Bounce-back Offer Hints at 2013 Free Dining Dates at Walt Disney World…and at Changes in Price Elasticity?

2013 FREE DISNEY WORLD DINING DATES?

A “bounce back offer” is a deal offered to Disney World hotel guests that they can only take advantage of if they book it during their current stay.

As I write this, I’m in Disney World’s All-Star Music Family Suites (review here!) and the offer in my room is for free dining beginning 8/18/2013.

However, there’s a wrinkle: the end dates of the free dining offer vary depending on what resort type you reserve.

2013 FREE DINING AT THE DELUXES LASTS LONGER THAN AT THE MODERATES?

The end of the offer is noted (see the image above) as 9/13/2013 for moderates, and 9/26/2013 for Deluxes.

I can’t recall a recent late summer free dining offer that had different end dates by resort type, so this is interesting in itself, and even more interesting if it truly is a guide to the general public 2013 late summer free dining offer.

The difference, though, does tie to some other differences between 2013 Disney World price seasons and its practices in prior years.

As noted here, the 2013 late summer/early fall value season at the value and moderate resorts ends two weeks earlier in 2013 than it had in prior years–on September 13, rather than the more typical September 26.

However, the late summer/early fall value season at the deluxes continues to run through September 26, as it would be expected to do based on prior years.

So the end dates of the offer tie to the now-different end dates of the value season.

So if this bounce back is in fact a predictor of the final general public 2013 free dining offer, then the last two weeks of September are going to be really expensive for those pursuing moderate resorts and (probably) value resorts compared to the same dates in 2012.

First, they are now in a more expensive price season (Fall instead of Value), and second, free dining–which can save a family of four on the order of $120-200 a day–may not be available to them those weeks.

WHY WOULD DISNEY SHORTEN FREE DINING AND RAISE PRICES IN THE SECOND HALF OF SEPTEMBER?

Keep in mind that while the price season changes for 2013 are set, the end dates of the 2013 general public free dining program are just an informed hypothesis.

But regardless, Disney has some reason for increasing effective prices at the values and the moderates the last two weeks of September 2013, and it’s interesting to speculate why.

The first possibility is that Disney has reason to believe that people are in fact less sensitive to prices in this period than it had believed in the past.

Disney World sets its overall program of base hotel price seasons and accompanying discounts to maximize overall profits in both the short and long term.

The short-term issue is filling more beds in its hotels at the highest achievable price; the long term issue is not discounting so much that the perceived worth of the brand is harmed.

Over the course of the year, Disney World hotel prices go up and down.  Prices go down to draw more people into the hotels; prices go up to capture more value from people who have firmly decided they are going to be in a Walt Disney World resort hotel during those dates regardless.

(In technical terms, lower prices shape behavior in response to elastic demand, and higher prices take advantage of inelastic demand.)

Getting this right is important, as otherwise money gets left on the table. You can tell how important it is by one of the free books that Disney gave away last week at its 2012 Disney Analytics and Optimization Summit.

This summit was attended by 550 people, 400 of whom were Disney analytic and decision science staff, and many of the presenters were their peers.  It was kinda Disney talking to Disney in a way that few substantive public conferences are.  (See this for more thoughts from the Summit.)

Conference attendees could get one of a dozen so books for free, and one of the books offered was Robert Cross’s Revenue Management… “Hard Core Tactics for Market Domination,” as the cover says…

Why Disney might think demand is less elastic these two weeks I have no idea; this could even be an experiment to test to see if demand then is inelastic.

Another possibility is the Disney World has plans for these dates that it expects will intrinsically increase demand for them.

Possibilities that come to mind include lengthening the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival and opening it in mid-September, opening the Seven Dwarf Mine Train ride then, or both.

All speculation…but there is a business reason underneath all of this, somewhere!

And for some more recent speculation, see this.

