Walt Disney World Character Meals and Dinner Shows Ranked in Order
By Dave Shute
CHARACTER MEALS AND DINNER SHOWS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
This site’s recommended dining venues are in the basic itinerary and are listed at the bottom of this page.
They were selected based on how well-loved they are by families, kid-pleasing menus, how effectively they achieve their show intent, value for money, and convenience.
If you cannot follow these recommendations, use one of two tools.
First, the thumbnail (click to open; when open, click again once or twice to enlarge) ranks all the characters meals and dinner shows at Walt Disney World based both on appeal to kids and appeal to adults.
Use this information to balance these two kinds of appeal.
Or, second, see the list that comes next. This list recommends character meals and dinner shows in order, first on the basis of characters and the visual appeal of the setting, and after that on the relative amount of attention and fun your kids will get from the characters/event.
RECOMMENDED DISNEY WORLD CHARACTER MEALS RANKED IN ORDER
- Cinderella’s Royal Table (Magic Kingdom; Cinderella and Princesses)
- Askerhus Royal Banquet Hall (Epcot; Norway; Princesses)
- Chef Mickey’s (Contemporary Resort; Mickey, etc)
- 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian; Mary Poppins, etc. at breakfast, princesses at dinner)
- Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom, Pooh, Tigger, etc.)
- Garden Grill (Epcot; Mickey, etc.)
- Cape May Café (Beach Club; Goofy, Pluto, Chip, etc.)
- Donald’s Safari Breakfast (Animal Kingdom; Tusker House; Donald Duck, etc)
- Ohana Breakfast (Polynesian; Lilo etc.)
(None of the other character meals are recommended.)
RECOMMENDED DISNEY WORLD DINNER SHOWS RANKED IN ORDER
COMPLETE LIST OF DISNEY WORLD DINING SITES IN THE BASIC ITINERARY
- Cinderella’s Royal Table (Character Meal)
- Pecos Bill Café
- Crystal Palace (Character Meal)
- Dole Whip at Aloha Isle (Snack)
- Backlot Express
- Sci-Fi Diner (Snack)
- Akershus Banquet (Character Meal)
- Sunshine Season Food Fair
- San Angel Inn
- Boulangerie Patisserie (Snack)
- Flame Tree Barbecue
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue (Fort Wilderness, Dinner Show)
- Chef Mickey’s (Contemporary, Character Meal)
- Beaches and Cream (Beach Club, Snack)
- Dole Whip at Captain Cook’s (Polynesian, Snack)
- Plus your hotel’s counter service and your hotel room!
- House of Blues Gospel Brunch
- Rainforest Café
MORE ON WALT DISNEY WORLD DINING
- How to Eat
- The Disney Dining Plan
- What if You Can’t do the Dining Plan?
- Where to Eat
- Dining Alternatives
- The Comprehensive Guide to Walt Disney World Dining
- Character Meals and Dinner Shows Ranked in Order
- Table Service Meals at the Parks Ranked in Order
- Table Service Meals at the Resorts Ranked in Order