Basic December FastPass+ Itinerary
By Dave Shute
Note: This itinerary is just an example! I will be revising it (if needed) after Disney World publishes its actual schedule for December 2016, likely in late May.
This Walt Disney World itinerary is designed for the three weeks following Thanksgiving.
If you aren’t going one of those weeks, see Other Itineraries for alternatives the rest of the year, which are published about six months ahead.
You can enlarge the basic itinerary by clicking it. For a PDF, click here.
As with the other itineraries on this site, there is also a detailed page for each day of your vacation, with specific instructions for that day. Find them here:
Moreover, a detailed To-Do List covers all the steps you need to undertake–including reserving dining and booking FastPass+.
ITINERARY DESIGN GOALS
The basic itinerary was designed to meet several goals: to ensure that you
- See the best that Walt Disney World has to offer
- See the parks in the order that works best for kids (essentially Epcot first, as it is potentially the most disappointing, and the Magic Kingdom last, as it is likely to be the best loved)
- Avoid unnecessary waiting, by using FastPass+ and other tactics…
- Have as much time off, and as few early mornings, as practical
- Avoid unnecessary spending–for example, the basic itinerary does not require you to buy the “Park Hopper” option, saving you more than $200
If you can’t do the Basic Itinerary, see Other Itineraries for alternatives for both the December week and the rest of the year.