By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

Free Dining Back at Walt Disney World

THE RETURN OF FREE DINING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD

Mouseplanet.com is reporting here that Walt Disney World will be opening its Free Dining discount program to the general public.

The program will be available for stays August 28, 2011 through September 24, 2011 and must be booked by August 27, 2011.

Another free dining program covers many dates from October 2011 through March 2012. Click here for this October 2011-March 2012 free Disney dining deal.

More details on Disney’s free dining deal are available on Walt Disney World’s website here.

For other Disney World deals and discounts, click here

1 Ted { 05.02.11 at 9:28 pm }

Hi Dave!

I’m still planning my October trip! I’m all booked for 15-22. If I researched correctly, my arrival date last year also didn’t qualify for the free dining plan. Do you know if it qualified for room only discount or maybe even a free discount? Do you think I will get any kind of discount based on last years discounts? I’m bummed I won’t get any kind of deal. 🙁 *other than the 1 free night I won through you. 🙂

Thanks for your help. Ted

2 Dave { 05.03.11 at 7:05 am }

Hi Ted!

There may be a discount announced–there was last year, see http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends –but it all depends on the economy, and the impact its having on booking rates…Disney discounts only when it has to!

3 Ted { 05.08.11 at 11:24 pm }

THANKS!! 🙂

4 Brittany { 05.28.11 at 9:23 am }

Hey there!
I checked out the link you gave Ted. My husband and I will be taking my parents on a surprise trip to WDW Nov. 28-Dec. 3. We are trying to figure out what and if a discount will be available for the Polynesian Resort during that week. We are also looking at the Deluxe dining plan…any clue on what the room rate will be during that time? I am hoping for 40% off room. I think that would be the best discount?

5 Brittany { 05.28.11 at 9:24 am }

BTW Amazing…Amazing site I gave your url to all my friends at work planing their summer trips!

6 Dave { 05.28.11 at 9:38 am }

Hi Brittany!

That period is already one of the lower cost periods for the Polynesian–see http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-to-go/next-best-dates/projected-price-seasons-2009-2011/ and http://www.mousesavers.com/polynesian2011.html

There may be an additional discount–that will depend on how well the rooms are booking. Since the Poly is one of the most popular resorts, it often has few or no rooms included in room-rate discount programs…so if I were you I’d expect no further discount.

BTW if you book wiht a travel agaent and make your discount hopes clear they cna set you up so that you have the best chnace of applying a disocunt announced in the future to your reservation–tho like I said, this may be hard to get for the Poly…see the quote form on the lower right for the travel agents I partner with (if you book starting with that link, they share a little bit of the comission with me 🙂 )

7 Dave { 05.28.11 at 9:38 am }