By using any of this site you consent to my brand-spanking-new Privacy Policy, and also that this site is kinda hot.

By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2018, the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever.

Available on Amazon here.

July 2018 at Walt Disney World

OVERVIEW: JULY 2018 AT DISNEY WORLD

This page reviews July 2018 Walt Disney World crowds, prices, deals and discounts, weather, and operating hours; adds a few other notes; and ends with week by week summaries.

Because pretty much every US schoolkid is on break in July, while shorter periods the rest of the year are more crowded, July overall has traditionally been the most crowded month at Disney World.

Note, however, that the last two summers have been unusually good at Disney World in terms of crowds. If this trend continues, then July will be better than I’ve noted!

Prices begin the month lower at the deluxes, moderate at the moderates, and high at the values.  On July 6, they drop even more at the deluxes.

JULY 2018 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 6/30 has a crowd ranking of 9/high , and the rest of the month a ranking of 8/high-minus. Crowds the Fourth of July will be worst.

See this for more on 2018 crowds at Disney World.

JULY 2018 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

At the values and moderates, prices all month are Summer season–30-40% higher than the lowest of the year at the values, and 10-15% higher at the moderates. Prices at the deluxes begin the month about 5-15% higher than the lowest of the year, and on July 6  go even lower, to 5-10% higher than the lowest of the year.

See this for more on 2018 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.

JULY 2018 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Deals for the general public are available for July 2018. Find them here.

JULY 2018 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

July weather is hot and humid, with afternoon storms common.

The hurricane season officially begins June 1, but hurricanes are a rarely a threat until mid-August…

Disney World Temperatures and Percentile Distribution Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.

DISNEY WORLD SPECIAL EVENTS IN JULY 2018

The Fourth of July will be celebrated July 3 and July 4 at Magic Kingdom, and July 4 at Epcot.  See this for more on the Fourth of July 2018 at Disney World.

JULY 2018 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.

The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available about six months in advance. Major hours updates–often with later closes–can happen a month before.

These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:

WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR JULY 2018 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE

The week rankings that follow below are from 2018 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.

Click the image for a calendar view of 2018 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge).

6/30/2018 High prices at values, moderate prices at moderates, low prices at deluxes. High crowds. Crowd ranking=9. Week ranking=42. Use the Higher Crowd Itinerary, but see this for changes because of the 4th of July

7/7/2018 High prices at values, moderate prices at moderates, low prices at deluxes. High- crowds. Crowd ranking=8. Week ranking=37. Use the Higher Crowd Itinerary

7/14/2018 High prices at values, moderate prices at moderates, low prices at deluxes. High- crowds. Crowd ranking=8. Week ranking=36. Use the Higher Crowd Itinerary

7/21/2018 High prices at values, moderate prices at moderates, low prices at deluxes. High- crowds. Crowd ranking=8. Week ranking=35. Use the Higher Crowd Itinerary

7/28/2018 High prices at values, moderate prices at moderates, low prices at deluxes. High- crowds. Crowd ranking=8. Week ranking=34. Use the Higher Crowd Itinerary

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Eric { 01.17.18 at 5:07 pm }

Hi Dave, I actually asked you this type question in another post, so sorry for the nag. I’m going the week of Aug 25, but with plans of going to each park once starting Sunday Aug 26 -Wed Aug 29. I’m going to be traveling for work over next month so I need to set up my plans now. Anyway, I figure I can use the week of July 7 as a template. Do you think that’ll work in terms of which parks to avoid each day? Aside from F&W Fest, I would imagine all parks have same schedule July7-Aug30? Last, at this point is it fair to assume Toy Story Land will be open, and if so, do you think the park will have extended hours or additional EMH like with Pandora?

Sorry for the long-winded questions.

2 Dave { 01.18.18 at 11:19 am }

Eric, it may be more complicated than that. If the Halloween Party starts around then (as it did in 2017), then it has a profound effect on the best and worst parks to go to–particularly if it has many show nights during your dates. If it follows last year’s pattern it’ll be on 8/28 your dates, making that a good day at MK and a bad day everywhere else, especially Epcot.

So assuming that
8/26 avoid HS
8/27 avoid AK and MK
8/28 avoid all but MK, but especially Epcot
8/29 avoid MK

It’s a little hard for me to read what will be up for Toy Story. Because it’s aimed at the younger set–and because the Slinky Dog ride, despite being fun, is not going to be the world-class ride that Flight of Passage is–I’m not certain that extra evening Magic hours will be added, as they would be on the order of 9p-11p or 10p-MN.

