By Dave Shute
MAGIC KINGDOM ITINERARY mk10
Sleep in, then go to the Wilderness Lodge for an early lunch. From there head to the Magic Kingdom for an afternoon of fun. Then go to Fort Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue in the evening!
- Sleep in (early risers can have breakfast in your hotel’s counter service restaurant (counter credit)), grab your Hoop Dee Doo tickets, and depart by 10:00 (Pop Century bus) or 10:20 (the Resort Monorail stop at the Polynesian) for the Magic Kingdom
- At the front of the Magic Kingdom—before the entrance to the park—find the boat to the Wilderness Lodge. Ask a cast member for help finding it if you need it.
- Get off the boat at the Wilderness Lodge stop (not the Fort Wilderness stop) and follow the crowd into the main building
- At 11 be at the Whispering Canyon Café and have the Family Skillet Lunch (cash). Your wait staff will lead you in all kinds of fun!
- Be at the boat dock no later than 12:15 and take the boat to the Magic Kingdom
AT THE PARK
- Enter the park, get a guide map, and walk through Adventureland to Splash Mountain. Fastpass it
- Head back into Adventureland and do all the rides you come to except Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise–you will do these right after the 3p parade, when the lines will be much shorter
- Cut over to Liberty Square and see the Hall of Presidents and, if it is not yet 2:00p, ride the Liberty Belle Steamboat. If it is after 2p, explore the shops around Liberty Square, Frontierland and Adventureland
- Be back in the area around Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain by 2:55, and explore it until the 3p parade starts. Don’t leave this area, or the parade will trap you on the wrong side of the park!
- Watch the parade from the Splash Mountain side and then walk to Big Thunder Mountain and ride it (the wait will not be long, as the parade will have drawn off many riders).
- Get off, and head back into Adventureland using the road to the right of Pecos Bills. Adventureland will be less crowded not only because of people watching the parade, but also because it is the only land that the parade cuts off
- Do Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise
- Return to Splash Mountain when your fastpass time indicates and ride it
- If you have time, return to Liberty Square and ride the Haunted Mansion–but you have to be back at the boat docks in front of the Magic Kingdom by 5:15p (6.15 until October 1.)
- Be at the Magic Kingdom boat dock (the same one you were at to go to the Wilderness Lodge this morning) for the resort launch to Fort Wilderness by 5:15p. (6.15p until October 1)
- Ask a cast member to make sure that you are on the Fort Wilderness boat, and that you get off at Fort Wilderness. (NOT the Wilderness Lodge!) Follow the crowd looking for Pioneer Hall–just a few hundred yards in from the boat dock
- Check in for and enjoy the 6:15p Hoop Dee Doo Revue (two table credits) (Until October 1, it’s at 7.15p)
- Return to the boat dock and take the boat to the Magic Kingdom
- Return to your hotel by monorail if you are staying at the Polynesian or bus (at the Magic Kingdom bus area to the right of where you exit the boat) if you are staying at Pop Century
LINKS FOR THIS ITINERARY
- To-Do List
- First Saturday
- First Sunday
- Second Saturday
- Second Sunday
- For itinerary design goals and the basic December Itinerary, see this
- For shorter and longer itineraries targeted at the same December week, see this
- For itineraries covering all the other parts of the year, see this
- To design your own itinerary, see this
- For rides that might be skipped, see this
- For a comprehensive guide to rides and attractions, see this