New Year’s Eve 2013/2014 at Walt Disney World
By Dave Shute
2013 NEW YEAR’S EVE AT DISNEY WORLD
The Animal Kingdom has no special New Year’s Eve events.
Here’s what’s known so far for the calendar for New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World:
- Epcot is scheduled to be open until 1a on New Year’s Eve; Disney’s Hollywood Studios until midnight for the general public, and 2a for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests; and the Magic Kingdom is currently scheduled to be open until 1a, but likely will be open until 2a
- The Magic Kingdom has Wishes at 8.30p and special New Year’s Eve fireworks at 11.50p
- Epcot has its Illuminations fireworks show at 6.30p and 11.40p, plus DJs in various pavilions.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have fireworks at midnight, and several sets over the evening from “Mulch, Sweat and Shears,” a live band
- Note that alcohol is not available at the Magic Kingdom, but is available at Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The Magic Kingdom will have the same fireworks at the same times on 12/30. This date will likely be a little less crowded than 12/31.
DISNEY WORLD PARK CLOSURES ON NEW YEAR’S EVE
Disney closes parks due to crowding often on New Year’s Eve. “Closes” means closed to additional guests–those in the parks do not have to leave.
See this for more on how Disney World park closings work.
The Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are the most likely parks to close, and Epcot the least likely.
Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook!