To-Do List for Basic December FastPass+ Itinerary

This To-Do List is for the FastPass+ Basic December Itinerary.  For To-Do-Lists for other itineraries, see this.

Note that if your arrival date is 12/6/14, you need to swap Monday and Wednesday in both the itinerary and To-Do List, as HS closes early 12/10.

Disney World Basic December Itinerary from yourfirstvisit.netDaily instructions are here:

A. MORE THAN 180 DAYS BEFORE YOUR PLANNED ARRIVAL DATE

(Note that a good travel agent, such as Destinations in Florida, can do almost all of this for you, for free. If you use Destinations in Florida as you travel agent through a link for this site–like this one–then they share a bit of the pixie dust they get from Disney with me.)

1. Confirm your budget, planned dates, intended hotel, kids’ development and heights, and your transportation choice and its availability for your planned dates.

2. Make your plane reservations, if flying. Make any other needed transportation arrangements.

3. Create your My Disney Experience account here and add your family members to it

4. Set up your hotel and tickets. Call 407-939-7675 (preferred, because this allows you to tell the reservationist which building at your resort you wish to be in), or click here to use Disney’s online system.  (Note: if your dates are later than what the online system permits, see this.)

• If you are following my itinerary, you want the hotel you’ve picked for 8 nights, nine day, no hopper, no “water parks and more” tickets, the Dining Plan, and Disney’s Magical Express
  • Itineraries other than mine will have different requirements here

B. 181 DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL DATE

San Angel Inn at Epcot from yourfirstvisit.net1. Login to your MyDisneyExperience.com account, click the “Things to Do” tab at top right, under Dining hit “Make Reservations,” and practice trying to reserve restaurants (hint: use the search box at the upper right).

This may well drive you crazy, but the site works better than it used to…and is likely the only way you can get your Cindy reservations done! (as the site opens up a new reservable day at 6a, whereas the phone reservation line opens at 7a).

2. Collect your planned restaurant reservations together. You will want to do them online in order of hardest to reserve first. This is how they are listed below.

C. EXACTLY 6am EST, EXACTLY 180 DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL DATE

(For an 180 day calendar, see this).

1. Be on the restaurant website by at least 5:50am EST, and have your Cindy reservation all set up on the page. Keep refreshing, as you will be let in as soon as Disney’s system decides it is 6a.

2. Make as many of the following as you have patience for (try to get through at least Crystal Palace), in the exact order listed:

• Cinderella’s Royal Table Lunch (dining plan, two credits): Friday at 11a or later if you can; earlier than 11 only if your sole option…
  • Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue (dining plan, two credits): First Sunday 6.15p show. The later time will keep you up later than you need to be, OK if all you can get. Avoid the earlier time–it’ll cut into your park time too much
  • Chef Mickey’s (dining plan, one credit) Second Saturday 6p.  Later is OK, but not a whole lot earlier as you have a late lunch this day
  • Crystal Palace (cash): Second Saturday 1p if you can; a little earlier or later OK,  but not much later
  • Akershus Banquet (dining plan): First Saturday 6.30p.  No later, but earlier is OK.
  • San Angel Inn as Candlelight Processional Dining Package (dining plan, two credits): Thursday 5.45p. Can be earlier but not later.

For those you don’t make online, make them by calling call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)

3. Go to the site for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and order tickets for your family for Tuesday

D. 60 DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL DATE

Liking the Name on This MagicBand1. Go to your MyDisneyExperience account and set up the following FastPass+

• First Saturday afternoon and evening at Epcot: Tier One: Soarin. Tier Two: Spaceship Earth and Maelstrom. Do Spaceship Earth for when you expect to be able to arrive at Epcot, then Soarin for the next, and Maelstrom before or after dinner
  • First Sunday at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: DINOSAUR for 12.30-1.30p, Expedition Everest for 1.30 to 2.30p, and Kali River Rapids for 4p-5p.
  • Monday at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Tier One: Toy Story Midway Mania for 1-2p. Tier Two: Star Tours for 2.30-3.30p, and Indiana Jones right after.
  • Tuesday at the Magic Kingdom: Big Thunder Mountain 1-2p, Splash Mountain 2-3p, and Jungle Cruise 3-4p.
  • Wednesday at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Tier One: Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster for 4-5p. Tier Twos Voyage of the Little Mermaid for 1-2p, and Tower of Terror for 3-4p.
  • Thursday at Epcot: Tier One Test Track at 1-2p. Tier Twos Mission: Space (12-1p) and a third of your choice.
  • Friday at the Magic Kingdom: Design in order around your Cinderella lunch time, e.g. Peter Pan 1-2p, Enchanted Tales with Belle 2-3p, and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 3-4p.
  • Second Saturday at the Magic Kingdom: You will revise these FastPass+ the night before based on what you wish to re-ride, but start with Splash Mountain 2-3p, Peter Pan 3.30-4.30p, and Space Mountain 4.30-5.30p.
  • Second Sunday at the Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris 10a-11a Festival of the Lion King 11a-noon and a third ride of your choice.

2. Do online check in, requesting as you do special location points

3. Customize your MagicBands

E. NOTES ON PACKING ETC. BEFORE YOU LEAVE

1. Bring your MagicBands in your carry-ons

2. If you use Disney’s Magical Express, you do not need to collect your bags at the Orlando airport unless you arrive late in the evening/at night or are an international traveler. Disney will get them for you and, eventually, deliver them directly to your room. Your bags may arrive hours after you do; so, depending on the weather forecasts, have a carry-on with an appropriate change of clothes for Orlando weather on Saturday, as you will almost certainly go to Epcot on Saturday before your checked bags arrive.

3. Follow the instructions in the Magical Express packet you will receive in the mail regarding both tagging your bags pre-departure, and where to go at the Orlando airport to find your transport to your resort.

4. Bring a copy of your room reservation, confirmation numbers and any tickets for special events you may have received in the mail.

5. Pack breakfast utensils, as they are not always available in the gift shop: bowls, spoons, napkins

6. When you arrive at the hotel, look for the special “On-line Check-in” line, and get into it.

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Tim { 05.22.14 at 6:58 pm }

LOVE the new itinerary!!!! Sleeping in nearly every morning is awesome! I noticed that Downtown Disney & La Nouba have been removed from this update. Just curious as to your thought process…..Thanks again for an awesome site!

2 Dave { 05.23.14 at 7:42 am }

Thanks Tim, and a great question. There’s two answers. Probably most important is the La Nouba is stunning, but so expensive and simply not to everyone’s taste. There’s nothing else like it–so I can’t say “if you like x, then be sure to see Cirque du Soleil.”

Second is that what was scarce before FP+ was early mornings. Now what’s scarce is days–as each park day gives you three more FP+. That, combined with sleeping in, puts people in the parks each day, and pushes itineraries into the evenings each day. It’s easy, for those who wish, to shift an afternoon without major evening events to the morning, and do La Nouba that night–especially on Friday.

3 Jamie { 06.12.14 at 7:24 am }

Hi…First of all…this site is AMAZING!!!! Thanks so much for providing all this info. It has helped me tremendously in planning our family’s first vacation to Disney….Nov 29, 2014…Yeah! One question…I am not that interested in Micky’s Very Special Xmas party. I do have 2 reservations for one of those evenings. One at Crystal Palace for dinner and one on the tomorrowland terrace for dessert and fireworks. Will I be forced to buy tickets to party. My reservations are at 6 and 830 (after the park closes to public.) Let me know if you have any info on that. Thanks!!!!

4 Dave { 06.13.14 at 7:04 am }

Jamie, I’m pretty sure that you will need to leave the park after your first reservation.

5 Denise Mascola { 06.18.14 at 10:24 am }

We’re going 8/22/14 – 8/31/14.
Your itinerary offers lots of days to sleep in, which sounds great on vacation. I’m wondering if in that blistering hot part of summer what you think of going early to the parks, resting in the afternoon hottest period, and then returning for hopefully slightly cooler evenings?
Is it realistic to go back to your room and rest and get back to the park time-wise?
Our group is 4 – two adults and two 6 year old boys
Denise

6 Dave { 06.18.14 at 11:10 am }

Denise, sure you can, and many recommend it, if you can get your family out of bed in time to be at the parks by 45 minutes before open!