1 Terri { 09.03.12 at 11:55 am }

First I want to say thank you for your awesome site…I’ve learned so much since I found it 2 weeks ago, and we’ve been going to WDW every year since it opened! :)
My question is, do you think that Disney skipping straight to a late summer dining deal on the Bounce Back offer is an indicator that free dining might not be offered this coming winter/early spring? We are hoping for free dining for the end of January/beginning of February, or maybe at least a room only discount. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

2 Dave { 09.03.12 at 4:45 pm }

Hi Terri, and thanks! Glad the site is helping!

I wouldn’t read too much into the bounce back re its implications for earlier in the year…

3 jojo { 09.03.12 at 4:52 pm }

Just like to ask you a question. The last 4 times that we have gone to Disney world we have had the free dining pkg, each time around the early fall between Sept to middle of October, I was wondering if they will be offering it next year around Columbus week because we have a big family vacation of 11 going at that time, thanks for help if you have any news regardingmy concern.

4 Dave { 09.03.12 at 6:04 pm }

Hi jojo, free dining has been common in September, but typically has many fewer eligible arrival dates in October, and for sure won’t be offered for Columbus week, as they can get enough people in the hotels then without it!

For example, see this for eligible October 2012 arrival dates: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/12/free-dining-plan-disney-world-fall-2012/ and this for October 2011: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/08/03/new-free-disney-world-dining-deal-through-march-2012/

5 GGMM { 09.05.12 at 8:20 am }

This is such a great site! I’m planning our 2nd trip y
To WDW, but actually doing some research this time — tons of great advice here thank you!

We are planning to go 2/26-3/4 2013. My question is how long do you think I should hold out in hopes of free dining and/or room discounts? I’m eager to have everything planned and make ADRs. If I make room only reservations now how difficult would it be to rebook with any future offer/discount that comes along between now and then?

Thanks so much!

6 Dave { 09.05.12 at 8:54 am }

GGMM, thanks for the kind words about the site! It’s easy to change so don’t wait, but make a reservation that includes tix or something–a package, not a room only. This is because if the discount comes out, it’s easier to change a package than a room only, as they have different rules…

7 Lily from Destinations in Florida { 09.06.12 at 10:27 pm }

GGMM- One of the best ways to get first choice when Disney has free dining is to use a travel agent. They can adjust your package early the morning that Free Dining is released.

8 Jennifer { 09.17.12 at 3:38 pm }

When my family went back in early March (pre-Spring Break) we had a free dining plan. We’re going to go again the second week of April next year, and I obviously want to get it booked (deposit only) by October 15 so I can get our dining reservations in. If, by some miracle, after we book it (through the Disney site), they decide to offer a free dining plan again, will I be able to call Disney and get it changed?

9 Jennifer { 09.17.12 at 3:39 pm }

Dave, I apologize for not having read earlier comments. You already answered my question! Thanks again for a TERRIFIC website!!! :-)

10 Dave { 09.17.12 at 3:46 pm }

Thanks Jennifer!

11 Mare { 09.19.12 at 2:06 pm }

Wonderful site! I have a question regarding the dates for August free dining. On the bounce back offer it states the offer begins on 8/18/13. However, every year it begins around 8/25 or 8/28 for the general public offer. Is the early date a bonus for booking the bounce back? I can kick myself for not booking the bounce back offer while I was in WDW as now we have decided to return that same week in August. I just need to know what date to book. Do I play it safe and go with the week of 8/25? Thanks in advance!

12 Dave { 09.20.12 at 7:49 am }

Mare, that’s a great point. For sure to be safe I’d go with the later week…

13 kelly { 09.29.12 at 8:03 am }

I know I have heard the free dining offer does not apply to the campsites but, what about the Premium campsites? Can you get the free dining offer if you are reserving a premium campsite? We would get a hotel but, we are bringing our dogs and we have to bring our camper so this way we can bring our pets?

14 Dave { 09.29.12 at 1:37 pm }

Kelly, no you can’t.

