h. Where to Eat at Walt Disney World
Some of the best family experiences at Walt Disney World are the meals.
But with more than a hundred very different alternatives, the most fun of which sell out months in advance, dining is more complicated at Disney World than you would think.
Moreover, because of the popularity of the dining plan (see How to Eat), reservations for your table service choices are absolutely a must.
This site takes care of dining for you. It selects all your Walt Disney World and Orlando dining sites and times, and the To-Do List includes all of the dining reservations you need to make, and by when you need to make them; these dining destinations are also listed in your itinerary.
Your dining sites have been selected based on how well-loved they are by families, kid-pleasing menus, how effectively they achieve their show intent, value for money, and convenience.
If you can’t follow the dining instructions in the itineraries, see Dining Alternatives.
SPECIFIC DISNEY WORLD DINING DESTINATIONS INCLUDE:
- The dinner show Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, hokey but loved for generations
- “Character Meals” (where Disney characters join you for greeting, autograph, and photo sessions) at Cinderella’s Royal Table, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Chef Mickey’s, and the Crystal Palace
- Other meals in especially interesting and kid-friendly settings, such as the Rainforest Cafe, the San Angel Inn, and the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues; and
- Fun snack and/or “fast food” locations such as Beaches and Cream, Sunshine Season Food Fair, Pecos Bill’s, Aloha Isle, the Sci-Fi Diner, and the Boulangerie Patisserie.
COMPLETE LIST OF DISNEY WORLD DINING SITES IN THE BASIC ITINERARY
- Cinderella’s Royal Table (Character Meal)
- Pecos Bill Café
- Crystal Palace (Character Meal)
- Dole Whip at Aloha Isle (Snack)
- Backlot Express
- Sci-Fi Diner (Snack)
- Akershus Banquet (Character Meal)
- Sunshine Season Food Fair
- San Angel Inn
- Boulangerie Patisserie (Snack)
- Flame Tree Barbecue
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue (Fort Wilderness, Dinner Show)
- Chef Mickey’s (Contemporary, Character Meal)
- Beaches and Cream (Beach Club, Snack)
- Dole Whip at Captain Cook’s (Polynesian, Snack)
- Plus your hotel’s counter service and your hotel room!
- House of Blues Gospel Brunch
- Rainforest Café
Retired from the Basic Itinerary in September 2009 (to save money and simplify days): 1900 Park Fare, Whispering Canyon, 50′s Prime Time Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern
MORE ON WALT DISNEY WORLD DINING
- How to Eat
- The Disney Dining Plan
- What if You Can’t do the Dining Plan?
- Where to Eat
- Dining Alternatives
- The Comprehensive Guide to Walt Disney World Dining
- Character Meals and Dinner Shows Ranked in Order
- Table Service Meals at the Parks Ranked in Order
- Table Service Meals at the Resorts Ranked in Order