OVERVIEW: HOW MUCH TO BUDGET FOR THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER
The typical family of four seeking to see all the best of the Wizarding World should budget, in addition to their Walt Disney World budget, around $750 for two days of Universal Orlando park to park tickets. (Skipping one ride, the Hogwarts Express, will let you save about $40/person by getting single park tickets.)
If you can afford it, budget even more for a night at the Royal Pacific or Cabana Bay (the best way to do Harry Potter; for why, see Where to Stay During Your Visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter).
MORE DETAILS ON BUDGETING FOR THE WIZARDING WORLD
(These instructions are for fitting a visit to Universal Orlando’s The Wizarding World of Harry Potter into a first family trip to Walt Disney World. Click here for the Summary of Instructions for visiting Harry Potter.)
See this page for the best way to handle Harry Potter, including your various Universal Orlando ticketing options and their implications for how long you may have to stay in line.
- Just to be clear, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located in Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios theme parks.
- Universal Orlando, and Harry Potter, is not part of Walt Disney World. Your Disney tickets won’t get you in, and Disney buses do not run there…
If you simply wish to spend a two mornings seeing Harry Potter–one at Hogsmeade and one at Diagon Alley, two day tickets per person to enter Universal cost on the Universal Orlando website about $135 (after tax) per person between 3 and 10, and $145 per person ten and older. Kids younger than 3 enter the park for free.
Families wishing to book a night at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort should budget $270-$400+ more, depending on the season and whatever discounts—e.g. AAA—they can find. Cabana Bay is much less expensive.
Besides your local AAA chapter, also check MouseSavers.com for any discounts you might be able to take advantage of, and also Universal Orlando’s “hot deals” page. Then check the hotel website for exact prices for your stay, using the codes for whatever deals you have found.
Families wishing to ride the Hogwarts Express will need to buy “Park to Park” tickets, which cost about $40 more per person.
LINKS FOR THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER
- When to Go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- How Long to Stay at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- How Old/Tall Your Kids Should be for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Where to Stay During Your Visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- How Much to Budget for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- When Your Plans for Visiting the Wizarding World Should Be Firm
- How to Spend Your Time at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- What to Do When to Get Ready for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter