2019 NEW YEAR’S EVE AT DISNEY WORLD
New Year’s Eve festivities and fireworks will happen at Disney World on December 31, 2019 at all four of Disney World’s theme parks, and also at the Magic Kingdom on December 30.
The Animal Kingdom in the past has had no special New Years fireworks events–usually attributed to not troubling the animals. In 2019, it will have a special midnight show at the Tree of Life, but still no fireworks. This makes it the best park to visit for those trying to avoid crowds. Everything will be wildly crowded, but the Animal Kingdom will be less so.
The schedule will look like this:
- Epcot and the Magic Kingdom will be open until at least 1a on New Year’s Eve; Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be open until at least midnight
- The Magic Kingdom will have special New Year’s Eve fireworks at 6.30 and 11.50p
- Epcot will have its Epcot Forever fireworks show at 6.30 and 11.40p, plus DJs in various pavilions.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have Star Wars fireworks at midnight
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will have a light and music show (but no fireworks) at the Tree of Life at midnight
Magic Kingdom will have the same fireworks at the same times on 12/30/19. This date will likely be a little less crowded than 12/31.
Note that alcohol is not available at the Magic Kingdom (other than at a few restaurants), but is available at the other three parks
DISNEY WORLD PARK CLOSURES ON NEW YEAR’S EVE
Disney closes parks due to crowding often on New Year’s Eve. “Closes” means closed to additional guests–those in the parks do not have to leave.
IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING MY HIGH-CROWD ITINERARY
My recommended itinerary puts you in Magic Kingdom on New Year’s Eve. High crowd indeed. From a crowds point of view, the best park choice is Animal Kingdom, so you could swap First Sunday and Tuesday.
If you want to see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom, but on the (slightly) lower crowd 30th, swap instead Monday and Tuesday.