New Year’s Eve 2015/2016 at Walt Disney World
By Dave Shute
2015 NEW YEAR’S EVE AT DISNEY WORLD
The Animal Kingdom has no special New Year’s Eve events.
Hours may be extended, but here’s what’s currently likely:
- Epcot is scheduled to be open until 1a on New Year’s Eve; Disney’s Hollywood Studios until midnight for the general public, and 2a for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests; and the Magic Kingdom until midnight. Hours at the Magic Kingdom likely will be extended to 2a
- The Magic Kingdom will have Wishes, likely at at 7.30p, and special New Year’s Eve fireworks at 11.50p
- Epcot will have its Illuminations fireworks show at 6p and 11.40p, plus DJs in various pavilions.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have fireworks at midnight, and several sets over the evening from “Mulch, Sweat and Shears,” a live band
- Note that alcohol is not available at the Magic Kingdom, but is available at Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The Magic Kingdom will have the same fireworks at the same times on 12/30. This date will likely be a little less crowded than 12/31.
DISNEY WORLD PARK CLOSURES ON NEW YEAR’S EVE
Disney closes parks due to crowding often on New Year’s Eve. “Closes” means closed to additional guests–those in the parks do not have to leave.
See this for more on how Disney World park closings work.
The Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are the most likely parks to close, and Animal Kingdom the least likely.