Walt Disney World 2014 Price Seasons

2014 RESORT PRICE SEASONS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

The material below shows the different resort price seasons at Walt Disney World at different times of the year in 2014.

Disney World 2014 Price Seasons v2

Ticket prices don’t vary over the course of the year–although they typically have an annual increase in the summer. See this for more on ticket prices.

Resort prices, however, are almost twice as high during some periods as they are at others.

(For 2015 prices, see this, and projected 2016 prices, this.)

2014 DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS

Below are Walt Disney World 2014 resort price seasons. “X% Higher” means compared to the lowest prices of the year.

In addition to the below, Disney ups prices an additional $10-50 per night during certain weekends and holidays–particularly over the Marathon weekend, Martin Luther King Day weekend, Columbus Day Weekend, and Thanksgiving week.

Disney World 2014 Price Seasons--Value Resorts 22014 DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS: VALUE RESORTS

• Lowest of year–the value seasonbegins 1/2/14
  • 50% higher–the peak season–begins 2/13/14
  • 30% higher–the regular season-begins 2/23/14
  • 50% higher–the peak season–begins 3/7/14
  • 75% higher–the Easter season–begins 4/13/14
  • 50% higher–the peak season–begins 4/21/14
  • 30% higher–the regular season–begins 4/27/14
  • 50% higher–the summer season–begins 5/30/14
  • 7% higher–near lowest of year–the value season 2begins 8/3/14
  • 15% higher–the fall season, with low prices, begins 9/13/14
  • 50% higher–the peak season–begins 12/12/14
  • 80% higher–the holiday season–begins 12/19/14

Disney World 2014 Price Seasons--Deluxe Resorts2014 DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS: DELUXE RESORTS

• Lowest of year–the value seasonbegins 1/2/14
  • 35% higher–the peak season–begins 2/13/14
  • 15% higher–the regular season–begins 2/23/14
  • 35% higher–the peak season–begins 3/7/14
  • 50% higher–the Easter season–begins 4/13/14
  • 35% higher–the peak season–begins 4/21/14
  • 15% higher–the regular season–begins 4/27/14
  • 10% higher–the summer season–begins 5/30/14
  • 2% higher–near-lowest of year–the value season 2begins 7/13/14
  • Lowest of year–the value seasonbegins 8/17/14
  • 15% higher–the regular season 2–begins 9/26/14
  • 10% higher–the fall season, with low prices, begins 10/19/14
  • 35% higher–the peak season–begins 12/12/14
  • 55% higher–the holiday season–begins 12/19/14

Disney World 2014 Price Seasons--Moderate Resorts2014 DISNEY WORLD PRICE SEASONS: MODERATE RESORTS

• Lowest of year–the value seasonbegins 1/2/14
  • 30% higher–the peak season–begins 2/13/14
  • 17% higher–the regular season-begins 2/23/14
  • 30% higher–the peak season–begins 3/7/14
  • 45% higher–the Easter season–begins 4/13/14
  • 30% higher–the peak season–begins 4/21/14
  • 17% higher–the regular season–begins 4/27/14
  • 15% higher–the summer season–begins 5/30/14
  • 4% higher–near lowest of year–the value season 2begins 8/3/14
  • 10% higher–The fall season, with low prices, begins 9/13/14
  • 30% higher–the peak season–begins 12/12/14
  • 50% higher–the holiday season–begins 12/19/14

MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Shannon { 07.14.13 at 11:10 pm }

Will Columbus Day Weekend be priced higher? And if so will it be the whole week or just the weekend?

2 Dave { 07.15.13 at 8:13 am }

Shannon, Columbus Day weekend–Friday, Saturday, and Sunday–is always priced higher. That’s why you see the little blips in the chart around the weekend…

3 Katye { 07.30.13 at 1:42 pm }

Any idea when free dinning pins will be released for 2014?
Thanks

4 Dave { 07.31.13 at 8:04 am }

Hi Katye, sorry but I don’t know either “if” or “when”…

5 Susan { 09.24.13 at 7:49 pm }

Any idea when the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will open? We arrive 6/30/14

6 Dave { 09.25.13 at 6:58 am }

Susan, I haven’t seen any predictions for when the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride will open that I view as solid–but my guess is that the odds are quite high it’ll be open before Easter…so you should be OK!

Well then mosey on over to the home page, and like it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest!

