55 responses

1. jen
    February 20, 2013

i am planning to go to disney world august 18th to the 25th, i know its going to rain but will it be an all day event or rain and then the sun come out?

February 21, 2013

Hiya Jen! What’s typical is you get a late afternoon thunderstorm and then it clears back up!

• Marissa
      May 22, 2016

I will be there August 17th-21st 2016 for my 21st birthday (Aug 18) so i really am hoping for lil rain but it seems like we will get some. 🙁

May 25, 2016

Fingers crossed for you, Marissa!

2. Joanne
    April 11, 2013

hello, we are planning a trip the week of Oct 6-12-2013 and plan on Disney mid week. does it normally storm much during that time? Hurricanes? Isn’t it less likely then say, August? I haven’t been back in over 20 years, sure hope it isn’t ruined by bad weather. Thank you.

3. carmen
    May 14, 2013

we are planning on going june 8- 15th what is the weather like never been there, so nervous and want evertthing to go well. idk where to stay should i book on line or use a travel agent

4. Tajuana
    June 13, 2013

this sight is awesome. Thanks. I’m planning a trip to Disney the week of July29-Aug 3rd. Any tips on weather/hurricanes/rain? Thanks for your time.

5. jen
    August 1, 2013

Hi we are planning a trip Sept 7-15. Do you think we will have big weather worries.

6. Tracey
    October 7, 2013

Hi,
    I am planning a trip (deposit now paid!!!) for 18th May 2014 – 1st June 2014 – I am slightly worried now about rain and also crowds after reading various blogs. Am I worrying too much.

7. Natalie
    January 25, 2014

Hi Dave I really appreciate your expertise on crowds and weather at Disney. My dgts a teacher so our time at Disney is VERY LIMITED. I was thinking about the last week in Aug as the crowds supposedly have thinned by then but I’m concerned that the weather will be HORRID. I’ve also thought about the week BEFORE Easter thinking the crowds and weather would be better but now I’m thinking the crowds that week will be awful as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

January 26, 2014

Natalie, the week before Easter–just to be clear, the week that includes Good Friday–is one of the three busiest of the year. I’d take the heat and hurricane risk of August in a heartbeat…

8. Elizabeth Segobiano
    May 3, 2014

I just booked our honeymoon trip 9/6-9/12. Really wish I would have looked up weather conditions before hand. 🙁

When it rains, what are some indoor activities we can do? Any other tips to beat the rain?

May 4, 2014

Elizabeth, the parks are great in the rain. Many leave, so lines go down. Because so many leave, all the “indoor” stuff gets mobbed…

9. Ken Stoddard
    May 29, 2014

Our 4-Grandkids (9-16) and us will be going to parks 06/08/14 thru 06/12/14.
    Any tips? Weather predictions?

Thanks, Ken

10. Kathy
    September 7, 2014

We are headed to Disney World September15 – 19. What kind of weather can we expect?

11. Wendy Turcotte
    November 1, 2014

I am booking our trip Monday and want to go the week after Easter….April 13th thru April 21st. It looks like the crowds won’t be bad but before I book I was wondering about the weather…we plan on swimming with dolphins and want to make sure it’s hot enough out where we’re not going to freeze. And that we don’t go when there’s a lot of rain. Thank you, Wendy

12. Vanessa
    December 4, 2014

Hi! Love this site! Thanks for all of the information here! We are looking at the last week of February based on crowds but the my last visit was to Disneyland during that same time of year and we were wet and so COLD! What would you think we could expect that week in Orlando?

13. Katie
    January 12, 2015

We were thinking of going March 28–March 30. We were wondering what the weather/crowd would be like then? Thanks!

14. jen
    April 22, 2015

We are going to Disney November 7th to the 14th any weather issues that I should be concerned about and is veterans days big week for the parks..celebrating my daughter’s 3rd birthday

15. Rachel
    April 22, 2015

Hi we are going to disney May 10-15th what should i expect? The weather forcast doesnt look promising but is still 3 weeks away…

16. odi
    July 19, 2015

Hi, we will be visiting WDW 8/9/15 – 8/15/15 I been checking the weather appl a looks like thunder storms, should I be worried? 🙁

July 20, 2015

Odi, there are brief late afternoon thunderstorms almost every day in the summer. Don’t worry about them!!

17. Chrissy
    August 27, 2015

Hello,

We are visiting Sept 13th-21st, our travel agent advised us that Orlando has great weather and lowest crowds at this time. After reading a few articles I’m becoming weary that I was misguided. Is it true that the weather is typically great in mid Sept during our visit?

August 28, 2015

Chrissy, everyone’s idea of “great” is different. That said, I think that September can be considered the worst weather month. It has (on average) most of the oppressive summer heat and humidity of July and August, and piles on top of that being in the peak of the hurricane season.

• Chrissy
        August 29, 2015

Thanks for reply. As you said it is the peak of Hurricane season, so should we expect it to rain most of each day? We have planned 4 days at Disney, 2 at Universal, and 1 at Sea World, I’m weary we won’t be able to have the full experience at these parks.

August 30, 2015

In the summer, Chrissy, including September, it rains briefly almost every afternoon. This has little effect. Fronts/tropical storms can dump more rain for longer, if they happen.

• Chrissy
        August 31, 2015

Thanks so much for advice, it is much appreciated.

18. Amanda
    January 24, 2016

Hi Dave!
    Thank for all the insight.
    I’m going to Disney world Orlando Feb 11 – Feb 15 2016.
    I’m from Toronto so the cold isn’t something I’m unfamiliar with.
    What do you anticipate the weather to be like over those days? Struggling to figure out what to pack weather wise.
    Thanks!!!!

January 25, 2016

Amanda, February is highly variable–it can be quite warm or quite cool, or warm during the days and cool in the evenings. I’d pack based on the forecast right befroe you leave…

19. Lisa
    March 15, 2016

I’m planning a trip the week of June 20th, 2016. I am wondering how much rain to expect. Will it be very rainy, how long will it last?

March 16, 2016

Well, Lisa, on average it rains for an hour or so every afternoon, but weather fronts can change the specifics of what you see.

20. Josh
    April 9, 2016

Hi my son just got accepted to the make a wish an we are wanting to know when it best to go to Disney world with cool weather an rare rain ?

April 11, 2016

Hi Josh, the dry season is from late October through early May, and weather can be cool November through February.

21. Kelly B – Destinations In Florida
    May 23, 2016

Hey Marissa You can still have a wonderful time even if it rains. So many rides and attractions that are inside and the queues are mostly covered. Head to your local dollar store and buy a few rain ponchos. The ones in the park are much more price wise. And then you don\’t feel bad throwing them away at the end of the day.

22. Amy
    June 13, 2016

Hello,
    We are planning a trip for Feb 23-28 and was wondering if this time period, what are the chances of bad weather all day? I know It will be cooler temps, I’m ok with that, just wondering if this time period is a good time to attend.

June 13, 2016

Amy, while anything is possible with a specific storm, that is during the dry season so I would not expect all day bad weather. It can happen, but not likely

23. Atul
    December 22, 2016

I am planning a family vacation specially for my kids to Disneyworld Orlando from 5th June to 13th June. What are the chances of Rain? Will it rain on these days? If so will it be throughout the day? Also if it rains will the night light parade and Fireworks still operate or will it stand cancelled. This information is vital to me as I will be travelling from India. I dont want it to be a washout.

December 23, 2016

Atul, either could happen, both are common, neither will matter. The evening parade has been gone for a while now, and rain has no effect on fireworks.

24. Candice
    January 25, 2017

Hi there! I’m trying to plan my trip and decide which days to use my park hopper pass and which day to go to typhoon lagoon. I was wondering if you know anytbing about weather and potential thunderstorms during the time we are going. It’s our first trip so I want to plan to get in as much as I can. We go to Walt Disney world from may 4-11 2017. Thanks so much.

January 26, 2017

Candice, there’s no way to make forecasts that far ahead. Early May most years is still in the “dry season” but major fronts may chnage that.

25. Jackie a
    February 24, 2017

Hi there. I am planning to go to orlando from August 13 2017 thru August 18. Should i move my dates? Im worried it will rain so bad that it will ruin everything

February 26, 2017

Jackie, it’s rare to see “rain so bad that it ruins everything.”

26. Dave
    June 11, 2013

Thanks for the link, Tom!