Seven Night Walt Disney World Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary, Saturday Arrival

Seven Night Itin Sat Arrival      Seven Night Itin Sun Arrival      Six Night Itinerary

Summary      To-Do List        Sat     Sun    Mon    Tues    Weds    Thurs    Fri    Sat

7-Night-Autumn-Winter-Spring-Itinerary-Saturday-Arrival-v31-hspOVERVIEW

Hey!  This itinerary needs to be revised to work under FastPass+! See this for needed changes and stuff you need to do.

This itinerary is a variant of the standard Autumn-Winter-Spring itinerary, but one day shorter.

Click the image to open it; when open, keep clicking to enlarge it more.

It’s a day shorter from eliminating half of a day off, and the last day visit to the Gospel Brunch in Downtown Disney. (See How Long to Stay for more on why eight nights is better than seven.)

It can be used any week that the standard Autumn-Winter-Spring itinerary works. See this page for weeks that itinerary can be used. If a week is marked on that link “See this for changes” or some such, use the comment form below to get changes from me.

For a similar seven night itinerary, but with a Sunday arrival, see Seven Night Itinerary Sunday Arrival.

LINKS FOR THIS ITINERARY

Summary
To-Do List
First Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Second Saturday

ITINERARY LINKS

1 Ruth Ann { 10.29.12 at 12:31 am }

About the 7-night Aut-Win-Spr Itinerary v.3, Saturday Arrival Version… I notice that on Sunday you suggest going to Animal Kingdom that morning and Magic Kingdom that night. Does that mean that this day we would have to pay the extra money for a Park Hopper ticket?

BTW… Thanks for your AMAZING website!!!!!

2 Dave { 10.29.12 at 6:47 am }

Hi Ruth Ann, and thanks! Yes, a few of the itineraries such as this one require park hoppers, as indicated on their to-do lists–see e.g. http://yourfirstvisit.net/2009/11/02/to-do-list-for-seven-night-walt-disney-world-autumn-winter-spring-itinerary-v1/

3 Danielle { 01.05.13 at 5:59 pm }

Hi! Thanks for the website…it’s AWESOME!!! We are going to Disney for 7 nights, but from a Wednesday to Wednesday…wondering if you suggest we use the Saturday or Sunday Intinerary? Should we follow the intinerary by the 1st day of the intinerary or follow the days of the week (starting out on Wednesday)?
Thank you!

4 Dave { 01.06.13 at 10:14 am }

Hi Danielle and thanks! The itinerary works by day of the week, so Monday is Monday and not, e.g. Day Two. So you should use start with Wednesday and follow the days. You’ll need to adapt the first and last days, and the designed arrival day, a bit, and should use the 7 night version.

5 Marian Meyer { 04.17.13 at 6:11 pm }

Hi. We are planning a 7 night stay with arrival Saturday October 19,2013. We split our stay with 4 nights at art of animation and the last three nights at the Polynesian. Anyway, the travel agent had to book it as 2 separate trips and put 6 day park hopper tickets with the art of animation stay and 1 day base tickets with the Polynesian stay. It saved us some pennies :)
I have been looking at the itinerary and it looks like we only visit one park each day except the first Sunday…or am I missing something? Wondering if it makes sense to change the 6 day tickets to base tickets and the 1 day to park hopper tickets. We are not visiting any parks the last Saturday – driving home. Btw, your site is amazing and has been incredibly useful in planning this trip.

6 Dave { 04.18.13 at 7:33 am }

Hi Marian and thanks!!

I’d suggest a slightly different approach–a 7 day hopper on your AofA reservation.

The cost of your seventh day is so much lower than buying a one day ticket that it overwhelms the slight difference in a one day vs multi-day hopper price. And if you are adding the ticket to your Poly reservation to get another night of the dining plan–the only reason I can think of not to book Poly as room only–you’ll still be better off, as you are unlikely to save as much from the dining plan as you will gain on the ticket price differential…

See this for the details: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/06/03/disney-world-ticket-prices-2012-to-summer-2013/

Oh and one more important thing–if you hadn’t noticed here, http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/basic-itinerary/alternative-itineraries/ , you need to swap Weds and Fri in both your itinerary and to-do list–see this http://yourfirstvisit.net/required-september-2013-itinerary-and-to-do-list-changes/

7 Marian { 04.18.13 at 4:05 pm }

Can you only purchase the dining plan for the number of nights you have a room reservation? You suggested (above) that we should purchase a 7 day park hopper on our AoA reservation and save on the dining plan. Do you mean we should only buy a 4 day dining plan and 7 day park hopper on our AoA reservation and reserve the Poly room only. We would than have 3 days of dining to pay cash for. And Yes! I did notice we had to swap Wednesday and Friday. Thanks!

8 Dave { 04.19.13 at 7:36 am }

Marian, if you buy the dining plan at all, you must buy it for exactly the number of nights you have reserved at the specific hotel. Tix you can buy for any number of days from one to ten. Since the dining plan doesn’t save a ton any more, you should come out ahead or about even from this strategy…

9 Marian { 04.20.13 at 11:15 pm }

Thank you for all of your helpful suggestions. One more question…what does ‘TBD Studios Counter’ mean in the itinerary. I noticed it also says TBD before Cinderellas Royal Table.

10 Dave { 04.21.13 at 8:10 am }

Great question, Marian, I should put in a footnote to explain those!

TBD means “To Be Determined.” In the case of the studios counter, it means “as you choose,” and for Cindy, it means “at whatever time you can get a reservation.”

11 Marian { 04.22.13 at 8:29 am }

Hi again! I am wondering if there is any benefit to breakfast over dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table. We are NOT doing the Hoop Dee Doo Revue so I was considering doing Cindy on Tuesday night in its place instead of Friday morning (7 day itinerary Saturday arrival 10/10/13)? Also I had trouble using the online dining site to make dinner reservations…it will only allow exactly 180 days out even though I have a reservation. The site appears to be 1 day off. The telephone system is saying reservation must be now 4/22 thru 10/18. Any thoughts?

12 Dave { 04.22.13 at 9:52 am }

Hi Marian, on the first point there’s a lot to be said for dinner at Cindy’s so no worries. And on the 180 day issue…are you signed in and do you have your resort reservation linked?

13 Marian { 04.22.13 at 5:17 pm }

Hi Dave. Thanks for the info re: my Cindy question and yes, I was signed in and had my resort reservation linked. The woman on the dining reservation line said that she has heard from other guests that sometimes the entire week becomes available and for some it only allows 180 days out and you have to call. She doesn’t know why. Anyway, I am having trouble booking the San Angel. I have to swap Weds and Fri ( per the sites instructions) for our arrival week 10/19 and she said the San Angel Inn isn’t allowing reservations between 5 and 9 that evening (Wednesday 10/23) Any idea as to why or another good time to fit it in? Also, what are your thoughts on Mickeys Not so Scary Halloween Party and is it worth extra ticket cost? Just a thought, but maybe you could add a link to your site explaining challenges inherent with splitting the week between 2 resorts, for example 1. buying a 7 day park hopper and foregoing 3 days of dining to save cost, 2. Cannot make dinner reservations for 2nd half of your stay until 180 days from start of 2nd reservation, and anything else you can think of. I love your website and have found it tremendously helpful in planning this trip…So thank you and thanks for all your prompt replies to my questions :-)

14 Dave { 04.23.13 at 8:08 am }

Hiya Marian! I dunno what’s up with San Angel, but when things like this happen, it’s usually because a company having a meeting in one of the WDW convention centers has booked the venue for the evening.

Got you on the split stay complexity–but you can still book ten days ahead, and you aren’t forgoing dining–you are forgoing the dining plan, which is so expensive these days that it doesn’t save much many more…

15 Marian { 04.23.13 at 8:44 am }

Hi again. This may very well be my last question :-) and you have been a tremendous help to my planning so Thanks! You overlooked the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party question from my last email. Worth the extra ticket? My kids are boys…10 and 7 at time of travel.

16 Debbie { 04.23.13 at 3:37 pm }

Hi Dave and Marian,
First of all… great site… I just found this today!
Regarding the booking of dining reservations.. I contacted Disney as you are supposed to be able to book the entire 7 days on your 180 day mark. They are refirbing the system, and it’s not working, so you have to call or do each day. He said they were making it more “magical”… well it wasn’t for me… but I did do it by phone and got all the restaurants I wanted.
The Halloween party was wonderful!!! We did it in 2010, my husband (who that was his first trip to disney) and my daughter (age 21). My daughter and I had been to disney many times. My husband still tells people this was the best part of the entire trip. He loved the parade with all the villains and gravediggers. It’s also one of the rare times when all 7 of the 7 Dwarfs make an appearance for photos. It was definately worth the extra $50 per person. We are going in September again… and I can’t wait till the halloween party tickets go on sale. Enjoy!!

17 Dave { 04.23.13 at 4:41 pm }

Marian, I have mixed feelings about it, because of the cost….see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/02/21/halloween-2013-at-walt-disney-world/

18 Dave { 04.23.13 at 4:56 pm }

Debbie, thanks for the head up on the dining system issues…and for the share on the Halloween Party! And above all for the kind words about the site!

19 Julie { 05.12.13 at 11:06 pm }

Hi Dave , great site. Thanks! This is our second time going and I am doing the planning this time, not my hubby :-). Very overwhelming with so much information obviously out there. I am tempted to just go with yours and stop looking. I just wanted to make sure this itinerary for the seven night Saturday arrival is current with all of the parade times ect. We are going sept 21, ’13. Thanks so much

20 Dave { 05.13.13 at 8:06 am }

Julie–that 7 night variant works only when the 8 night variant also works–and the 8 night variant does not work that week. See this for how to revise it: http://yourfirstvisit.net/required-september-2013-itinerary-and-to-do-list-changes/

21 Marian { 07.24.13 at 11:56 pm }

We have reservations for a 7 night stay arriving Saturday, Oct 19th. I am aware of the swap of Wednesday and Friday in the itinerary. I am wondering about the magic kingdom fireworks event Wishes. Itinerary says to see it Sunday night the 20th but it is only showing on Monday the 21st and Wednesday the 23rd according to disneys show time schedule. The itinerary has us at hollywood studios and epcot those nights. Any thoughts? Maybe due to the Halloween party?

22 Dave { 07.25.13 at 8:26 am }

Hi Marian, and thanks for noting this! Suggest you swap what’s shown for Wednesday night and SUnday night…

23 Marian Meyer { 09.05.13 at 10:48 pm }

Hello Dave. We are staying 7 nights with a Saturday 10/19/13 arrival. Does your current itinerary take into account EMH? According to disney hours that week, both Animal Kingdom has morning EMH and Magic Kingdom has evening EMH on Monday 10/21. This itinerary has us at AK and MK on Sunday and at Hollywood Studios on Monday! Thoughts?

24 Dave { 09.06.13 at 6:43 am }

Marian, two things–the second is more important:

1. In general the thought is that it is best to avoid parks on their days that they have EMH, especially morning EMH. The actual hour of EMH is wonderful, but the rest of the EMH day is more crowded than other days will be, because the EMH attract extra guests from the 30,000 WDW hotel rooms, most of which don’t have park hoppers, and thus stay all day. SO EMH are built into the itineraries by being avoided.

2. More importantly, on the page above you’ll find these words: “It can be used any week that the standard Autumn-Winter-Spring itinerary works.” Since your week does not work for the standard itinerary (see http://yourfirstvisit.net/required-september-2013-itinerary-and-to-do-list-changes/ ), the seven night variant won’t work either.

If you tell me the ages of your kids, I’ll suggest how to revise the itinerary!

25 Marian Meyer { 09.06.13 at 10:34 pm }

Thanks for the advice; I didn’t realize we should try and avoid EMH days. My kids are boys… 7 and 10 years old. Would love to know how to revise the itinerary and thanks!

26 Dave { 09.07.13 at 10:56 am }

Marian, I’ll put some thoughts together over the weekend and post them then…

27 Dave { 09.08.13 at 12:00 pm }

OK Marian here we go. There’s a different pattern of extra magic hours this week–I do use evening extra magic hours for specific purposes, like having you not have to leave Epcot (along with 20,000 others) right after Illuminations. For that, switch Firdya and Wednesday.

Also, because of evening parties at MK, the evening fireworks and parade there don’t work well with the itin. So ignore what’s written as Sunday evening, and do it instead on Tuesday. Tuesday evening is now written as Hoop Dee Doo revue–move that (if you can get reservations) to the old Wednesday, now the new Friday, skipping Cirque du Soleil…

Then mosey on over to the home page, and like it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest!

28 Marian Meyer { 09.09.13 at 11:32 pm }

Not remotely helpful, EXTREMELY helpful :)
Thanks for all your advice! I have visited this site multiple times and have recommended it to others. Great information!

29 Dave { 09.10.13 at 9:43 am }

Thanks so much, Marian!!

30 Marian Meyer { 09.12.13 at 10:26 pm }

OK. So I thought I had it understood but as I plug the days into the itinerary, I am unclear on 2 things… First, you have us at MK on Tuesday (old Sunday) but MK close at 7 that night. When will we see the evening parade and wishes? Also, is the old Tuesday now Sunday except for hoop dee doo revue which is on Friday night, correct?

31 Dave { 09.13.13 at 1:05 pm }

Marian I’ve confused myself too, so let’s start over!!

As noted, swap Friday and Wednesday.

Ignoring Weds, MK evening fireworks are then on 10/19 and 10/21.

So the easiest fix is just to swap what is shown as the Saturday and Sunday evenings, so you go to MK for the fireworks and parade on 10/19 and Epcot after AK on 10/20. You could also just skip Epcot that night, as the new Weds/old Fri may well be enough…

32 Marian Meyer { 09.17.13 at 8:52 pm }

Hello again. And thanks for the clarification. A good solution however I have reservations for Akershus Banquet Saturday night. What if I swaped Sunday and Monday nights instead? That would have us seeing the evening parade and wishes on Monday oct 21st (MK has EMH) and at Hollywood Studios Sunday evening (HS has EMH). Is it a disadvantage to be at those parks on an evening when they have evening EMH?

33 Dave { 09.18.13 at 6:54 am }

Yes, they are more crowded on nights they have EMH…but given your situation that might still be the best answer…

34 Jane { 09.18.13 at 7:06 pm }

Hi Dave, We have a last minute opportunity to go to WDW for the first time! Flying in Friday November 15th- Tuesday November 19th. We were thinking of dinner Downtown disney if possible on Friday. The next 3 days would be parks. 3 day pass with hopper. Since our visit is so short what order do you suggest we visit the parks and what activities not to miss? We have 3 children a son age 13, son 10, and daughter 6. Do you think reservations at Akershus royal dining hall on Sunday at 2:55 will work? Thank you in advance for you help. I have learned so much from your website!

35 Dave { 09.19.13 at 9:08 am }

Hi Jane! First for such a short visit I’d avoid much in the way of formal dining.

Second I’d suggest two days at MK and one at HS. Epcot is not as much fun for most kids the age of your daughter, and HS has a range of boy, girl, and all ages stuff. AK could be a better choice than HS, but on average with your ages HS is the better choice.

Your dates, avoid HS the 16th and 17th, and avoid MK and AK the 18th.

See this for what not to miss: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/03/09/the-comprehensive-guide-to-walt-disney-world-rides-and-attractions/

Well then mosey on over to the home page, and like it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest!

36 Susan { 11.23.13 at 8:07 pm }

Like so many other visitors to your site, I am sooo grateful!! Really, thank you for making the planning much easier that it would have been without your site, and for giving the confidence of a wonderful first visit to boot! So, here’s my question: We’ll be visiting in May. (I’m a bit late for the 180 day planning, so I’ve got to get on this.) Arriving on Friday, May 9, and staying for seven nights. I’m wondering how to alter your two 7 night autumn-winter-spring itineraries (one of which is for Saturday arrival and the other for Sunday arrival) to account for Friday arrival. Should I just shift everything up a day from the Saturday arrival version? Or would other changes work better? Thanks, Sue

37 Dave { 11.24.13 at 9:51 am }

Hi Susan, days are days in the itineraries–that is “Saturday” means “Saturday.” This is becasue of different operating patterns by day of the week. So here’s what I’d do: pick the “Saturday Arrival.” Do what it shows for Friday night on your arrival night, and add its Friday morning to your Saturday morning. Shift its second Saturday morning to your second Friday morning…

38 Susan { 11.24.13 at 9:29 pm }

Hi again Dave, Thanks so much for your response. I made all of the dining reservations according to the days listed. The only thing I wasn’t able to do according to the itinerary is buy Cirque du Soleil tickets for Wednesday night. Apparently, Cirque is taking a break that week and the next. So, if we want to see Cirque, we need to do so either on the Friday night of arrival or on the next night (Saturday). Since we already have Saturday dinner plans at Akershus, I thought we’d see Cirque on Friday, followed by dinner at the Rainforest Cafe as originally scheduled on Wednesday. That will leave Wednesday night for more time at the Magic Kingdom or relaxing at the pool. Do you see any reason why this won’t work? Again, thank you very much for all of your thoughtfulness! Peace,
Sue

39 Dave { 11.25.13 at 6:36 am }

Hi Susan, that’ll work! You just need to be sure to put Illuminations back into the schedule for Sat night…

40 Chris { 02.15.14 at 1:31 pm }

Dave thanks for all the great info. We got a late start planning but are using the 7 day spring itinerary but modifying it by the dinner reservations we can get. That said we landed Be Our Guest but on Sunday 9:25 so we will miss Wishes. Would it be easier to include it Tuesday or try to rush from a 6:30 Whispering Canyon reservation to MK on Wednesday as we have decided to skip Cirque? Thanks again for all the great advise and I tell everyone that asks about Disney about your site!

41 Chris { 02.15.14 at 1:44 pm }

One other note is that we currently do not have plans to see Hoop as we are trying to fit in more princess activities with 3 girls.

42 Dave { 02.16.14 at 8:00 am }

Chris–what dates? I ask because the timing of the MK evening events varies…

43 Chris { 02.16.14 at 12:06 pm }

We will be arriving Saturday May 3rd.

44 Dave { 02.17.14 at 10:32 am }

Chris, those dates Wishes is at 10 both nights, but the evening parade is not scheduled on Wednesday the 7th (at least so far) So go for Tuesday, which offers both…the parrade at 9 and 11, and wishes at 10