For the first page of this review of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, click here.
THE POOLS AT DISNEY’S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort has two pools and a kids splash area.
It’s the only principal pool at Disney World not aimed at kids, and is marketed by Disney as “tranquil.”
The Courtyard Pool at night.
There’s also a hot tub here…
…and a pool bar…
…with an extensive menu. See the current menu here.
On the far east side of the resort is a more kid-friendly pool/water play area. There’s an Alice in Wonderland-themed water play area here.
The play area at night…
…and also a second pool, the more kid-friendly the Beach Pool…
…with a slide…
…and another bar. The menu for the Beach Pool bar is here. I particularly recommend the Crab Cake Sandwich.
The Beach Pool in the evening.
The actual beach here.
A fire pit in the beach area is used for making S’mores in the evening.
Movies are shown on the nearby beach most evenings.
Most of the deluxe resorts have a better suite of pools than these, but they function perfectly adequately for a visit.
PAGES IN THIS REVIEW OF DISNEY’S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT
- Overview and summary of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Theming and accommodations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- A photo tour of a standard room at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Amenities at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Dining at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- The pools at at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
OTHER KEY PAGES FOR WHERE TO STAY AT DISNEY WORLD
- Where to stay–the Basics
- Where first-timers should stay
- Reviews of all the Disney World resorts, based on my 160+ stays in them