Hey everybody, there’s a new itinerary out for arrivals 8/31 through 10/26/2019. You can find it here.

By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2019, the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever.

Available on Amazon here.

Contact

For questions you have that other people might have as well, please use the comment forms you’ll find on every page. That way others will benefit from the answer too!

For any other contact need, email me at davidhobartyfv@gmail.com.

For my social media accounts, click the links:  Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest.

My Amazon author page is here.

1 Kate { 08.29.19 at 12:23 pm }

My husband, grandparents (age 85) and I are traveling with my 2 children (ages 2 & 5). We are staying at an off-site hotel (Sheraton Vistana). We will have a rental car and likely drive to all locations (parks). Due to my kids ages, we are planning to hit the parks as early as possible and will spend time at the resort in the evening. We will not be looking to go out much at night with the exception of a night or two during our trip. We plan to visit all 4 parks with a repeat day of magic kingdom (monday-friday). Our trip is going to be very “little kid focused” with small kid rides, little kid experiences, etc.

With this information, I am wondering if you can help me choose between the following weeks:

April 18-25 (I am concerned about the lingering spring break crowds from the NE as well as some of the star wars half marathon crowds)
April 25-May 2 (I am concerned about the cheer and dance competitions that seem to be going on the entire week. It looks like they JUST changed some dates of one of the competitions. wondering if this changes the crowd predictions)

2 Dave { 08.30.19 at 9:12 am }

Hi Kate, see my week rankings here.

The cheer competitions have no material effect on the parks (despite much uninformed online complaining about them). On an average day there’s 160,000 people in the parks. More people on property for a cheer competition just don’t translate into enough more people to matter.

Similarly, the NE spring breakers don’t much matter, as next to no one else is on break then, and many from the area head south during their common full week President’s Day week breaks instead.

With kids that age, I wouldn’t try to hit every park. For a 5 year old there’s little at Epcot and not a ton at HS or AK. A half day at each of the those two, and 2-3 half days at MK, would be my advice.

3 Lou { 08.31.19 at 3:40 pm }

So much wonderful info on your site. I am working my way through steadily. First trip to Orlando from UK coming next year.
This may be one of the strangest questions..but still….
Do you have any idea which resorts have bathrooms with what I would call a moveable shower,one that you can hold in your hand? I am desperately trying to trawl through all the room images online but it is not always clear. I have some minor mobility issues and this type of shower is really essential to my comfort and ease. I think I can see them in the Coronado Springs and possibly Pop resort pictures.
Anyone with any help on this I would be so grateful. It is a deal breaker for me so I need to know in advance before I book.

4 Dave { 09.01.19 at 10:08 am }

Great question, Lou. It’s not an issue I have focused on, so I can’t give a complete list. But I can confirm Pop and Coronado Springs. Disney also has in every resort “accessible” rooms which you can request. These will have more open baths, more safety rails, and hand -held options.

5 Melanie W. { 09.04.19 at 3:11 pm }

Great Disney sight- I had a question about going to Disney in May 2020. My husband and I are taking our two daughters (ages 8 and 2 ) and my mother to Disney World May 3-9th. I had done a lot of crowd calendar work and we figured with our jobs and schedules this would work best for our family. Now I am second guessing my choice because I see there will cheer competitions at Disney during the weekends flanking the start and end of our trip. How crazy busy does that make the parks? Do the cheerleaders tend to hang out after the competition weekends?I thought it would be lower crowds in early May? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you,Melanie

6 Dave { 09.05.19 at 10:28 am }

Hi Melanie. The cheer competitions happen all the time, and have no material effect on the parks (despite much uninformed online complaining about them). On an average day there’s 160,000 people in the parks. More people on property for a cheer competition just don’t translate into enough more people to matter.

7 Arlene Chan { 09.10.19 at 2:22 am }

Our vacation at WDW 2019 went well thanks to your advice and your book. Have you any thoughts about the 50th Anniversary
Celebration at WDW? When to go, will the celebration start May 2021 or do you think as late as October 2021?

How will the 50th Celebration affect your attendance crowd calendars? We would like to attend the Opening Day celebration in 2021? Will the celebration continue into 2022 and we’ll celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary also?

THANK YOU and for JOSH for the great information, tips and plans you guys provide in your book and websites!

8 Dave { 09.10.19 at 1:26 pm }

Hi Arlene, and thanks!

I don’t have a strong feeling yet for 2021. I’d expect higher attendance than 2020 and much higher than 2019, partly due to all the new rides that will open between now and then, and partly due to the 50th. My best guess on when the 5oth will “formally” start is Sept or Oct 2021, and run though the first quarter of 2023 based on how past celebrations have gone.

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2019 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.