October 2015 at Walt Disney World
By Dave Shute
OVERVIEW: OCTOBER 2015 AT DISNEY WORLD
Later October has some of the best times of the year to visit Disney World, with nice weather, low crowds, low prices, and fun special events.
The first half of the month is OK, but not so good, as the first week is still in the peak of the hurricane season, and the second week sees extra crowds and higher prices from Columbus Day.
OCTOBER 2015 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
October is one of the least crowded months at Walt Disney World–though it gets more crowded every year with kids on fall breaks, especially the week of Columbus Day.
On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 9/26 has a crowd rating of 4/low-plus, the week beginning 10/3 5/moderate-minus, the week beginning 10/10 6/moderate, the week beginning 10/17 3/low and the week beginning 10/24 3/low.
OCTOBER 2015 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
October 2015 prices begin 10% higher than the lowest of the year at the values, 8% higher at the moderates, and 12% higher at the deluxes.
Other than a bump over Columbus Day weekend, value and moderate prices stay this level all month. Deluxe prices see the same Columbus Day weekend bump, then drop a bit on 10/18 to 10% higher than the lowest of the year.
See this for more on 2015 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.
OCTOBER 2015 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
As I write this, no deals are available for October 2015. Any that get released will be available here.
OCTOBER 2015 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.
OCTOBER 2015 SPECIAL EVENTS
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party continues on selected dates throughout October.
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival continues through the month.
OCTOBER 2015 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.
The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance.
These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:
WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR OCTOBER 2015 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE
The week rankings that follow below are from 2015 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.
Click the image for a calendar view of 2015 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)
- 9/26/2015 Low prices at values, moderate prices at deluxes and moderates. Low-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=4. Week ranking=25. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
- 10/3/2015 Low prices at values, moderate prices at deluxes and moderates. Moderate-minus crowds. Crowd ranking=5. Week ranking=26. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, but swap First Sunday and Wednesday in both the itinerary and its To-Do List
- 10/10/2015 Moderate prices. Moderate crowds. Crowd ranking=6. Week ranking=17. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, but swap First Sunday and Wednesday in both the itinerary and its To-Do List
- 10/17/2015 Low prices in values and deluxes, moderate prices in moderates. Low crowds. Crowd ranking=3. Week ranking=5. Recommended week. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary,but swap First Sunday and Wednesday in both the itinerary and its To-Do List
- 10/24/2015 Low prices in values and deluxes, moderate prices in moderates. Low crowds. Crowd ranking=3. Recommended week. Week ranking=6. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, but swap a. First Sunday and Wednesday, and b. Friday and Second Saturday, in both the itinerary and its To-Do List
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this
Want a second opinion? Then check out my book lol.