3 Eric { 01.19.18 at 11:01 am }

Thanks Dave for the detailed reply. I forgot about the MNSSHP starting so early and it certainly does put a kink in the planning. I believe the crowd levels during my week are usually very low so fingers crossed that if I can’t keep to your advise, I won’t pay dearly. We’re doing a split stay (Pop/YC) and I want to do DHS & Epcot while staying at YC. So I may have to go rogue.

4 Dave { 01.20.18 at 6:29 am }

Eric, during the party seasons, even during the lowest crowd weeks, specific parks can be viciously crowded on specific days because of the ebb and flow shaped by the operating hours at MK, and the relative attractiveness of other parks on days when MK closes early…

5 Andrea { 01.25.18 at 8:14 pm }

Hi Dave! Love your book! Do you think there will be a difference in crowds between the weeks of 9/8 and 9/15? Trying to finalize plans…

6 Dave { 01.26.18 at 10:05 am }

Hi Andrea so glad you like the book. I’m not seeing a big difference between the two weeks–see this.

That time of year, picking the right park the right day is critical. Ping me back in a a couple of months (when the calendar for then will be out) and I’ll be able to advise on your days.

7 Julia { 02.27.18 at 2:51 pm }

Dave, I can’t find your daily park recommendations, as mentioned in the above comment.
I am looking for July 26-Aug 3. Which park on what day, with park hopper. I thought I found it in the past, but maybe I am mistaken. Do you have one yet for end of July?
Thanks, Julia

8 Dave { 02.28.18 at 9:19 am }

Hi Julia, you are thinking of another site–while I do give advice when requested, I don’t publish a calendar of daily park recommendations, partly because they vary depending on the actual dates of a trip (especially when a visit straddles high rna d lower crowd dates) , partly because most of the year (not during the party seasons) a good plan is much more important, and partly because of the limits in Disney’s calendars.

Because you have a hopper, you can do some things that those without one should not do, if you are eligible for Extra Magic Hours and are willing to get up early and go to them. Let me know if you are and I’ll advise!

9 Lisa { 03.11.18 at 9:03 am }

I plan on visiting 7/23/18- 7/30 staying at the wilderness lodge. Any idea of when a discount will become available and what type of discount? Thanks in advance love your site!

10 Dave { 03.11.18 at 10:43 am }

Hi Lisa and thanks! Last year room rate discounts were out for those dates, and were announced at the end of March. What was in the deal last year is here: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2017/03/27/disney-world-discounts-for-summer-2017-released/

11 Maggie { 03.17.18 at 4:30 pm }

Hi Dave – Just back from a wonderful trip and you were right on for which parks on which days. Thanks!! It’s already time to start planning for our next trip. We are going Oct. 2-11 and staying at Boardwalk Villas again. Can you please tell me which parks to avoid on which days? Do you think there is any chance Disney may offer discounts for Oct.? I was going to book while we were there but the bounceback discounts were not offered for Oct. I’m afraid Disney has figured out how popular Oct. is. They sure figured out that people love the Minnie vans – two weeks before we arrived, they raised the price to $25. Can still be a deal depending on where you are going and if you need car seats. Thanks again for your help – still love your book and your site. Can’t imagine heading to Disney without your imput!!

12 Dave { 03.18.18 at 12:49 pm }

Hi Maggie, I’ll be able to comment on those days, but not until Disney publishes its calendar for then, which won’t be for another couple of months.

I’d expect room rate discounts to come out for then, including the cabins.

The cabins are in a different resort than the Wilderness Lodge–they are in Fort Wilderness. A boat goes between the tow resorts.

13 Maggie { 03.19.18 at 3:17 pm }

Thanks Dave – looked on the wrong page this morning. Lol I’ll check back with you in a couple of months.

14 Shay { 06.15.18 at 1:52 pm }

I’m going next month.. July 8-14. I don’t want to stand in lines all day but I’m staying at a condo. What can I do ?

15 Dave { 06.16.18 at 6:55 am }

Shay, what you need is good daily plans including booking your FastPass+ asap, arriving well before scheduled opens, and avoiding parks on days they have morning extra magic hours. Read the FastPass+ link, then look through some of my daily plans, e.g. the ones starting here.