Walt Disney World Resort Distinctions: Values
By Dave Shute
This page highlights differences among value resorts. See this for features all values share, and differences among resort price categories.
DISTINCTIONS AMONG VALUE RESORTS
Disney’s Pop Century Resort (thumbnail). Only value resort on a lake (the All-Stars have no water views); only value that does not share any buses. Typically lower occupancy rates than other values–less crowded (but won’t feel that way).
The 40-foot tall character sculptures make Pop more “Disney-like” then the All-Stars. John Hench, a Disney Legend, notes in his book Designing Disney that “these beautiful sculptures are astonishing, unforgettable, and … have proven immensely popular.”
More graceful, less garish than All-Stars.
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort. Shared All-Star buses stop here first. Longer ride to parks than other All-Stars, but better chance of a seat; shorter ride back.
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort. Larger food court than other All-Stars. Shared buses stop here last, making the trip to the parks the shortest among the All-Stars, but increasing the chance you will have to stand. Return trip the longest. Some say more likely to be picked by couples traveling without kids, and because of that, quieter than other values.
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort. Only value with suites. This slightly reduces capacity compared to other All-Stars, potentially reducing crowds in pools, food court somewhat. Best landscaping; longest walks.
LINKS FOR WHERE TO STAY AT DISNEY WORLD
- For where to stay, see this
- For what you get in each resort price category, see this
- For Walt Disney World resort price seasons, see this
- For differences among value resorts, see this
- For the moderate resorts, see this
- For differences among moderate resorts, see this
- For differences among deluxe resorts, see this
- For the Disney Vacation Club (“DVC”) Resorts, see this
- For suites at the deluxe resorts, see this
- For a (geeky) overview of comparative room size, see this
- Large families should look at this, and also at
- Military/DOD families should look at this
- Tightwads should look at this
- Families seeking the most comfortable place to stay should see this