To-Do List, Continued
C. EXACTLY 6am EST, EXACTLY 180 DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL DATE
(For an 180 day calendar, see this).
Be on the restaurant website here by at least 5:50am EST, and have your Cindy reservation all set up on the page. Keep refreshing, as you will be let in as soon as Disney’s system decides it is 6a.
Make as many of the following as you have patience for (try to get through at least Akershus), in the exact order listed:
- Cinderella’s Royal Table Lunch (dining plan, 2 credits): Wednesday at 11a or later if you can; earlier than 11 only if your sole option…
- Chef Mickey’s (cash): Saturday at 10:30a if you can; ok anytime 9a and later, but earlier times cut into sleeping-in time
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue (dining plan, two credits): Monday 6:15p show. The other two times don’t work well
- San Angel Inn as Candlelight Processional Package for the 8:15 Candlelight Processional show (dining plan, 2 credits): Friday 5:30. Earlier OK but cuts into your pool/nap time; no later than 6:30p
- Crystal Palace (dining plan): Second Saturday 6p if you can; earlier ok, but not later than 6:30p
- Akershus Banquet (dining plan): First Saturday 6:30p if you can, but no earlier than 6:15p, no later than 8p
- Downtown Disney’s Rainforest Café (NOT the Rainforest café at the Animal Kingdom!!) (cash): Wednesday 8p if you can; no earlier, but later is ok
For those you don’t make online, make them by calling call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)
D. 180 DAYS BEFORE EACH OF YOUR MVMCP CIRQUE AND HOUSE OF BLUES DATES
1. Go to the site for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and order tickets for your family for Tuesday (Cash)
2. Order your Cirque du Soleil tickets (Category 2) for the 6p show on Wednesday at this site (cash).
3. Call the House of Blues Orlando at (407) 934-BLUE and order tickets for your second Sunday 10:30 Gospel Brunch (cash)
E. NOTES ON PACKING, ETC. BEFORE YOU LEAVE
1. Check in online at the link you can find on this page
2. If you use Disney’s Magical Express, you do not need to collect your bags at the Orlando airport. Disney will get them for you and, eventually, deliver them directly to your room. Your bags may arrive hours after you do; so, depending on the weather forecasts, have a carry-on with an appropriate change of clothes for Orlando weather on Saturday, as you will almost certainly go to Epcot on Saturday before your checked bags arrive.
3. Follow the instructions in the Magical Express packet you will receive in the mail regarding both tagging your bags pre-departure, and where to go at the Orlando airport to find your transport to your resort.
4. Bring a copy of your room reservation, confirmation numbers (such as for the Gospel Brunch) and any tickets for special events you may have received in the mail.
5. Pack breakfast utensils, as they are not always available in the gift shop: bowls, spoons, napkins
6. When you arrive at the hotel, look for the special “On-line Check-in” line, and get into it.
LINKS TO DAYS AND TO-DO LIST
The links below take you to pages with specific guidance on what to do every day of your first family Walt Disney World vacation, and the To-Do List for preparing for your trip.
- To-Do List
- First Saturday
- First Sunday
- Second Saturday
- Second Sunday
LINKS TO BASIC ITINERARY VARIANTS
- For itinerary design goals and the basic December Itinerary, see this
- For shorter and longer itineraries targeted at the same December week, see this
- For itineraries covering all the other parts of the year, see this
- To design your own itinerary, see this
- For rides that might be skipped, see this
- For a comprehensive guide to rides and attractions, see this