Disney World Itineraries after Hoop Dee Doo…
By Dave Shute
The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is on every one of this site’s itineraries. Because its show times will change on October 1, 2012, I’ve spent the last coupla of weeks re-doing and re-posting the itinerary charts, To-Do Lists, and the relevant daily guidance.
This also gave me the chance to suppress some old links (2009 week rankings!), clean up some top and bottom of the page links, and take out–with a tear–Snow White and Kim Possible.
Building the site’s itineraries is complicated.
The eight day versions–based on how long this site recommends you should stay–promise all the best of Walt Disney World to first time visitors who may never return, and represent an integrated and sequenced plan that includes dining, rides, and special events and adventures.
Included in them (as well as in most of the shorter and longer versions) are overviews, To-Do Lists, and detailed daily guidance. See, for example, the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary and its links.
(See this for more on itinerary design principles.)
The eight day itineraries are already a bit of a compromise–the two non-summer versions really need another day, and the summer version another day and a half, to better balance off days with park time. But I’ve left them this length because they fit in a Saturday-Sunday one week vacation.
However, due to reader demand, I’ve also created a bunch of shorter variants and even some longer ones.
I’ve never before brought all the site’s itineraries to one page after a major update–but here they are! See what follows for the three core eight night itineraries, and the variants.
EIGHT NIGHT WALT DISNEY WORLD ITINERARIES
- Basic December Itinerary for this site’s top three recommended weeks, designed around the special Christmas programs, parties, and unusual Extra Magic Hour pattern of this holiday period
- Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary, designed for the common Extra Magic Hour, parade and fireworks schedules for much of the rest of the year
- Summer Itinerary, designed for the distinct summer operating pattern that’s in effect from early June until later August, and also over a few other high-crowd weeks such as Christmas and Easter weeks.
SEVEN NIGHT WALT DISNEY WORLD ITINERARIES
- For a seven night Summer itinerary, click here
- Click here for a seven night Autumn-Winter-Spring itinerary with a Saturday arrival
- Click here for a seven night Autumn-Winter-Spring itinerary with a Sunday arrival
- For a seven night variant of the Basic December Itinerary with a Saturday arrival, see this
- For a seven night variant of the Basic December Itinerary with a Sunday arrival, see this
SIX NIGHT WALT DISNEY WORLD ITINERARIES
- Click here for an Autumn-Winter-Spring six night Walt Disney World itinerary
- For a six night variant of the Basic December Itinerary, see this
FIVE NIGHT WALT DISNEY WORLD ITINERARIES
- For a starting point towards a five-night itinerary, see this
- For a five night variant of the Basic December Itinerary, see this
NINE NIGHT WALT DISNEY WORLD ITINERARY
- For a nine-night variant of the Basic December Itinerary, see this
LONGER WALT DISNEY WORLD ITINERARIES
- For thoughts toward longer and multi-year itineraries, see this