7 Nick { 10.09.13 at 11:03 pm }

Why did you rate the week of February 9th as a 52? Is that the worst week to go and why? It seems to be a good time before the crowds come for the holiday.

8 Dave { 10.10.13 at 7:45 am }

Nick, my week rankings are for first time visitors who may never return. Hence they particularly ding the ride closure season (see http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/05/12/winter-ride-closures-at-walt-disney-world/ ). Among the ride closure season weeks, rankings are based on crowds and prices. That week, towards the end, crowdss and prices both build, so that’s why it ends with a 52. See also this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/08/12/february-2014-at-walt-disney-world/

See this for an alternate way to evaluate 2014 weeks not focused on first timers who may never return: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/10/07/the-2014-walt-disney-world-week-picker/

9 Irene { 10.17.13 at 8:57 am }

Hi, Would you know when the Magic Kingdom will be decorated for Christmas in 2014. We have just come back from a fab 2 weeks in Orlando and are now looking to book again for next year but we want to go the Christmas things start.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Irene

10 Dave { 10.17.13 at 10:25 am }

Hi Irene, they will start talking down Halloween decorations and putting up Xmas decorations at MK at the beginning of November 2014, likely the 2nd or 3rd, and will be done by around the 10th!

11 Gretchen { 10.18.13 at 11:14 am }

This is the exact info I’m looking for but for disneyland! Do you know where I can find this? Great info for Disney World!

12 Dave { 10.19.13 at 8:16 am }

Gretchen, I’m sorry but I don’t…

13 More { 11.23.13 at 8:25 am }

Hi
i want to take my grandson who is 10. It will be myself, his mom and him. what is the best time for his age group and at that age do you have to bring a friend to go on rides with him or are the rides not that big of an attraction when you consider the other things disney offers. What should he not miss, i know he’s older now and the character breakfasts may not float his board

14 Dave { 11.24.13 at 9:37 am }

Hi, you should start on the home page and work your way through its points: http://yourfirstvisit.net/ The rides are wildly attractive to kids from 8 to 80.

15 Amy { 01.04.14 at 3:01 pm }

Hi…We are starting to plan our first WDW trip. Our dates are flexible, we are good anytime from mid Sept to mid Nov. Our son is 8 years old, and very high functioning on the Autism spectrum. Is there a time in our timeframe that you would suggest looking into? Also, are we better off staying in a WDW resort?

16 Dave { 01.05.14 at 9:05 am }

Hi Amy! On when to go, see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/10/15/2014-weeks-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-order/

And yes I strongly suggest staying on property…

17 Rach { 01.31.14 at 10:27 pm }

HI Dave
We are thinking of heading to Disney the week of 11.15.14 and plan to check out on 11.22.14. We are planning to stay at a moderate resort. However. do you know what the sort of pricing we will be looking at? We are thinking of Port Orleans but if the price is right maybe the Polynesian. Do you recommend the park hopper.

Thanks

18 Dave { 02.01.14 at 10:11 am }

Hi Rach! You can usually work around needing a hopper, and if you decide you want one, you can add one on during your visit at the same price as buying it ahead. So skip it for now.

See the links here for prices by date: http://www.mousesavers.com/2014-disney-world-resort-room-rates-season-dates/

19 paul rivera { 02.24.14 at 1:12 pm }

good morning or good day and need some help here on deals for the parks and disney world as it is our first time family of four small children .we have flight all taking care of and we are coming out in june1-8 and need hotel deals and park and find rental deals so could u
please help thank you god bless..

20 Dave { 02.25.14 at 7:10 am }
21 Laura { 03.17.14 at 8:10 am }

We are planning to arrive on October 25 and Depart on 31 October. We are unsure about accommodation at the moment and considering booking Coronado Springs or Mermaid room at AOA. We are going to travel with my parents and we are going the deluxe dining plan so we are planning to go budget. I wanted to ask if you book something now and then a discount is realised can I call up and shift the booking over? And if I can shift it over to a discounted rate will this impact dining reservations? We are from Australia and I stayed at Beach Club Villas in 2011 on an amazing discount and I feel like it is going to be tough having experienced that, however we never got to see the resort much as we jammed packed our schedule..any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have convinced my parents its the best place on earth so no pressure!! Thank you kindly

22 Dave { 03.17.14 at 4:32 pm }

Laura, between the two it’s a tough call, but I’d go with Coronado Springs–for, among other reasons, you’ll have a really tough time actually using all your table service credits on the deluxe dining plan, and Coronado Springs at least has a table service restaurant…which AofA does not. Moreover, besides more spacious rooms and queen beds, Coronado also has more perks than Aofa–and even more than any other moderate.

23 Laura Alessi { 03.18.14 at 5:48 am }

Hi Dave thank you for your quick response it is greatly appreciated. I think your right we should book Coronado. One more question if I may..If I book it now and a special comes can I upgrade or cancel and create a new booking? And can you book two rooms on one reservation? Sorry that was two questions. Thank you again and you do such a wonderful job. I feel so blessed to be able to visit Disney World again from Australia and I am literally counting down the days for my next trip there. It filled my heart with so much joy and I still tear up thinking about it. I hope I am not the only that feels this way at about it. Thanks again

24 Dave { 03.18.14 at 7:26 am }

Hi Laura yes millions feel that way! You can book two rooms. Also if a deal comes out, you can pursue it and, if successful, either change your current reservations to it, or get a new reservation and then cancel the old one.

25 Laura Alessi { 03.18.14 at 8:08 am }

Ok great thank you – ok promise last question for 2014 – if you have to cancel the booking will that impact the restaurant bookings which I will need to lock in next month? I am going to try and secure Victoria and Albert chef table – I told my husband that its like winning the lottery and he said he will need to win the lottery to pay for it…I assured him it is well worth the experience. Thanks again

26 Dave { 03.19.14 at 7:02 am }

Laura, you can ask any questions you want! Your restaurant bookings will be fine…

27 Laura Alessi { 03.19.14 at 7:04 am }

Thanks Dave your too kind- I will definitely have to send you a review of my trip…in the meantime I will go to bed at night dreaming about Disneyworld until October

28 Kathryn { 05.28.14 at 11:15 pm }

Thank you for this site! Its exactly what I was looking for! We are going on short trip ~ 5 days in early November. 2 adults and our animal lover 5 year old. I know you recommend AOA or Polynesian. We’ve gone before when our daughter was 2 and I imagine we’ll go again in another 3 or 4 years. Do you have a recommendation for a Animal Kingdom resort to stay at? How difficult will it be to get around to the parks? If we do stay at AK, I expect we’ll do one day at MK and another at AK.

29 Dave { 05.30.14 at 11:48 am }

Hi Kathryn, and thanks!! The only Animal Kingdom area resort with animals is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. See this http://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/04/08/review-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge-jambo-house/

30 Brenda { 06.08.14 at 8:31 pm }

Hi, Dave.

I am looking to book 8 nights at a Disney Value Resort, from Oct. 11 to Oct. 19th with park tickets. I see that Disney has not put out any specials for rooms or otherwise yet for those dates. The latest room special ends on Oct. 3rd. Do you know if there will be another special coming out for the time period I would like to stay? Thanks!

31 Dave { 06.10.14 at 8:22 am }

Brenda, there’s a good chance a room rate deal will come out for those dates. Among the value resorts, All-Star Music and Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation are often excluded from such deals, though

32 Felix { 06.19.14 at 1:03 pm }

Looking to stay at the Polynesian Resort in June before July 4th or after July 4th. How to achieve your lower prices. Florida Resident by the way.

33 Dave { 06.20.14 at 7:53 am }

Felix, Poly prices drop to nearly the lowest level of the year on July 13–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/07/11/walt-disney-world-2014-price-seasons/

34 Brittany { 07.12.14 at 11:41 am }

I’m getting married next year, we were thinking March. When do you think the best days would be to go? Our dates our flexible as well. We would like to get the most out of our money and have great weather.

35 Dave { 07.13.14 at 7:15 am }

Hi Brittany, the first week of March is the only one I can recommend. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/12/08/2015-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

36 Alex { 07.15.14 at 5:19 pm }

Hi, me and my family planing a trip to Disney between Oct 28 2014 till Nov 1 2014 and want to stay in one of the VALUE RESORTS. When is the best time to make a reservations?

37 Dave { 07.15.14 at 6:23 pm }
38 Alex { 07.16.14 at 10:44 am }

sorry Dave, but in your link i don’t see when is the best time to make a hotel reservations in VALUE RESORTS during that time that we will be visiting Disney.

39 Dave { 07.17.14 at 7:32 am }

Alex, the link suggests you should book more than 180 days ahead.