- Reviews of all the Disney World resorts, based on my 160+ stays in them