15 Maggie { 10.04.12 at 8:19 pm }

We would like to go to Disneyworld in March 2013. When will they offer free dining? Thank you!

16 Dave { 10.05.12 at 8:24 am }

Hi Maggie, no one knows if they will or won’t offer free dining, but I do expect some type of deals in the first 2/3 of the month. I published a guess the other day on when they might come out—see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/10/03/when-will-2013-walt-disney-world-deals-come-out/

17 Maria { 10.10.12 at 8:43 pm }

Hi we have a group going to Disney Aug 1 thru Aug 10th. Are there going to be any packages that time frame? Or any rumors on free dining then? There will be 15 of us. Thanks so much

18 Dave { 10.11.12 at 10:57 am }

Hi Maria, deals for then–if any–won’t be out for months…April or May would be my guess. That’s a little early in the month for free dining–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/09/02/bounce-back-offer-hints-2013-free-dining-dates/

19 Anonymous { 11.15.12 at 1:14 pm }

My family is going to disney April 14-April 26 2013. Do you know if free dining was released for those days at all???

20 Dave { 11.15.12 at 3:15 pm }

Hi there have been no deals released yet for after early March. For the Jan-March deals, there’s no free dining on offer, which makes me suspect it may not be offered nearly as much in 2013 as it has been the past couple of years…

21 Ken { 11.15.12 at 11:19 pm }

Your site rocks!!! My wife and I are planning our trip for 9/22/2012 – 10/1 or 10/6. This is our third trip in 4 years. This time, we are leaving the kids at home. I can get a killer deal with air miles right now. Whats the chances of free dining, for the general public, that late into Sept this year??? That bounce back offer you posted has kinda got me concerned. The FD plan (and no kids this trip) is the only way we can afford to go to Disney, this year. :-)

Thanks a ton for you time!!!!!!

Ken Morrison

22 Dave { 11.16.12 at 4:48 pm }

Hi Ken, and thanks! Honestly, there’s no way to know for sure what will be up until Disney releases the deal…which would likely be sometime between April and June…

23 Ken { 11.17.12 at 12:27 am }

Thanks for your insight Dave!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

24 Tim { 12.04.12 at 12:41 pm }

i don’t see the value resort bounce back offer?

25 Dave { 12.04.12 at 2:25 pm }

Hey Tim, I’ve seen values included in other bouncebacks I’ve seen since I posted this…

26 Amanda { 01.10.13 at 5:50 pm }

Thinking about going the week before Thanksgiving. Two questions is this a slow time?? Also, is the Free Dining plan generally offered at this time?

27 Dave { 01.11.13 at 12:11 pm }

Hi Amanda, if you mean the week that ends the weekend before Thanksgiving, that’s a great time to go–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/09/19/2013-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/ If you mean the week that includes Thanksgiving, that’s a lousy week…

Free dining offers have been a response to the slow recovery. Disney has said it’s cutting back on discounts, and has already not offered free dining for some 2013 periods that it did offer it in recent years…so I would not count on it…

28 Cathy { 01.13.13 at 1:54 pm }

Great site!! Friends of ours went to Disney last year during the last week of August and received free dining at their moderate resort. Is it also available with value resorts? Do you know if there is free dining at the end do August for 2013? When does that get released? Which hotel do you recommend for first time Disney travellers? Thank you so much!!

29 Dave { 01.14.13 at 7:40 am }

Hi Cathy!

My hotel recommendations are here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/where-to-stay/next-best-resort-choices/

If there’s free dining in Aug/Sept, it likely will include free “counter service” dining for the values, based on how its worked in the past. However, there’s lots of rumors that this program may be changed or cut back. We won’t know for a while–May to June is the typical time for it to be announced….

30 Cathy { 01.14.13 at 3:22 pm }

Thanks Dave…if we were to book now and then Disney announces a free dining plan, do they honour the deal or does it only apply at booking times? Could “counter service” be upgraded to the full dining plan if you are at a value hotel?

31 Dave { 01.14.13 at 4:55 pm }

Cathy, neither. If they announce the deal, and your hotel and arrival dates are eligible, then you call them (right away, as they offer a limited number of rooms to the deal per hotel) and re-book your current reservation into the new deal! And yes, you’ve been able in the past to pay the cash price difference to turn free counter service into partially free regular dining…

32 Crystal { 01.14.13 at 8:55 pm }

Love your site, we (husband, daughter (11) and I) are either visiting 10/20/13-10/30/13 or 12/1/13-12/11/13, hopefully staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Wondering if you have any thoughts on which may be the better weeks for a visit, crowds are our main deterant. Since you have listed the Pop Warner dates, we will plan to visit the less busy parks the week of 12/7, but what I can’t find specific dates or a time frame that the Christmas decorations start to go up, this is the main reason for the debate between the weeks,(also we would love free dining). We saw the fall decorations about 5-6 years ago, and thought maybe a different season would be a good idea. And while I’m asking questions, have you ever stayed in one resort for part of a vacation, and finished in another…the reason I’m asking is that the Polynesian looks really nice too, even though the Lodge is really our type of place, and I don’t think we have the budget to stay the whole time at the Poylnesian, it just seems like it will be a hassle, any ideas on the best way the split 10 days, between 2 places…we will be doing the Disney Dining Plan and get 10 day hopper passes for the parks. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

33 Dave { 01.15.13 at 7:09 am }

Hiya Crystal!

Crowds are about the same in the two periods you are considering, and both are great times to go.

Your October dates will get you Halloween decorations, the Halloween party, Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, and likely warmer weather.

The Christmas decorations start going up in early November, and the full Christmas program is in place by the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I’ll post itineraries for both periods 6ish months before.

I “split stay” all the time, as it lets me review two hotels on one plane ticket. In fact on my next trip over a nine night visit I’ll be staying in three hotels!

You do have to pack and unpack twice (Disney will get your luggage from one hotel to the next) and you will be homeless between check out and check in time…but it’s fun to see more than one place! If you do end up splitting, start at WL and end sat the Poly. The Poly rooms are so much bigger that otherwise you might be a little disappointed at WL.

34 Donna { 01.15.13 at 10:35 pm }

I am new to your site and it looks very informative. Our family is thinking of going to Disney World August 18. Based on what the bounce back offers look like, do you think we might catch the Free Dining. Also, can I book my ADR’s 6 month ahead without the free plan and then keep my reservations and get the free dining? Do I have to have a package booked to do this?

Thanks,
Donna

35 Dave { 01.16.13 at 11:42 am }

Hi Donna and thanks! Anyone, with or without a hotel booking, can book ADRs six months out. Dunno whether free dining will come out or not, but if it does, you can re-book your hotel into it, if your hotel and arrival dates are covered by the plan.

36 Shelly { 01.17.13 at 11:58 am }

Can you tell me what the past offers have been for visting in December.

37 Dave { 01.17.13 at 1:01 pm }
38 Jazmin { 01.19.13 at 10:17 am }

Hello Dave, my family and I have never stayed on Disney grounds, we usually use timeshares. Our vacation time is July 21-27….I am tryig to understand This free dining DEAL, we are well familiar with the $175-200 per day meals. We have bought parkhopper passes; so now if I could only put it all together to save on the back end. You seemed like a good resource to start with. Thanks for any input.

39 Dave { 01.19.13 at 12:06 pm }

Hi Jazmin, there’s no free dining deal (or any other deals) out for July. One may come out later…if it does, you’ll be able to find it here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/03/29/walt-disney-worlds-latest-spring-and-summer-deal/ If I had to bet, I’d say there won’t be a free dining deal for July, so probably you should plan as though there won’t be one…

40 Crystal { 01.20.13 at 9:13 am }

We just booked out vacation in March 9-14 however, they said the hotel didn’t have a military discount because of blackout dates…. But they don’t match up with the website dates?

