By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

Disney World Discounts for Well into 2011 Announced

THREE NEW DISNEY DEALS FOR 2010 AND 2011

Walt Disney World has announced three new discount programs, each of which extends into 2011.

• One discount offers free dining for many nights from 10/1/2010 through the end of September 2011.  (No, that’s not a typo…)  A five night stay with four days of tickets minimum is required.  The deal needs to be booked by December 20, 2010.  See this for more on the free Disney dining deal.
  • A second deal offers a Disney gift card valued from $200-$500.  Most dates from 10/3/2010 through February 16, 2011 are eligible—many more dates than are eligible for the dining plan.  A five night stay is required. The deal needs to be booked by November 21, 2010.  See this for more on the Disney gift card deal.
  • The third deal offers discounts of between 25% and 40% off of regular room rates, with the same dates and “buy by” details as the gift card.  No minimum length of stay has been defined—although Disney World’s website notes that “minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday and Saturday arrivals.”  See this for more on the Disney room rate discount deal.

1 Robert Hamm { 09.12.10 at 6:40 am }

We are planning a visit-09/26/2010-10/02/2010. Has the military discount been extended through those dates?

2 Dave { 09.12.10 at 6:58 am }
3 Becky { 01.11.11 at 9:42 am }

Do you think they will offer free dining again in December 2011? When we went in December 2009 we were fortunate enough to book during the free dining dates. We are thinking the first week in December this time.

4 Dave { 01.11.11 at 10:25 am }

Becky, if they do offer free dining in December, the first full week will likely be blacked out, as that’s usually Pop Warner week, and they don’t need to offer discounts to get people into the hotels that week.

For more on Pop Warner week, see http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/05/30/pop-warner-week-at-walt-disney-world/

5 Dana { 01.11.11 at 5:20 pm }

I am planning to visit Disney World the week of November 6th. I don’t think I will be fortunate enough to get a free dining week out of that, but is there any chance that I may get a 7 nights for the price of 4 deal or even a Disney card? (Love the site – Thanks for the insight!)

6 Dave { 01.11.11 at 5:41 pm }

Dana–thanks for the kind words about the site!

I doubt we’ll see as good a deal as the 7 for 4 one (I used that three times!!) in 2011 unless the economy enters a double-dip recession.

If Disney’s hotel bookings aren’t as deep as they wish them to be, they may well offer November discounts of some sort–but it’s too early to tell right now.

7 Sara { 02.08.11 at 3:39 pm }

what is the chance that disney will offer more free dining for 2011 for people who weren’t able to plan a vacation by December? (those of us who have to wait and see what tax refund is:)

8 Dave { 02.08.11 at 3:44 pm }

Sara, I’d guess that there’s a good chance…we should all know by the summer!

9 Sara { 02.08.11 at 4:16 pm }

thank you Dave! Appreciate the reply. We love Disney and I love this site, great info!

10 Dave { 02.08.11 at 6:05 pm }

🙂

11 Leisa { 03.07.11 at 9:41 am }

Last year, November 2010, friends of mine went during Jersey week and got free dining. Free dining is offered to UK and Ireland residents through 11/18/2011. What do you think are the chances of it being offered to US residents 11/5-11/12/2011? We have a trip booked for that time at Coronado Springs.

12 Dave { 03.07.11 at 12:07 pm }

Hi Leisa!

Two issues here: will Disney re-open free dining for 2011, and if so, what will the blackout dates be?

My guess–and that’s all that it is–is that it will re-open free dining for 2011, but that it will end–as it has most years–in late September or very early October.

13 Heather { 05.05.11 at 2:18 pm }

I know that they have just opened the free dining plan thru Sept. Do you think they will extend it like they did last year thru Dec. Planning a trip mid Dec. and wanted to know before I book the character dining reservations.

14 Dave { 05.05.11 at 4:28 pm }

Hi Heather! I don’t know…it’ll depend on how bookings are going later this year. Disney won’t do it if they can avoid it…