26 responses

1. Erica
    July 9, 2019

We are going 9/30- 10/5 with tickets to the Halloween party for 10/1. Suggestions on other days?

July 11, 2019

Hi Erica,

9/30 avoid MK
      10/1 avoid Epcot and HS
      10/2 avoid MK
      10/3 avoid Epcot and HS
      10/4 avoid Epcot and HS
      10/5 there are no particularly good choices.

PS–do you know about the extra extra magic hours?

2. Hovell Hunter
    May 28, 2019

Hi we are looking to travel next year with a 7 yr old. Tied to UK school holidays give or take. Options are last 2 weeks August or 2 weeks end Oct. Will probably stay at the Caribbean Resort Hotel. We want full use of Typoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach- what time would you say is best?

May 28, 2019

Hovell, the weather is so much more comfortable in late October that I’d do that in a heartbeat. It can be quite hot still in late October, but not commonly, and humidity is much better–plus you are out of the peak hurricane season.

For more on weather at Disney World, see this, and see this for a review of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.

• Hovell Hunter
        May 28, 2019

Hi thanks for the tips- are all the resort pools and splash parks open throughout October?

May 29, 2019

Hovell, Blizzard Beach is open thru October 26. Typhoon Lagoon is open the whole period. Resort pools are open but always subject to closure for refurb. The CB pool is not expected to close for such work.

3. Heather Fewins
    May 18, 2019

We are looking at park days October 31st-Nov. 4th. What parks would you recommend for each day. We have no interest in Star Wars. Should we skip HS all together or will the rest of the park be decent by this time. Thank you for any help you can give.

May 19, 2019

Hi Heather!

10/31 avoid MK and Epcot. AK should be best.

11/1 MK will be best, and avoid HS and Epcot

11/2 there are no great choices.

11/3 MK should be best

11/4 Avoid AK. MK and Epcot should be better than HS.

It’s hard to say what HS will be like, but my current guess is that with FP+ for e.g. the highest demand non-Star Wars rides, you should be fine (those would be SLinky Dog Dash, Tower of Terror, and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster)

4. Kari Kellar
    May 17, 2019

I appreciate your help. Thank you

May 19, 2019

Glad to help, Kari!

5. Kari
    May 14, 2019

Hi, could you please give park recommendations for arrival on 10/27-11/2. We will probably skip Animal Kingdom this trip.

May 16, 2019

Hi Kari,

10/27 avoid HS, MK will be best
      10/28 avoid MK, Epcot and AK should be fine, this will be one of the (relatively) OK HS days your week
      10/29 MK will be best, avoid HS and Epcot, AK should be fine
      10/30 avoid MK. This should be the best HS days among your options
      10/31 avoid all but AK.
      11/1 MK is best.
      11/2 all are bad, HS is worst

6. Jennifer
    May 5, 2019

You know you’re in deep trouble when even the Guru of Disney is throwing up his hands. 🙁 I’m assuming it really and truly won’t matter what day we go to which park at this point?

May 5, 2019

Jennifer, I’m thinking, I promise!!! Evidence:

7. Jennifer
    May 4, 2019

Well, with today’s announcement I’ve become convinced WDW is trying to kill me.

To review, we arrive on 10/23 and will be able to hit the parks by early afternoon. We depart on 10/27 and will be able to spend a few hours in a park in the morning. That said, now that we have EXTRA! EXTRA! MAGIC! HOURS! in three parks on the daily, I have absolutely no idea what the heck to do. Thoughts? I’ve explained to my traveling companion that sleep will not be an option.

May 5, 2019

Jennifer…you have my sympathy. If there is a way out of seeing dawn in the parks, it involves narrowing your expectations and good luck with FastPass+

8. Margie Gallo
    May 2, 2019

Please advise for 10/10, somehow that day got left out of your recommendations. Thanks!

May 3, 2019

Margie–sorry I messed up–I have fixed my response

9. Margie
    April 29, 2019

I am reading your Easy Guide and am overwhelmed! We are going to a conference in October and have to stay at the Yacht Club Oct 7-14. There will be 6 of us including two kids aged 8 and 10. I am already late in trying to get reservations for the California Grill which we really wanted to do for the Observation Deck. Please help! I understand these particular dates in October are really crowded so I don’t want to make a mistake in choosing the best schedule for visiting the parks allowing some time to relax at the hotel. Please advise.

April 29, 2019

[edited]

Hi Margie, sorry, but I am not sure exactly what you are asking! If it is about parks to avoid, here’s my thoughts:

10/7 avoid AK and MK
      10/8 avoid Epcot and HS
      10/9 avoid MK
      10/10 avoid Epcot and HS
      10/11 avoid all but AK
      10/12 avoid all, Epcot may be best among a bad set of options
      10/13 avoid HS
      10/14 avoid AK and HS

10. Jennifer
    April 27, 2019

UGH, and we actually arrive on 10/23, so also not a full day.

11. Jennifer
    April 27, 2019

Will do! FWIW, 10/27 is not a full day; we’ll have to board the Tragical Express sometime around 12:30.

12. Jennifer
    April 26, 2019

Dave, would love your opinion. For our Girls’ Trip, we arrive on 10/22, depart 10/27, so I know I’m already competing for FPs against the people who arrived over the previous weekend. With that in mind, and because RnR must happen or heads will explode (not mine), this is my plan:

10/23 – Epcot for F&W
    10/24 – Epcot for F&W
    10/25 – Animal Kingdom
    10/26 – Magic Kingdom
    10/27 – Hollywood Studios

I know HS will most likely have morning EMH that day, but I also figured we’d have a better chance for FPs at 60+5. We would NOT rope drop, and my hope would be most of the SWGE crazies would already be inside the park by the time we arrive around 9:30ish for our first FP.

Thoughts?

April 27, 2019

Hi Jennifer, the calendar for then is not yet out–it will be out in a couple of days.

My preliminary thought is that 10/24 will be bad at Epcot, 10/26 very bad at MK, and 10/27 bad at HS. I don’t think you’ll have much trouble with RnR FP+ at 60+4, so I would swap 10/24 and 10/25, and 10/26 and 10/27. Note that this will keep you from being in MK after 6p on 10/27–which is why it is a good MK day. (10/26 is the only late close of MK in a four day stretch, which is why that is a bad day.)

Ping me again in five days or so and I can give you more definitive thoughts!

13. Debbie
    April 23, 2019

When will you be posting information for November 2019? We will be going then and I would love all info you can provide. Thanks!

April 24, 2019

Hi Debbie, I should have my planning guidance for November out by the end of the weekend!

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2019 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.

mobile desktop