41 Dave { 01.20.13 at 9:17 am }

Crystal, which hotel, and how did you book?

42 Jessica { 01.24.13 at 11:33 am }

Me and my husband are going to disney world july 28-august 2nd 2013
and i was wondering if there are any discounts available
For those times yet.we are planning to book end of april

43 Dave { 01.24.13 at 12:59 pm }

Hi Jessica, the discounts out now only cover into mid-June. If one does come out, I’ll post about it, and link to it here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/03/29/walt-disney-worlds-latest-spring-and-summer-deal/

44 Monica Chrisanthon { 02.13.13 at 10:20 am }

My husband daughter son inlaw and 2 yr old grandaughter and I are going to WDW June 15-22 2013. Any help with any tips on savers Etc would be do helpful. It is a first time for everyone and we hear that there might be free dining offers etc. we are booking thru AAA and the agent said there might be PIN numbers? We would appreciate any help

45 Dave { 02.13.13 at 12:50 pm }

Monica, there are no deals out right now with arrival dates after June 14. If any do come out, they’ll be noted here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/03/29/walt-disney-worlds-latest-spring-and-summer-deal/ For additional ideas, see the material that begins here http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/10/03/introduction-to-the-tightwads-guide-to-walt-disney-world/ and also here: http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/

46 Barb T { 02.16.13 at 10:07 am }

Hi Dave! We will be visiting Disneyworld in May 19th thru the 25th. I would like to know if and when they offer free dining how to find out about it(how do i do this?). We have made our reservations already. And if there are discounts for our hotesl(all star sports resort). Ty for all of your great info!!.

47 Brianne { 02.16.13 at 1:48 pm }

Hi Dave, we are planning our Disney trip for 9/21-9/27 but after reading this I’m wondering if I should move it up 2 weeks because I was hoping to take advantage of free dining if it I’d available, based on what you have seen and heard do you think I should? We were going to stay at the Art of Animation in a family suite. Another question does your entire stay have to fall within the time period Disney I’d offering free dining or is it just the check in date? By the way, your site is extremely helpful! Great job!

48 Dave { 02.17.13 at 8:55 am }

Hi Barb! If free dining comes out for those dates–which I highly doubt it will–it’ll be here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/03/03/summary-of-current-walt-disney-world-deals-and-discounts/

49 Dave { 02.17.13 at 9:10 am }

Hi Brianne! On your second quesiton, eligibility for a deal is almost always governed by arrival date–so your whole trip doesn’t need to be eligible, just the arrival date. Re moving your dates…if the earlier dates work almost or just as well for you, then why not?

50 Jennifer { 02.28.13 at 5:19 pm }

Hi Dave. Thank you for the suggestions and helpful tips. Planning another WDW trip in November 2013. Hoping for free fall dining. Anything in the rumor mill for free Fall 2013 dining? In looking at the fall free dining dates for 2012, the week immediately before Thanksgiving was excluded, which of course, is the week we are currently planning. May have to change dates to two weeks before in the hopes of hitting a date in the free dining promo. Also was planning with the week before Thanksgiving because I really want to do Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Hopefully, both free dining and a date for MVMCP will work out. Any insight on either would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

51 Dave { 03.01.13 at 6:30 am }

Hi Jennifer! Last year, you could get free dining the week before Thanksgiving for arrivla dates well into that week–up until the Thursday before Thanksgiving. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/12/free-dining-plan-disney-world-fall-2012/

So far this year there has not been a free dining offer, so I’m skepticla thta we’ll see a lot of free dining the rest of the year. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/02/07/2013-free-dining-mymagic-implications-disneys-q1-2013-earnings-call/

The Christmas Party should kick off sometime between November 8 and November 11.

