Epcot Day 1 Disney World 2016 FastPass+ Basic December Itinerary
By Dave Shute
EPCOT DAY 1: FIRST SATURDAY AGENDA
Check in, get settled, and head to Epcot.
Today is the first of your three visits to Epcot. I’ve designed this itinerary with three Epcot visits because there are three key Tier One FastPass+ at Epcot, and you will use one each visit. This lets you sleep in before your next two Epcot visits…
Your plan tonight is to see Test Track, to visit the parts of World Showcase that are most fun in the evening, to sample the Holiday Storytellers, and to check out, if you have time, the holiday decorations in the nearby Epcot resorts.
You want to be on your way out of Epcot by 9.30p, so that you miss the crowds that will depart the park after the 9.30 IllumiNations show is over. (You will see IllumiNations on Friday night.)
You should have FastPass+ for Test Track, and you have no scheduled dining tonight.
Arrive at your hotel, following the instructions in your Disney’s Magical Express packet if you are using it to get from Orlando International to your Disney Resort. Check in.
Unless you are arriving late, your room may not be ready, but you can leave your bags. First change into clothes more appropriate for the weather–which your To-Do List reminded you to pack in your carry-ons.
Head to Epcot as early as you can, and at the latest in time to make your FastPass+ at Test Track.
AT THE PARK
- Go through the turnstiles and pick up a park map and “Times Guide”–a schedule.
- Head to World Showcase, and while keeping an eye out for your Test Track FastPass+, see the pavilions starting with Mexico and going clockwise.
- Each pavilion will have some or all of shopping, special exhibits, a ride, a movie, and other special events—such as acrobats in China. Most also will have a Holiday Storyteller.
- Check your map, times guide, and the pavilion itself, to see what each pavilion has.
- For scheduled events like the Storytellers, acrobats, etc., sequence what you do when among items that are not scheduled (shops, exhibits, and rides), and bounce back and forth between nearby pavilions, so that you don’t have to wait long for the scheduled item
- Ride Test Track (FastPass+)
- Have dinner at a convenient counter service when you are ready.
- If you have time, head over to the BoardWalk Inn (walk or boat—the walkway and boat are at the International Gateway between the UK and France) and see the holiday decorations in its lobby, continuing on to see those in the nearby Yacht Club and Beach Club, time permitting.
- Be back in Epcot and headed towards the bus and monorail stops by 9.30p, so that you miss the crowds leaving after IllumiNations.
- Return to your hotel.
BACK AT THE HOTEL
Buy food, supplies (bowls, spoons, etc.) and get refillable mugs for breakfast in your room at your hotel counter service or gift shop, if you did not have time, or a room assignment, earlier. You can also get these in the morning, but crowds in the shops/counter service will likely be lower tonight.
PREVIEW OF TOMORROW
You will spend the first of two days at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. You get to sleep in–you want to arrive by 1p. Check with your concierge on transport (likely buses) and what time you should be at the bus stop. Pack spare dry clothes, as you will get wet on Kali River Rapids!