Basic 2016 December FastPass+ Itinerary
By Dave Shute
This Walt Disney World itinerary is designed for the three weeks following Thanksgiving 2016.
(For a PDF version, click here.)
If you aren’t going one of those weeks, see Other Itineraries for alternatives the rest of the year, which are published about six months ahead.
You can enlarge the basic itinerary by clicking it.
Updated in June 2016 to reflect the operating patterns Disney published on June 1 2016, it is labeled as a draft, for two reasons:
- Not all evening offerings in November and December 2016 are out, so there may be a few revisions if certain evening shows are not on the expected nights
- Multiple new attractions are coming on line, so I won’t be doing the daily agendas or FastPass+ bookings until much closer to the 60 days before booking window for FastPass+
A detailed To-Do List covers all the steps you need to undertake, except for booking FastPass+, which I will add to the To-Do List by mid-September.
ITINERARY DESIGN GOALS
The basic December itinerary was designed to meet several goals: to ensure that you
- See the best that Walt Disney World has to offer, including all of its special Christmas season offerings
- See the parks in the order that works best for kids (essentially Epcot first, as it is potentially the most disappointing, and the Magic Kingdom last, as it is likely to be the best loved)
- Avoid unnecessary waiting, by using FastPass+ and other tactics…
- Have as much time off, and as few early mornings, as practical
- Avoid unnecessary spending–for example, the basic itinerary does not require you to buy the “Park Hopper” option, saving you more than $200
If you can’t do the dates required for the Basic Itinerary, see Other Itineraries for alternatives for both the December week and the rest of the year.