7 Ps { 06.26.14 at 7:27 am }

Staying in a non disney resort for 5 days in dec. have 2 girls ages 6. any pointers for an itinerary?

8 Dave { 06.26.14 at 8:24 am }

Ps, all my stuff on this site is for older kids on longer visits, but you can get a lot of help for younger kids on shorter trips from my book The easy Guide to Your First Walt Disney World Visit

9 Shawn { 08.08.14 at 12:41 am }

I just ran across hour site and it is just fabulous! My family and I (mom, dad and 4-year old son) have been booked since Early this year for Nov 30-Dec 5. Recently Disney sent out their late fall specials which were very appealing. The issue is that the Contemporary (hotel we originally booked) has no rooms available for the discounted rate. We could move the reservation over to the Polynesian Resort and save over $1,000!! With news of the renovation, should we do it? Our #1 reason for staying at the Contemporary is the convenience factor, partucularly walking distance to MK!

If your recommendation is to save the money (which would be great) what specifically should I ask for at the Polynesian? Thanks in advance!!

Shawn

10 Dave { 08.08.14 at 11:03 am }

Thanks Shawn! Only you can value the absence of a main pool–which is the important part of the construction. On such a short visit, with pool weather highly variable in December anyway, I’d take the savings…

11 Lauren { 08.10.14 at 11:09 pm }

If I am arriving in 180 days can I make all of my dinning reservations for my trip, or do I need to login every day to make the dinning reservations, example can I make dinning reservations for day 3 of my trip which is 183 days away? Same with fastpass+ if i am arriving in 60 days can i make reservations for 60, 61 and 62 days out?

12 Dave { 08.11.14 at 8:53 am }

Lauren, if you are staying in a WDW hotel, you can book ten days out once your 180 comes. If you aren’t staying in a WDW hotel, you need to come back every day. And once your FP+ are bookable, you can book as many days out as you have tix.

13 Lauren { 08.11.14 at 6:01 pm }

Great! Thank you! Follow up question, if my reservation is for me my husband and my daughter, and my father and sister are on a different reservation can i still make the dinning reservation for 5 people 180 days out, and all other days of my trip? Or i can only make reservations for 3 people?

14 Dave { 08.12.14 at 7:56 am }

Lauren you can make it for 5!

15 Shawn { 08.14.14 at 12:43 pm }

I’m taking your advise and moving over to the Polynesian and saving exactly$1025.00! Now, what should I request at the Polynesian in terms of room location? I would like the most convenient to the monorail! I’ve never stayed at the Polynesian and have no clue!

Shawn

16 Dave { 08.14.14 at 5:12 pm }

Raratonga, Shawn!

17 Kevin { 08.18.14 at 10:18 am }

Help. I can’t reconcile the Fast pass schedule above with the days that on my schedule I arrive 10/17 and leave 10/26 staying at wilderness lodge villas with 3 daughters 13,9,7. I know I switch Sunday and Tuesday days for this week. I have the itinerary and daily schedules printed. I’m trying to do 60 day fast pass times for each day. For example above says test track fast pass on thurs for Epcot and my daily says go epcot on monday and no fast pass on test track. can you point in in the right direction for fast pass times?

18 Kevin { 08.18.14 at 10:29 am }

Also forgot to ask since we arrive one day before your week itinerary, what can we do Friday night and what is time schedule for first Saturday times? Thanks again!!

19 Dave { 08.18.14 at 12:54 pm }

Kevin, that’s becasue you are looking at a To Do list designed for the three weeks following Thanksgiving. For your dates, see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/to-do-list/to-do-lists-for-alternative-itineraries/

20 Laura Annis { 10.09.14 at 1:37 pm }

We are arrving in a large (10) group August 29-September 5th so we will be arriving on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend…is this typically a busy time of year, or can we expect lower crowds? Thanks! :)

21 Dave { 10.10.14 at 7:23 am }

That’s a wonderfully low crowd time to visit, Laura!! See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/12/05/disney-world-crowds-in-2015/