52 Millia { 03.03.13 at 3:09 pm }

Hey Dave, this site is awesome for planning my first trip with my family to disney world, but if a free dinning offer were to come does it apply to vacations made through travelocity? I want to book my entire vacation from hotel, tickets, and flights through travelocity during August 28-September 2

53 Dave { 03.03.13 at 4:10 pm }

Millia, I don’t know–but I’ll see if I can find out!

54 Vicki { 03.03.13 at 5:19 pm }

hi Dave. I hope you haven’t answered this already. I would like to book August 24th thru the 30th, 2013, I would like to go ahead and book my hotel and adrs but kind of need the free dining. What do you think my chances are for getting this at this time and can I get it if I already book the trip?I am very aware there are no guarantees!

55 Dave { 03.04.13 at 9:01 am }

Hi Vicki, you can get it after you book, but it’s easiest to do so if you book a “package” not a room only deal. And I think the odds are high that we’ll see free dining these weeks as we have for years now…but the form may be different…

56 Dave { 03.04.13 at 9:05 am }

Hi Millia, I’ve checked in on your question, and the answer is no. To convert a reservation to any deal Disney releases, the original reservation must have been booked through Disney or a travel agent.

If a deal comes out you can always book it and cancel your Travelocity ressie—but do be sure you know the Travelocity cancellation penalties first…

57 Sam { 03.08.13 at 8:10 pm }

Hello Dave. My family has taken advantage of the free dining plan for the last couple of years in the last week of August ( we find the crowd levels are very low this week). We are planning to return this year from 8/25 to 8/31. How good do you think the chances are of a free dining plan being offered again for this time period?

58 Dave { 03.09.13 at 7:47 am }

Hi Sam, I’d put them at much better than 50-50!

59 J. { 03.26.13 at 11:38 am }

Hi Dave, I wanted to offer a reason for Disney increasing room rates on late september : SPRING BREAK in South America. I am a travel agent in Buenos Aires, Argentina and for the last 5 years we have seen an enormous increse of people travelling to Disney on the 3rd week of september. The same happens in Brazil, Chile and Uruguay. There is also an important amount of “Quinceañeras” traveling in spring break. This are groups of 15 years old girls. Therefore, I guess that Disney has realized that it can charge more for those weeks.
Hope we can offer free dining this year for those weeks !!! We have no news yet. But we do know that next week we can start offering a “room only” discount HCJ for stays from june 13 till august 14.
Bye
J.

60 Dave { 03.26.13 at 4:45 pm }

Thanks, J., that’s very helpful!!

61 Ashley { 04.02.13 at 9:58 pm }

I’m looking to take my daughter(9) to Disney for her third visit in November. We’ve never been in November and I was looking at checking in the Thursday before Thanksgiving and checking out the day before Turkey Day. If a special offer is released and it’s not valid that week of thanksgiving, but is offered on our arrival date, will the offer apply to the entire length of our stay?

Thanks for your help!

62 Sheree { 04.10.13 at 3:51 pm }

Hello Dave,
I have a trip already booked in the family suites at the Art of Animation value resort. We will be there 10 days from August 21st to August 30th. Do you think it likely, that we would be able to snag the free dining based off of the dates scheduled?
Thanks for any input!

63 Corie { 04.10.13 at 4:13 pm }

Great site! I am trying to plan a vacation to Disney as a surprise to my husband and children, and was wondering if Disney gives a discount rate on hotels (Deluxe) at the end of August (8/21, or 8/24-9/3)

64 VALQUIRIA { 04.10.13 at 9:29 pm }

Boa noite, sou nova por aqui e estou tentando entender um pouco mais sobre esse site, pelo q estou lendo tem meses q dentro dos hoteis Disney ocorre jantares gratis? seria isso? estarei chegando no hotel art of animation no dia 19/08 e retornaremos ao Brasil dia 31/08 vc pode me dizer se tenho a possibilidade de ter esses jantares?Gostaria de saber como faco p me informar?? aguardo respostas.

