Recommended Disney World Websites
Welcome! This site is designed for first time family visitors to Walt Disney World who do not know if they will ever return.
It guarantees the best possible first family visit to Walt Disney World for the least possible time spent planning!
To use this site, begin by clicking Summary of Instructions.
Follow the instructions that you can, and where you can’t, click the links in Summary of Instructions for your next best options, ranked in order!
If you are looking for something very specific,
- For when to go, see this
- For next best dates, see this
- For best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this
- For itinerary design goals and the basic December Itinerary, see this
This site is designed so that first time family visitors don’t need any more information than what it presents. But if you do, or are just curious, the websites below are wonderful.
BASICS FOR THE FIRST TIME FAMILY VISITOR
- The Walt Disney World Instruction Manual at yourfirstvisit.net. Everything you need in one easy and fast site
- disneyworld.com the official site…
- Official Walt Disney World Calendar page park hours, events, and Extra Magic Hours, next six months.
- It’s easier to work with the individual park calendars. To view a day–for example, to figure out if and when Fantasmic or Wishes is on that day–go to the individual park’s monthly calendar and click within the date you are curious about.
- (Disney’s calendars are harder to use than they should be–see this if you need help with them.)
- Len Testa and Bob Sehlinger’s TouringPlans.com, the unofficial site…tons of stuff, but especially good on daily crowd forecasts, and park touring plans
- TouringPlans.com has also released a way cool mobile app, Lines, for estimated this-second waiting times for all the rides and attractions at Walt Disney World. To learn more, see this see this post, or go here.
- Steve Soare’s Walt Disney World Entertainment show schedules for current week
- Deb Wills’s AllEars.Net tons of information on almost any Walt Disney World topic
- Mark Goldhaber’s weekly Walt Disney World Park Update on MousePlanet.com (see below) is mostly too geeky for first time visitors but in the middle of the page almost always has great information on upcoming ride closures, hotel renovations, and such.
- Mary Warings’s MouseSavers.com additional indispensable money saving ideas, and more
- DISboards.com discussion board where you can get basic and advanced questions answered
- Undercover Tourist has lots of cool stuff to offer, and is one of the few reliable sources of discounted theme park tickets
- A great site for resources and discounts for military families is MilitaryDisneyTips.com.
OTHER GREAT DISNEY WEBSITES
- Orlando Visiting, at orlandoflorida.net, is an interesting, newer discussion board and resource
- Chip and Company news, planning tips, giveways, etc
- easyWDW.com is a neat, often hilarious site, with a great community. It covers a lot of the same terrain as this site, but in some different ways, and not focused on first-time visitors. Weakest material is on the hotels; best is the crowd calendars. I don’t agree with everything Josh says, but overall it’s a terrific resource
- Dad’s Guide to WDW, like easyWDW.com, covers much of the terrain of this site but with a different spin, and without the first-time focus. As with easyWDW, I don’t agree with everything, but Carl’s site is well worth checking out
- Dan’s OrlandoInformer.com has lots of good stuff, and is particularly strong on Universal
- Sarah and Tom Bricker’s Disney Tourist Blog–varied but good stuff, especially strong on dining and photography
- MousePlanet.com Like AllEars.Net above, but with more news.
- Jim Hill’s jimhillmedia.com eclectic news about the world of Disney and related topics
- Lou Mongello’s disneyworldtrivia.com–great trivia, and lots more
- Re-Imagineering fascinating material from Disney insiders on what might be/have been
- Craig Miller’s Google Earth Community: The ULTIMATE Walt Disney World Collection is just what it looks like…Aerial photos of WDW with millions of tags.
- Google Earth 3D of Disney World: start here
- The official Disney Parks Blog
- WDW News Today –Daily news and information about Walt Disney World
- WDWDailyNews.com–News and other material on all things Disney
- PassPorter.com’s Message Board Community
- The Daily Disney, a site hosted by the Orlando Sentinel
- The Disney Blog, with news and such
- Steve’s TikimanPages for all things about the Polynesian Resort
- Buzz2001′s Unofficial Coronado Springs Resort Website
- John Schunk’s Leave it to Genie, for help planning your trip
- BetaMouse.net –a podcast site covering Disney and tech–ranging from NextGen to mobile apps, by Henry Work et al
- The Disney Food Blog –all kinds of reviews and other fun and useful stuff about food and dining at Walt Disney World
- Spanish Disney fan site: Parques Disney en Espanol
MAGICAL BLOGORAIL TEAL
The other sites on Magical Blogorail Teal are
- The World of Deej
- The DisneyFAITHful
- The Many Adventures of a Disney-Lovin’ Spectrum Mom
- Capturing Magical Moments