14 responses

1. Traci
    July 25, 2021

Hi there,

looking to plan a trip in 2022. Do you have any info on crowds and prices for next year? Also, any idea if Dining will be returning?

Thank you.

2. Liz
    July 25, 2021

I’m a bit nervous now as we have had a long time planned trip from December 4th to the 14th. We initially chose this time to celebrate Christmas and based on previous data that the first couple of weeks in December are not so bad. Very concerned like you that the 50th and deferred vacations will make this and untenable time to go. We are a group of 10 with lots of first timers and you never really know if you’ll get another chance to go, frankly. My two elderly parents are included in the group. Not sure whether to postpone or not.

3. mashy
    July 22, 2021

Thanks! I am leaving towards those dates too but am a bit concerned about heat & humidity. Lol
    I’m wondering now with happy ever after ending and epcot forever, if that’s going to draw more people in too plus I think tickets are expiring at the end of September too right?
    It’s all one big wild card.

4. nashy
    July 21, 2021

I’m looking at a quick 3 day trip before the 50th anniversary and right now debating between what’s listed as 25 & 26 . I’ve noticed these have much lower ticket & hotel pricing too.
    I’m looking at August 23-25 (m-w) or September 1-3 (w-f).
    With the park order being hs first, Epcot sandwiched in the middle, and last day mk.
    My goal with a Disney trip is usually lower wait times and crowds so I can get a bunch done. Lol.

Based on that, which do you think would be the better choice of days?

When do labor day crowds usually start? Do people come start the trip that Thursday – Friday or extend it into the next week?

Thanks !

• Dave
      July 22, 2021

Hey Nashy, Labor Day is the least crowded among the major holidays traditionally, but in 2021 all bets are off. I would have a slight preference for your August dates because of that, because those whose schools don’t start til the day after Labor Day may clot up your September dates

5. Amanda
    April 17, 2021

oops. here I was pointing out an error and I was incorrect in my correction. ha! anyway it was actually week 12 not 11 that you have listed as 7/12/21 instead of 7/17/21.
    don’t I feel sheepish

• Dave
      April 19, 2021

Hi Amanda! Thanks so much for the catch. I have fixed it, and I am the sheepish one!

6. Amanda
    April 17, 2021

Hi! I love your site even though I’m a returning Disney guest and appreciate the thorough content, advice and practical/realistic guidance. I’m actually contacting you because I found an error on your chart and only mention it because it confused me until I figured it out. You have the week of July 10 as a top choice and then your choice for 11th is wk of 7/12. I went back and looked at big chart and saw it was supposed to be 7/17. We actually planned a small trip around your advice which is the only reason I noticed:). Thank you again!!!!

7. Jim
    February 11, 2021

I have a trip planned for 5/22/21. Have been to the parks during this week previously, but the crowd levels were lower. Do you think the parks will be manageable this week or will wait times and crowds be an issue? We were hoping for lower crowds and shorter lines. Thank you

• Dave
      February 17, 2021

Hi Jim, I expect to see higher crowds the weekend that’s at the end of your week from Memorial day. The parks should be OK before then!

8. Jonathan
    February 3, 2021

Something I think would be really helpful is if you would share your thoughts/possibly even rank the “non-recommended” weeks for people who have absolutely no choice but to go during that time or not at all. Like, do you have a top 5 “you could enjoy it ok, but it won’t be ‘magical’ ” weeks? Either way, your rankings were a godsend for me on the only time I’ve ever taken my kids before (and we didn’t ever think we’d go back, but now several years later and having had more children, we’re considering going again).

• Dave
      February 5, 2021

Hi Jonathan, so glad I could help before. The table has rankings for every week in it, so that’s what I’d use as a starting point to pick among non-recommended weeks. Once you start narrowing down, ping me back with your ideas and I’ll advise further!

9. Jennifer
    January 11, 2021

Wow! Who would have thought after all these years, I would have managed to choose your #1 week, and that week would be in JULY??? It’s a strange, strange world, my friends… Thanks for your guidance as always, Dave!!! 🙂

• Dave
      January 12, 2021

A strange world, my friend!

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2021 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.

mobile desktop