65 Dave { 04.11.13 at 9:59 am }

Hi Sheree, if the deal comes out, yes, I think your dates will work!

66 Dave { 04.11.13 at 10:00 am }

Hi Corie, that’s a low price time to start with, and yes, I do expect to see discounts then as well!

67 Linda { 04.11.13 at 10:08 am }

this is what the post says: Good evening, I’m new here and am trying to understand a little more about this website, by q q’m reading has months within the Disney hotels is free dinners? would that be? I will arrive at the hotel art of animation on 19/08 and will return to Brazil on 31/08 you can tell me if I have the possibility of having these dinners? like to know how phaco p inform me? I await answers.

68 Ron { 04.11.13 at 10:27 am }

Dave, this is what our Portuguese friend is asking: ( As best as I can tell)

Good evening, I’m new here and am trying to understand a little more about this website, by I ‘m reading has months within the Disney hotels is free dinners? would that be? I will arrive at the hotel art of animation on 19/08 and will return to Brazil on 31/08 you can tell me if I have the possibility of having these dinners? like to know how, inform me? I await answers.

69 Lu { 04.11.13 at 10:30 am }

She said she read that during a few months, there are free dinners inside Disney’s hotels. And she asks where can she get more information about it,because she’ll be staying in the Art of Animation hotel from August, 19th until August, 31th and she’d like to know if she can has these free dinners.

70 Dave { 04.12.13 at 7:39 am }

Hi Valquiria, sometimes Disney offers free dining.

There’s no worldwide offers out right now. If one comes out, you’ll be able to find it here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/03/29/walt-disney-worlds-latest-spring-and-summer-deal/

Disney also offers deals outside of the US which I can’t see, but if you search Google for “Disney World Special Offers” you’ll fins the right links for them!

Hope this helps, and thanks to everyone for helping with the translation!

71 Sheree { 04.13.13 at 9:36 pm }

Hello again Dave,

What will the traffic be like during the week of August 21 – 30? I haven’t been in August in at least 5 years so I forget what the crowds are like. Normally we go June/July and is usually very crowded so I wonder if some of the traffic will taper off by the time we go late August.

72 Dave { 04.14.13 at 9:40 am }

Hi Sheree, late August will be fine, particularly the 25th and after–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/01/15/august-2013-walt-disney-world/

73 Disney Freak { 04.22.13 at 1:39 pm }

Sorry to bother you Dave! How exactly does the bounce back offer work? Do we just mention it at the time of booking or is it something we have to have proof of, not quite sure of what Disney will require to get this offer…looking to stay Aug. 18 – 26/13. If no free dining plan gets formerly announced…really need the bounce back offer….otherwise husband won’t go without some kind of free dining. It is a huge savings for us as a family of five!! We experienced this great deal in ’09 & ’10, trying to twist my husband’s arm to go again this year with two of our three kids graduating. Please help me to make the dream come true once again!!! Thanks for any advice!!!!!

74 Dave { 04.23.13 at 8:03 am }

Hi! A “bounce back offer” has to be booked while you are staying in your room, befroe you check out. So you can’t book this–you only could have booked it months ago, from your room…

75 Gracey { 05.01.13 at 2:41 am }

We are planning on a Disney vacation with our 2 granddaughters October 20th – October 29th. What is the outlook for free dining? In the past we have went around this time twice and received free dining. Any chance you know when they’ll be releasing when free dining is for around this time?

76 Dave { 05.01.13 at 8:03 am }

Gracey, frankly I don’t think we’ll see free dining then. See this for why: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/02/07/2013-free-dining-mymagic-implications-disneys-q1-2013-earnings-call/ If it is offered, I’d guess we’ll see an announcement in August…

77 Linda S { 05.01.13 at 8:22 pm }

Do you believe FD will be during my stay at Carribean Beach Resort 10/2/13 thru 10/9/13? Any info would be greatly appreciate. Thank you

78 Dave { 05.02.13 at 7:06 am }