2013 Weeks to Visit Walt Disney World, Ranked in Order
OVERVIEW: 2013 WEEKS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
This site recommends arriving at Walt Disney World one of the first three Saturdays after Thanksgiving.
If you can’t go then, presented below are the weeks of 2013 in order of best to worst (revised January 2013).
The week rankings are based on the 2013 Disney World Crowd Calendar and 2013 Walt Disney World price seasons, as well as other factors–the Christmas season, ride closure season and hurricane season in particular.
The ranking is designed for first time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.
For visitors on a return trip, less concerned about ride closures, the later January and early February weeks would be ranked much higher–with the Marathon and Martin Luther King Day weeks being the worst of these.
Returning visitors–and anyone who wants a more personalized approach–should see the 2013 Week Picker
For details on how these week rankings are crafted, see this.
RECOMMENDED 2013 WEEKS, RANKED IN ORDER
The recommended weeks that follow are wonderful weeks to visit Walt Disney World in 2013.
- 1: 11/30/13. Tail end of Thanksgiving week makes the first Saturday, and perhaps Sunday, of this week more crowded than the same days in weeks 2 and 3. The rest of this week is terrific.
- 2: 12/7/13. This is a week that, because of Pop Warner football demand for resort rooms, is rarely discounted beyond its already low prices. Those intending to stay at Pop Century or other value resorts should consider avoiding this week, as Pop Warner may make the value resorts crowded and boisterous this week
The third week shares the low crowds and Christmas program of the first two weeks, but is much more expensive.
- 3: 12/14/13.
- 4: 10/19/13. Peak of hurricane season just over; perfect otherwise. Low crowds and low prices.
- 5: 10/26/13. A wonderful week. Great weather, low crowds and low prices.
- 6: 11/9/13. Weather starts to become cooler and more variable
Weeks 7-9 share great late spring weather, have low crowds, but are more expensive than any of the weeks so far except week #3. They are near-tied, but are in calendar order as the best weather is earlier.
- 7: 4/20/13
- 8: 4/27/13
- 9: 5/4/13
- 10: 2/23/13
Week 11 is similar to weeks 4-6, but suffers at its end from the beginning of the Thanksgiving crowds:
- 11: 11/16/13
Week 12 is similar to weeks 7-9, but risks slightly higher crowds.
- 12: 4/13/13
Week 13 is similar to week 9, except a little hotter, a little more crowded, and more at risk of hitting the beginning of the rainy season.
- 13: 5/11/13.
Week 14 risks the first day or two hitting the tail of Easter crowds. The rest of the week is similar to week 12.
- 14: 4/6/13
This completes the weeks in 2013 that are recommended.
CLICK HERE FOR THE RANKING OF THE REST OF THE WEEKS OF 2013
For the rest of the weeks of 2013, click here.
(After you click it, the image will open.
When it opens, click it again to enlarge it.)
Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook!