By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

2018 Planning Tools for Walt Disney World

WALT DISNEY WORLD IN 2018

Over the past few days, I’ve published the key planning tools for selecting when to go to Walt Disney World in 2018:

Prices can vary by 50% over the year, crowds by even more, and the best weeks to visit–for first timers, or for others–are also affected by weather, special events, and ride closures.disney-world-in-2018-from-yourfirstvisit-netSo these are key tools for you to use in planning your 2018 Disney World vacation.

For more on when to go to Disney World, see this.

2018 DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS

My calendar of Disney World price seasons in 2018 shows changes in Disney World resort hotel prices over the dates of 2018.

2018 DISNEY WORLD CROWD CALENDAR

My  2018 Disney World crowd calendar indicates lower, moderate, and higher crowd weeks to visit.

It’s based on recent trends–especially lower summer crowds and higher crowds in the first half of October–and the impacts of moving holidays, particularly Easter, and the actual day of Christmas in 2018 (which effects the start of an enormous number of school breaks).

2018 DISNEY WORLD WEEK RANKINGS

My  week rankings for 2018 are based on the above price seasons and crowd forecast, and also are influenced by weather, seasonal events, and ride closures.

Kelly B Can Help You Book Your Trip

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Ninette Sacco { 11.23.16 at 6:04 am }

We are 4 adults coming to Disney the first 2 weeks of September 2018 from the UK as it is my 60th Birthday. We have been before in 2008 and 2015. I usually book a package as soon as they are released, as usually the price seems cheaper the further in advance you book. However I have seen that Disney did offer basic Disney Dining at the Value resorts this year and I wondered if I should wait to see if they are doing this again for 2018 or if by the time they release this offer (if they do) the package prices have gone up anyway wiping out any gain. We will be staying again at Pop Century Resort in 2 rooms. I am always open to any suggestions. Thank you very much for your time. Ninette

2 Dave { 11.24.16 at 8:17 am }

Ninette, I don’t track UK deals, as they aren’t that visible to me. Check out the site/forum http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/ a UK_foucsed DIsney site and ask your question there. (Tell them that Dave from yourfirstvisit.net sent you!)

3 Ken { 01.23.17 at 10:49 pm }

Do you have an idea of when tickets for 2018 will go on sale?

4 Dave { 01.24.17 at 6:39 am }

Ken, Disney tickets (other than one day tickets) are undated. You can buy them now and use in 2018. If you do so, you’ll also avoid price rises between now and then, one of which should be happening quite soon.

5 Ed { 03.06.17 at 11:11 am }

Do you have any idea when Disney rooms will become available for January 2018?

6 Dave { 03.07.17 at 8:58 am }

Ed,they are available now. See this.

7 Suzanne { 03.09.17 at 5:49 am }

Hiya Dave, We are looking at either April or late October/November and there doesn’t seem too much difference in crowds/prices in the weeks we are looking at. I was just wondering if you know whether there is much difference in weather/temperature between April and late October/beginning of November? Many thanks for your help! This site has been an amazing help!

8 Dave { 03.11.17 at 8:12 am }

Hi Suzanne, so glad to help. See this and its links for weather info.

9 Natalee { 04.07.17 at 2:37 pm }

Hi! We are planning a trip for October 21-27, 2018 and I have a question about the Halloween party and events. How much do tickets usually run for those? Also, while we are there my husband and I will be celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary and I’d love to book a really nice dinner or experience for that night. Also thinking about maybe a family photo shoot. Any suggestions? Thank you!

10 Dave { 04.08.17 at 8:55 am }

Natalee, plan prices for the party to be >$80/person. There’s all kinds of spots for a celebratory dinner–look at the lower right side of the table on this page.

Probably more helpful will be the reviews in our book, and this language from it:

“For couples looking for the most romantic atmosphere and the best
food, we suggest:

California Grill: Located on the 15th floor of the Contemporary
Resort, California Grill offers breathtaking views of Magic Kingdom
during the evening fireworks, in addition to a great menu
focused on fresh ingredients, sushi, and contemporary cocktails.

Artist Point: Nestled inside Wilderness Lodge, this romantic
rendezvous is themed to the restaurants found in the great
National Park lodges of the west. Buffalo, salmon, and a terrific
mushroom soup and berry cobbler are menu mainstays.

Victoria & Albert’s: For a truly special occasion; astonishing
dining.”

11 Stephanie { 04.12.17 at 8:12 pm }

Hi! I am just starting to research a trip to Disney world for 1st timers! I was thinking September or October for 1 week for 5 of us. We are flying from Washington state and wanted to know what is the best month that is budget friendly? Also what’s. The best way to book? A package, agent, or separate?

12 Stephanie { 04.12.17 at 8:13 pm }

2018!

13 Dave { 04.14.17 at 1:05 pm }

Stephanie, see this for my advice on dates for first-timers.

Many first-timers use travel agents, as there’s a lot of decisions to be made and things to be booked. On the other hand many families enjoy doing the research and the booking themselves.

If use a travel agent, I recommend Kelly B at 980-429-4499 or email me at KellyB@DestinationsInFlorida.com –tell her I sent you!

14 Kate { 04.18.17 at 2:34 pm }

Just booked to go 16th aug 2018 for two weeks from U.K (picked due to lower crowds otherwise would have been 23rd July or easter) but I see on your guide it’s peak hurricane season- now I’m concerned??? How is this likely to affect our trip and how should I plan for this?

15 Dave { 04.19.17 at 8:28 am }

Kate, the chance of a hurricane affecting your trip is small, but not insignificant. See this. Make sure you have travel insurance, and note Disney’s hurricane policy (s). I’d also invest in a portable weather radio like this one.

16 Alex { 04.27.17 at 10:17 am }

Since they are doing construction at Hollywood Studios, should I plan a whole day there or is it now a half day park?

17 Dave { 04.28.17 at 12:12 pm }

Alex, the construction shut down only a few either low-popularity or low-capacity rices, and it remains a full day park if you want to see everything else.

18 Karen { 05.12.17 at 3:11 pm }

I love your site.I mostly have visited Disney for a couple of daysand have stayed with family. However, I am trying to get together a ladies trip with some friends and wanted to know what resort you would recommend for us? Right now, I would say we have between 6-8 interested so far.

Any advice for planning a group trip like this for February? We plan to go Feb 4-10 with 5 days in the parks.

19 Dave { 05.13.17 at 9:39 am }

Karen, it’s hard to advise without an idea of your nightly budget, and whether you want a bunch of separate rooms, or a space that will hold most or all of you. Guide me, please!

20 Ed { 05.29.17 at 11:32 pm }

We are looking to take or triplets for their graduation gift in 2018. Any ideas on best place to stay etc? Is it better to get more than 1 room or maybe a suite?

21 Dave { 05.30.17 at 2:32 pm }

Ed, it depends a lot on your budget and the number of separate beds and sleeping spots you’d want… See this for a start.

22 Carly { 06.29.17 at 7:28 am }

We (three adults) are planning on going from March 17-March 24. When should I book for the best deal?

23 Ana { 06.29.17 at 2:13 pm }

Hello Dave!
I’ll be running the WDW half marathon in Jaunuary 6th, so my family decided to make an event out of it! I usually go by myself, but this time, it’s going to be a family trip! My dad wants to book the Grand Floridian, as he used to take us there when we were little. Do you know when I should expect Florida Resident/Passholder Offers to come out? (I qualify for both) Have you ever booked your trip taking advantage bounceback offer? (I have a trip planned for august)

One last question… what happens if you make a room request over the phone and then selecting the same options in the online check-in (room request)? will the first get wiped out?

24 Dave { 06.30.17 at 8:41 am }

Carly, with one exception, timing does not matter as if a deal comes out, already having a reservation will neither help nor hurt you in trying to get into it. That’s a very busy week in 2018, and may not see a deal. The exception is tickets, which may go up in price anytime, most likely in Feb. Buying them early insulates you from a price increase–unless you change your reservation (e.g. to get a deal) in which case you have to pay the new price.

25 Dave { 06.30.17 at 8:45 am }

Hi Ana, the AP deal for then in 2017 came out in late October. I don’t track the Florida resident deals–nor have I done a bounceback, so sorry.

I have heard that an online request will supersede a previously called in request (if it is different)

26 Sarah { 07.21.17 at 4:15 pm }

We were there at that time last year! It was busy (especially epcot with food/wine festival) but the kids had a blast. Tickets for scary Halloween were $100 a piece, I believe. We decided to skip and just watched the special fireworks from GF. Our family LOVES Ohana. We took great pictures on our walk on the beach from Grand Floridian to the Polynesian. Have a blast and happy anniversary!